Pelicans Report

Thread: AD's next contract?

AD's next contract?

I've been wondering what his next contract going to look like. iirc thats coming up in a year or two right? That could and probably will have a lot to do with any trades that go down in the near future of offseason moves.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Pelicans Front Office Initial Offer

It's a max. So depending on if he makes 2 all star games, is named to the all nba team twice, or is the league mvp once, the numbers may vary.

On this is for certain. It's going to be the max possible. 5 years.

He might get the rose contract

In the summer of 2015, he will get a 5 year, 92 million dollar extension from the Pelicans that will go from 2016-2021.

He will sign it - everyone has. Best he could get in summer in 2016 would be 4 years, 60 mil.

So, we can offer him 32 mil more than anyone else and earlier.

This is why a lot of us have said, we have him for a minimum of 9 years. We are just at the beginning....
    @mcnamara247

He's getting Blake's contract 5 year 95 mill

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    He is going to get every freakin penny that is possibly can.

20 years 400.000.000 $ and the option to become the head coach once he retires.

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    then retires and becomes GM

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    It's a max. So depending on if he makes 2 all star games, is named to the all nba team twice, or is the league mvp once, the numbers may vary.

This is why i thought it was a joke when a member suggested that he should decline the invite to the all star game bc the coaches didn't pick him.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    You laugh but LJ signed a 84 million contract for 12 years before those deals were as structured by George shin at that

he's getting the 5 year max, it's already 100% certainty, so after this year we have him for another 7 years in his prime.

All Star starter.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    All Star starter.
    Ah. Well the odds of that happening went down. I guess if he makes the All NBA first, second, or third team is his best option to get that next level contract.

Ah. Well the odds of that happening went down. I guess if he makes the All NBA first, second, or third team is his best option to get that next level contract.
    Yeah. I think he still gets the big contract via All NBA, but that's the only realistic scenario IMO.

It would be great for our cap if he didn't get it, but I hope for him as a person that he does earn it.

It'll look something like this

Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 02-05-2014 at 09:52 PM.

I have not been able to go to a game this year. I live in Shreveport and travel for work...no time. Is AD more impressive watching in person or on TV? I have league pass and watch most of the games possible.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    In the summer of 2015, he will get a 5 year, 92 million dollar extension from the Pelicans that will go from 2016-2021.

He will sign it - everyone has. Best he could get in summer in 2016 would be 4 years, 60 mil.

So, we can offer him 32 mil more than anyone else and earlier.

This is why a lot of us have said, we have him for a minimum of 9 years. We are just at the beginning....
    Im not sure how NBA contarcts are structured but for the sake of arguement say starting in 2016 AD's cap number is somewhere around the 18.5M mark How do you think the roster looks for guys like Anderson, Holiday etc.. Some teams can carry 2 or 3, 20M/yr players and pay luxery taxes, but N.O. will never be one of them.

I'm only wondering b/c this is the first time i've seen a franchise built bacisally from the ground up with a franchise piece and building around him/them.

Lux tax number will be in the mid 70s by then, meaning that even if ADs number is that high, they will have another 60 mil to fill out the roster before they get into penalties. Shouldn't be a problem at all.

You get into problems when you have those super max contracts like Melo, Kobe, and Joe Johnson

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    It'll look something like this

Or like this

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Or like this

Who said it don't rain in the desert?

Thread Information