Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Woj: N.O. "extremely active" in trade talks

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1...a-trade-market

With him on the floor, New Orleans is being outscored by 4.9 points per 100 possessions. When Gordon sits, the Pelicans have a plus-4.0 net rating, which would be tied for the ninth-best mark in the league.

The Pelicans' defense, the biggest thing keeping them out of the playoff picture, sees the most dramatic change when he's taken out of the equation. New Orleans goes from a top-10 defense (101.4 points allowed per 100 possessions, good for eighth overall) to the league's worst (109.4, the 30th ranked Utah Jazz allow 107.5) simply by giving Gordon floor time.
    never assume

I wonder the stats about friggin' roberts on the floor..

The Franchise
    Eric Gordon's trade kicker is an underrated issue trading him.

I would take the Detroit deal.

Jrue
    Evans
    Anderson
    Smith
    Davis

With Anderson and Smith switching roles on Offense and Defense is very solid going forward. It is a better line up then Jrue/Gordon/Tyreke/Anderson/Davis.

If this is the only deal out there I take it and I am not a fan of Josh Smith but its a better fit.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    If we make that trade we will be in the same boat with not being able to sign other solid role players and be stuck with guys like Roberts and Steimsma. More than likely would have to trade either Evans or Ryno if that happens, because I don't see us moving Holiday.

I actually like Josh Smith okay, but not at these prices, baby! (if I can quote John Shaft). He's an answer to a different problem than we have. Like Gordon, he's probably 2x overpaid for his production and he can't play center. I don't think AD is ready to be a full time center and, more importantly, based on his comments to date he may not want to play that position (he compared himself to Dirk, after all). If we go front court, I'm still in the camp for a rugged big who can protect the rim, man up on bigger centers and sit on the bench at crunch time while our best 5 try to put the game away. If we go back court, a good 3 and D wing would help us out. What we don't need is another scoring 4, especially at 11 or 12 mil a year for the next three years. If we can't make a deal for what we need, and I understand that might well be the case, then you sit tight, keep your powder dry and see what you can get done in the offseason. No deal is obviously better than a bad deal or even a deal that brings a good player, but the wrong player.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Man, people acting line Josh Smith is the plague on here. I could go either way on the trade myself. But one thing I think is unable to debate is who is the superior player. Smith by a landslide IMO.
    His offense will always negate whatever impacts he has on defense. He's really an average overall player. But so is Gordon too. Rather keep the guy with less years on his contract.

Really, Smith is like the opposite version of Ryan Anderson. One is great defensively, terrible offensively while the other is great offensively and terrible defensively.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

I could see Demps making a play for Smith. He always values raw talent over proven production.

So, we're looking for a rim protector or wingman?

I really REALLY think Monty is showcasing Roberts. No way we'll trade Rivers his ceiling is way too high, and I doubt they'll trade Rivers as long as Monty and Dell work there (being good friends with Doc). yeah I know its a business, but I don't see it happenin' (trading AR).

At this point I'd trade Gordon for a bag of Flaming hot Cheetos. But since that can't happen, I'd gladly take Josh Smith off Detroit's hands.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I really REALLY think Monty is showcasing Roberts. No way we'll trade Rivers his ceiling is way too high, and I doubt they'll trade Rivers as long as Monty and Dell work there (being good friends with Doc). yeah I know its a business, but I don't see it happenin' (trading AR).

At this point I'd trade Gordon for a bag of Flaming hot Cheetos. But since that can't happen, I'd gladly take Josh Smith off Detroit's hands.
    I don't think he is showcasing Roberts (if so, it has been for 1 1/2 seasons now). Taking Smith for Gordon would be terrible as it adds another $12 million in guaranteed contracts to our cap over the length of his deal.

Which he should by next year. Full time IMO. And against 2nd unit's, Ryno and Smith can play 4 and 5. End of games, all three can play with Smith playing PF on offense, SF on D.

