Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Woj: N.O. "extremely active" in trade talks

Sanders could probably fetch a more short-term contract than Gordon.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Both teams have to say yes for a trade to be legal per NBA rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    from what i've seen is that they just know that Josh Smith's contract is one of the hardest to move in the league, Drummond is untouchable, & they are in desperate need of perimeter scoring. I don't think they'd do it for solely Gordon because I feel like guys like Afflalo or Waiters can be had for Monroe

Trade Gordon?

WHY OH WHY DO YOU WANT TO TRADE OUR ONLY CONSISTENTLY HEALTHY GUARD!?

[Sorry, I just can't believe that this thought came to me while scrolling through this thread.]

Quote Originally Posted by MonsterMash View Post
    That trade would be incredible for us. Smith is a bad fit next to the Detroit bigs, but he - not Horford - had the best adjusted plus minus in Atlanta year in, year out. He rebounds like mad and he's so mobile ... playing him and Davis together would make that hedging defense considerably more effective. No rim protection when Davis is in the pick and roll? Still gotta shoot over Smith.

I think that would be a tremendous move. Detroit might be desperate enough to jump ... they need a 2 guard in the worst way and Gordon has played well and stayed on the court.

Josh smith? Wouldn't like it one bit honestly, i'd rather keep gordon, at least in a couple of years he'll be gone for free

Do not want to trade for smith even for a second rounder
    This team aint wining nothing with this coach, we can make all the excuses we want. Unfortunately excuses don't win games.

They just signed Babbit.

Basketball Guru
    All i want for all star break is a PF/C that can hit a mid range jumper,,,,,post up in the paint to draw fouls or and 1s.......we havent had anyone like that since carl landry.SMH..............so i hope we trade steam.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    All i want for all star break is a PF/C that can hit a mid range jumper,,,,,post up in the paint to draw fouls or and 1s.......we havent had anyone like that since carl landry.SMH..............so i hope we trade steam.
    Did you forget about Chris Kaman? Great for us offensively but to me that isn't the ideal big man. We need a big center that can actually defend and rebound.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 02-04-2014 at 11:54 AM.

Man, people acting line Josh Smith is the plague on here. I could go either way on the trade myself. But one thing I think is unable to debate is who is the superior player. Smith by a landslide IMO.
    @mcnamara247

Man, people acting line Josh Smith is the plague on here. I could go either way on the trade myself. But one thing I think is unable to debate is who is the superior player. Smith by a landslide IMO.
    Can we ammend his contract that takes $500,000 back from every 3 pointer he shoots?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I wouldn't mind Josh Smith , I would do that deal in a heartbeat

I think we are looking to trape someone. Only guys I see getting moved are Rivers, Roberts, and Aminu. Seeing Rivers go would make me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Can we ammend his contract that takes $500,000 back from every 3 pointer he shoots?
    His three's are way up since being forced to play SF for Detroit. 3-pt rate up nearly 250% from two years ago. Put him at PFand if you get the player from 11-12, this team could be elite next year. A gamble, but one I take over the gamble that is EJ. If that is my only option, I do it. I am hoping for better, though.
    Last edited by MichaelMcNamara; 02-04-2014 at 12:27 PM.

Gordon for Noah is one I'd be happy with. I have no idea if this can even work but whateves, I'm hangry.

I think y'all are missing the point. Re-read the tweet: NO is very actove in trade talks. No mention of who.

That tells me that they are throwing all kinds of hints out there and nothing is going anywhere. There is plenty of time left, but I would'nt hold my breath on any kind of blockbuster deal.

Quote Originally Posted by cki3915 View Post
    I think y'all are missing the point. Re-read the tweet: NO is very actove in trade talks. No mention of who.

That tells me that they are throwing all kinds of hints out there and nothing is going anywhere. There is plenty of time left, but I would'nt hold my breath on any kind of blockbuster deal.
    Looking back at history and over 80% of trades made in season are done in the final two days before the deadline. Teams are talking to everyone right now, throwing proposals on a board (yes, they do have actual boards), then only really get serious in those final few days.

Quote Originally Posted by SmontySwilliams View Post
    Gordon for Noah is one I'd be happy with. I have no idea if this can even work but whateves, I'm hangry.
    Why would the Bulls do that trade ??

he's a good power forward, he is a god awful terrible small forward.

if he was to play PF for us, which i'd be fine with, then 3 of our best players would be power forwards, unless davis is making the jump to center

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    Why would the Bulls do that trade ??
    You'd have to ask the Bulls, I don't know.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    he's a good power forward, he is a god awful terrible small forward.

if he was to play PF for us, which i'd be fine with, then 3 of our best players would be power forwards, unless davis is making the jump to center
    Which he should by next year. Full time IMO. And against 2nd unit's, Ryno and Smith can play 4 and 5. End of games, all three can play with Smith playing PF on offense, SF on D.

Not ideal, but again if that is my only option, it is better than Gordon IMO.

Josh Smith $14,000,000 $14,000,000 $14,000,000 $14,000,000

Quote Originally Posted by Smirk View Post
    Josh Smith $14,000,000 $14,000,000 $14,000,000 $14,000,000
    And Gordon's contract? More in those first three years, right?

Which he should by next year. Full time IMO. And against 2nd unit's, Ryno and Smith can play 4 and 5. End of games, all three can play with Smith playing PF on offense, SF on D.

Not ideal, but again if that is my only option, it is better than Gordon IMO.
    ahhhhh that's a really good point, i didnt think about that ryno play sf on offense pf on defense, and the opposite with smith, i like it a lot, problem is i doubt monty is smart enough to do that haha, like how he had roberts on tony parker last night and not gordon :/

MM just loves to be the Hipster of this forum. I can see you having a pet rock and thinking its perfectly normal.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Thread Information