Pelicans Report

Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Game Thread: Pelicans @ Raptors

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    How this was lost at the ft line and a bunch of bull calls
    If Monty played the correct lineups I'm not sure how much any of that matters. Seems like Monty had no interest in going with the right lineups until we were down 15 points.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    #100%Monty

Quote Originally Posted by TPDG22 View Post
    Its really messed up at how many foul calls we get! Monty needs to put the NBA on notice about it right after this game.
    I'd like to know what it is about Gordon especially. It's like a memo went out for him to deliberately not get calls. I'm talking obvious, blatant fouls not being called. Like Joel said, he needs to legally change his name to Kevin Martin. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    That should be his role. Shooting. It's what he's best at. He really should be about 5 inches taller and play off ball. He's more of a 6'1" Klay Thompson.
    I've been saying this for months ..Roberts is an excellent shooter . Monty is trying to convince the world that he is a point guard though
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

Those were certainly factors in this particular loss. Poor substitutions, lineups and in-game adjustments were also factors and those three negatives have been constants this season and they were also factors in the loss tonight.

Monty goes to the bench earlier in the 3rd maybe we win this game . It took him to long to make the proper adjustments once again

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    I'd like to know what it is about Gordon especially. It's like a memo went out for him to deliberately not get calls. I'm talking obvious, blatant fouls not being called. Like Joel said, he needs to legally change his name to Kevin Martin. LOL.
    He isn't as aggressive as he used to be either. It's partially because teams clog the paint when our starting lineup is on the floor, but I think he is frustrated about the lack of respect from referees.

Good game for Reke - very happy about that, Babbitt - 3 blocks crazy, Rivers - Drew 8 FTA and solid game, and of course AD. Other than that not many positives to say.

Great game for Reke. He plays well with Morrow and Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    He isn't as aggressive as he used to be either. It's partially because teams clog the paint when our starting lineup is on the floor, but I think he is frustrated about the lack of respect from referees.
    Probably because he can easily get hurt trying to get calls.

12 seconds... Down by 5... I think everyone on this board would go for a 3.. Right??

WRONG.

Coach of the century Monty Williams goes for the alley oop to Davis. I'm done

Probably because he can easily get hurt trying to get calls.
    That too. NBA refs are an embarrassment. I just want to watch a sport where bad calls at least appear to be caused by human error. They just seem to make calls up as they go, and blow the whistle at random. If it's a blatantly obvious call... Well they will think about it calling it.

Quote Originally Posted by al m337 View Post
    12 seconds... Down by 5... I think everyone on this board would go for a 3.. Right??

WRONG.

Well considering the game is over... i'd say we are all done for the evening

That too. NBA refs are an embarrassment. I just want to watch a sport where bad calls at least appear to be caused by human error. They just seem to make calls up as they go, and blow the whistle at random. If it's a blatantly obvious call... We'll they will think about it calling it.
    Yeah and honestly if I'm not getting calls, I'm not going to try and take contact. Cant blame Gordon for that.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Well considering the game is over... i'd say we are all done for the evening
    I forgot who was in the corner but it seems he was open for a split second could've attempted it but that was nothing more than a tank move by the tank master himself . Montel Williams.. I mean Monty Williams

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar

WRONG.

In a nutshell, it shows how out of his element this man is. He has no business as a game manager of a Jr. College team much less than an NBA team.

Monty Reminds me of Master P with all these tanks .

WRONG.

Dude chill ...it was a good play. Monty tried his best and being a coach in the NBA is alot of pressure. Put yourself in his shoes, the guy is giving it his all. Monty will be here for a long time people ...so lets start supporting the guy.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

That too. NBA refs are an embarrassment. I just want to watch a sport where bad calls at least appear to be caused by human error. They just seem to make calls up as they go, and blow the whistle at random. If it's a blatantly obvious call... Well they will think about it calling it.
    I agree. It's terrible. I've been saying for years now that I just want to watch a fairly called game. On both sides.

Great game for Reke. He plays well with Morrow and Rivers.
    And Babbitt.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Dude chill ...it was a good play. Monty tried his best and being a coach in the NBA is alot of pressure. Put yourself in his shoes, the guy is giving it his all. Monty will be here for a long time people ...so lets start supporting the guy.
    Hope you got your tennis shoes... cuz you bout to get run out the building

Gordon fta this season in down by 3

Maybe this was because I haven't watched enough games but for almost every HC, they put their backups there when the team is up. However, for Monty, he puts Rivers out for Roberts when we are trailing a lot and then checks Roberts back in when Rivers & others almost pull the team up/already up. It happens all the time. Anyone know other examples of this kind of rotations?

Sent from my LT28at using Tapatalk

I agree. It's terrible. I've been saying for years now that I just want to watch a fairly called game. On both sides.
    There were about 12 calls in the second half i was just smh about. That one time where they had the ball and got it back like 6xs (3 or 4 fouls on us) was terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    In a nutshell, it shows how out of his element this man is. He has no business as a game manager of a Jr. College team much less than an NBA team.
    Monty did a ton of things wrong in the game. This was not one of them. Everyone is expecting the 3 so we draw up a play for a quick 2 inside to our ALL-STAR. It was just well guarded.

Thread Information