Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Pelicans vs Nets Gameday Thread

What have I missed besides Gordon obviously stinking it up?

At least they got themselves back in the game

i like babbitt more than miller. he looks more confident and shows much more energy

I just can't wait til Gordon and his awful contract are gone

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Bad first half - All Monty's fault.

Pels make a run to get back in it in the third - Monty had nothing to do with it.

Again, I don't love Monty either, I just wish someone could create a list for us all to agree on what he should get judged on. He seems to be in a no-win situation. If a guy doesn't develop, it's his fault. If he does, he was gonna develop regardless.

Again, I need the list.
    I'm with you. I'm not sold on him yet but he's not 100% to blame either.

Also, if you look at the team's expected win-loss, it's 22-27 which is the record they have now.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    What have I missed besides Gordon obviously stinking it up?
    The whole team sucked in the first half. Terrible defense, no movement on offense, missing FTs, and turning the ball over.

Quote Originally Posted by Alg_Hornet View Post
    All the criticism that Monty gets is legit . There are good things about him and bad things ...His bad things greatly outweighs his good thing d
    Again, I didn't get what I asked for. I want a list of things to judge him on. Because it seems to change every other minute. X thing is Monty's fault if it goes well, and that same X thing gets Monty no credit if it goes well.

Gotta be consistent with arguments IMO. Can't just point to his rotations when they don't work and ignore them when they do. I don't love him either, but the inconsistency makes what could be strong arguments weak.
    @mcnamara247

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by takezor View Post
    Get Stiemsma off the court already, cmon, so we don't have to be watching Davis defend pierce on the 3pt line.
    Stiemsma had a solid quarter. The big lineup worked for us in the 3rd so it's not as foolish as many thought it was.

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    The whole team sucked in the first half. Terrible defense, no movement on offense, missing FTs, and turning the ball over.
    and then roberts and stiemsma had some nice steals and some nice plays on the offensive end

Your beating the dead horse over and over again.
    Give me the list and I won't bring it up anymore. You can't just say a person is bad at a job. You would have an evaluation form and fill it out with how they do, right? That's all I want. What are we judging him on? What is a good version of that thing and what is bad? How often does he do each. Very simple.

The constant whining and complaining without ever mentioning the good is getting old to me personally. Good arguments, not loud ones.

3 fouls in 1 minute. Shooting ourselves in the foot.

damn withey had some nice plays, will get some playing time now? probably not

U-L-M...Geaux Hawks Geaux djpaul89's Avatar
    That's the second time Steamer set up a teammate with a nice pass off the dribble.

I'm not his biggest fan either but he's not the all around terrible player that people make him out to be.

Steisma is killing us
    Dell Demps PLEASE get us some scorers!

They've made 2 more fgs than us but have shot 13 less. Seems to me the team is just having an off night. Not able to watch so going off box score.

Ok... How is that a foul on Stiemsma. He's just standing there, and Plumlee travels and jumps in Stiemsma.... C'mon. That's bull****.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post
    That's the second time Steamer set up a teammate with a nice pass off the dribble.

I'm not his biggest fan either but he's not the all around terrible player that people make him out to be.

Lol. C'mon man. Just cause he can make a nice pass here or there. Grab a few boards here to here. He is HORRIBLE. No way around it. He wouldn't be in the nba if he couldn't make some plays every now and then. He is horrible to the nba standards.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Austin needs to jump like he might try and dunk it cuz he's trying to play like he has this amazing touch around the basket, which he kinda doesn't.

Also, Anderson is merking us. Need Morrow to...

Well...do that.

Quote Originally Posted by djpaul89 View Post

He is a pretty bad player ..he seems like a nice guy and that's the only positive thing I have to say about him

Lol. C'mon man. Just cause he can make a nice pass here or there. Grab a few boards here to here. He is HORRIBLE. No way around it. He wouldn't be in the nba if he couldn't make some plays every now and then. He is horrible to the nba standards.
    and he will NOT get better

If we come back and win this game; wow. Would be GRIT! At least these guys are still battling. Would be easy to tuck tail and call it a night after a first half like that.

All-star Mason Plumlee...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Gotta say, the Plumlee bros...we could really use either of them.

Ball game.

Can anyone on this team make a shot from mid-range?

Thread Information