Not ideal, but again if that is my only option, it is better than Gordon IMO.
    Would you rather trade Gordon for Smith or trade Gordon for Ben Gordon and have more cap room after the season?

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    Would you rather trade Gordon for Smith or trade Gordon for Ben Gordon and have more cap room after the season?
    ben gordon x1000

Basketball Guru
    Reading alot of these comments,,,,im glad demps is in control lol.......if by some reason demps have lost his mind and trade gordon for josh smith,,,,ill give any one of you josh smith lovers my tickets for the remainder of the season and you have my word on that.

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    Reading alot of these comments,,,,im glad demps is in control lol.......if by some reason demps have lost his mind and trade gordon for josh smith,,,,ill give any one of you josh smith lovers my tickets for the remainder of the season and you have my word on that.
    Ditto

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1-6

Wildcard. They trade Tyreke for Josh Smith. Detroit wanted to sign him in RFA, and this would allow Gordon's contract to come up when it does while only adding about 3 million each year to Tyrekes.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Wildcard. They trade Tyreke for Josh Smith. Detroit wanted to sign him in RFA, and this would allow Gordon's contract to come up when it does while only adding about 3 million each year to Tyrekes.
    Kumar, you so silly

I'd love it if they traded Brandon Knight for Evans just so they could have no spacing at all. Watching Evans barrel into the lane only to meet 4 defenders, he dumps the ball off to Drummond who has been forced out 15 feet. He pauses and passes it to Monroe at the high post, who has 4 defenders in the post and chooses to hit the release valve and hit Josh Smith on the wing. Josh Smith grabs the ball and loocks up to see there is 4 seconds left on the shot clock. His knees weak arms are heavy there's vomit on his jersey already. Mom's spaghetti he tries but he keeps on forgetting so he drops a bomb from three as a defender runs out on him.
    Clank.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

The problem is Josh Smith thinks he's a different player than he really is. If someone can get him to buy into the role of athletic freak that can push the tempo and break down defenses, he and AD would be the best frontcourt in the league. But he needs to understand that he is very athletic and handles the ball really well to be stuck in midrange pull ups and 3 pointers. Heck, he even won a slam dunk championship! He and Davis roaming free would devastate opposing teams, but he can't turn on the Larry Bird he think he has inside of him.

And let's not forget that we could be including Pierre Jackson in the negotiations, maybe someone fell in love with him and we're using him to sweeten a deal... Who knows...

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I'd love it if they traded Brandon Knight for Evans just so they could have no spacing at all. Watching Evans barrel into the lane only to meet 4 defenders, he dumps the ball off to Drummond who has been forced out 15 feet. He pauses and passes it to Monroe at the high post, who has 4 defenders in the post and chooses to hit the release valve and hit Josh Smith on the wing. Josh Smith grabs the ball and loocks up to see there is 4 seconds left on the shot clock. His knees weak arms are heavy there's vomit on his jersey already. Mom's spaghetti he tries but he keeps on forgetting so he drops a bomb from three as a defender runs out on him.
    Clank.
    Think you mean Jennings. Yeah?

This seems more like a lateral move than a move forward.

Gordon for Gordon. But I think Charlotte is going after Evan Turner

@mcnamara247

Think you mean Jennings. Yeah?
    Jennings, Knight, there's no difference. Yeah, brain stalled.

Gordon for Gordon. But I think Charlotte is going after Evan Turner

Because they are masochists?

Woj: N.O. "extremely active" in trade talks

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    Jennings, Knight, there's no difference. Yeah, brain stalled.
    They both have big ears in nba 2k

Quote Originally Posted by dmmlsu View Post
    Roberts is not getting traded that is Monty's boy
    Actually, it's Rivers that goes way back with Monty. Roberts simply beats out Rivers on the court, which is in itself rather pathetic.

Okay Dell remember what we said, trade with the Bucks. They have 2 SF's and C's that would be legit starters for us

Thread Information