Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 24 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Woj: N.O. "extremely active" in trade talks

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

Rumor Woj: N.O. "extremely active" in trade talks

*pleasegordonpleasegordonpleasegordonpleasegordonp leasegordonpleasegordonpleasegordonpleasegordon*

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Sources say we are close to trading Monty.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Y our sources are so much better than Chris broussards
    Last edited by superstar7th; 02-04-2014 at 09:51 AM.

I have this very sinking feeling Rivers is getting traded.

I would be upset if Rivers was traded

I hope it's Roberts and not rivers. If they trade rivers that means Pierre is moving up. Smh no defense at the point at all

Roberts is not getting traded that is Monty's boy

I wouldn't be suprised if we trade Rivers and kept Roberts.

Rivers and Davis are my favorite players. I would be sooo pissed of if the trade a improving hard worker that's young and keep a 28 year old PG that struggles and has hit his ceiling. Im also hoping that we are not trading for "right now", and for the future. I don't want anymore Willie greens or Roberts because of our coach weird fetish with old veterans that are in reality below mediocre.

Dream trade: Irving for Gordon+ holiday+ future picks
    Kevin love (does extension) for Ryno +Gordon+ picks

Nightmare trade (that I can see happening because of Monty) Green and Okafor for Rivers + Withey
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Rivers and Davis are my favorite players. I would be sooo pissed of if the trade a improving hard worker that's young and keep a 28 year old PG that struggles and has hit his ceiling. Im also hoping that we are not trading for "right now", and for the future. I don't want anymore Willie greens or Roberts because of our coach weird fetish with old veterans that are in reality below mediocre.

Dream trade: Irving for Gordon+ holiday+ future picks
    Kevin love (does extension) for Ryno +Gordon+ picks

Nightmare trade (that I can see happening because of Monty) Green and Okafor for Rivers + Withey
    Well, I can assure you that you don't have to worry about your nightmare trade, because it is not even close to be legal, so there's that.
    @mcnamara247

Monty's pet Roberts aint going anywhere!

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I wouldn't even trade Holiday for Irving, much less Gordon and picks.

I would throw up if we get Willie Green Monty would start him. He loves high character guys over one that can actually play. There is a reason why Roberts is more mature than Rivers and Tyreke because he's damn near 30.

I am starting to feel more and more every day that the Gordon for Josh Smith trade could be in play. And honestly, I don't know how I feel about it. Love certain things about it, hate others. Think a 3-man big rotation with Ryno, Smith, and AD would really compliment everyone - but would the team be fine putting AD at center 30+ minutes per game starting next year?

Could Smith and AD play High-low the way Smith and Horford did at times (which was beautiful basketball)?

Honestly, I think Detroit does it and Monty has raved about Josh Smith in the past. Dell could go to Benson and convince him that it is a good move for the present and the future, so he would sign off.

Just seems to fit in a lot of ways.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I am starting to feel more and more every day that the Gordon for Josh Smith trade could be in play. And honestly, I don't know how I feel about it. Love certain things about it, hate others. Think a 3-man big rotation with Ryno, Smith, and AD would really compliment everyone - but would the team be fine putting AD at center 30+ minutes per game starting next year?

Could Smith and AD play High-low the way Smith and Horford did at times (which was beautiful basketball)?

Honestly, I think Detroit does it and Monty has raved about Josh Smith in the past. Dell could go to Benson and convince him that it is a good move for the present and the future, so he would sign off.

Horrible trade Josh Smith is what he is, he throws up bad shots, then he's signed to a new contract, no way I want 4 years of that type of money tied up . I rather 1 year of Gordon than 4 years of Smith we'll be in the exact same situation.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 02-04-2014 at 10:41 AM.

Well, I can assure you that you don't have to worry about your nightmare trade, because it is not even close to be legal, so there's that.
    Your Josh Smith for Eric Gordon trade ideas make me wanna cry.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Monroe pleeeeeeeease.
    Wherehappens.

Monroe would fit terrible with Davis.

I'll go get the rail to ride Demps out of town if he trades for Josh Smith. My god.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Monroe pleeeeeeeease.
    Both teams have to say yes for a trade to be legal per NBA rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Both teams have to say yes for a trade to be legal per NBA rules

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    That trade would be incredible for us. Smith is a bad fit next to the Detroit bigs, but he - not Horford - had the best adjusted plus minus in Atlanta year in, year out. He rebounds like mad and he's so mobile ... playing him and Davis together would make that hedging defense considerably more effective. No rim protection when Davis is in the pick and roll? Still gotta shoot over Smith.

I think that would be a tremendous move. Detroit might be desperate enough to jump ... they need a 2 guard in the worst way and Gordon has played well and stayed on the court.

Sanders and Neal for Gordon both organizations want to get rid of these players and are a better fit for each. Plus Bucks are rebuilding and would get Gordon off the books sooner rather than have Sanders long term.

Thread Information