Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Davis snubbed as predicted

Glad Millsap made it. God bless our flag.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I knew this thread would be made. Lol. He didn't get snubbed. It's a crowded field in the west. They are saying he will likely get in by way of Kobe's replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I knew this thread would be made. Lol. He didn't get snubbed. It's a crowded field in the west. They are saying he will likely get in by way of Kobe's replacement.
    Sitting behind Dirk on the bench. Perhaps I should have titled it "Who voted for Dirk?"

I Think AD will be a injury replacement

Isn't Davis injured to begin with right now? Why get him injured again in a popularity scrimmage?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    Sitting behind Dirk on the bench. Perhaps I should have titled it "Who voted for Dirk?"
    Lol. I hear ya. Davis could of def made it. IMO. I consider snubbed a little more drastic tho. This crap is all a popularity contest tho. The nest time Davis misses an all star game will be 2030.

Am I the only one completely indifferent to this?

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    Isn't Davis injured to begin with right now? Why get him injured again in a popularity scrimmage?
    He's not injured. He's going to play Saturday. He was held out for soreness in his finger last night. Should be good to go.

Honestly I think they need to change the format. I mean the whole East/West format is played out. Take cues from what the NFL did this season with the Pro Bowl...or even how they've done with the Rising Stars and have a draft. I mean the West Conf. Snubbed team would kill the East reserves. To me it should be the best players. The voting for the starters is a joke has been since Yao Ming was getting voted in every year and was barely playing...

I'm not saying fan votes shouldn't matter but they shouldn't be the majority % of who is actually starting. Everybody & they mama know Kobe was hurt but Kobe's stalkers were able to vote him in.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Lol. I hear ya. Davis could of def made it. IMO. I consider snubbed a little more drastic tho. This crap is all a popularity contest tho. The nest time Davis misses an all star game will be 2030.
    Her was snubbed, but not for some scrub. I think he still makes it.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Y'all are really overreacting. Yea it sucks that AD didn't make it. He absolutely deserved to. But so did Dirk who is having a phenomenal season as the centerpiece of a massively overachieving team. There really isn't anyone who made the team that didn't deserve it. There are definitely people who didn't make it that also deserve it. The West is just so stacked this year that there had to be a few great players who ultimately missed the cut.

Lame. He deserves to go in based by his play, not some pos getting injured.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Her was snubbed, but not for some scrub. I think he still makes it.
    Dirk? If so I agree but then u have cousins who didn't make it. He has just as much a gripe as Davis. I consider a snub an obvious, blatant thing.

Not a big deal. This happens every year to several players. Nobody on this list deserve begining there less than Davis.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Not a big deal. This happens every year to several players. Nobody on this list deserve begining there less than Davis.
    I agree. The only name in the running I would of objected to was DeAndre Jordan, but Aldridge and Dirk. Can't argue with those two guys. AD probably takes Kobe's place anyhow.

Side note:

IF AD gets in by way of Kobe's injury, I'll expect a thread from some people saying it's not a real All-Star bid like they did for Jrue Holiday

Your first ASG is always the hardest.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I agree. The only name in the running I would of objected to was DeAndre Jordan, but Aldridge and Dirk. Can't argue with those two guys. AD probably takes Kobe's place anyhow.

Side note:

IF AD gets in by way of Kobe's injury, I'll expect a thread from some people saying it's not a real All-Star bid like they did for Jrue Holiday
    Yeah if it was DeAndre this thread would be 100% legit.

Not to through dirt on Holiday, but several PG's were hurt when he made it. If Davis makes it for Kobe it's legit IMO. Honestly I thought since Kobe was injuried they had to choose a guard to replace him.

There was 2 snubbs tonight AD & Lance Stephenson

^^ I read Stephenson looked really upset.

It doesn't matter that someone was hurt. Someone had to be a replacement and Jrue obviously was playing well enough to be selected. There were other guards in the East (Hill, Teague) whose teams were playing well but they didn't get selected, Jrue did. Just like AD being a replacement for Griffin in the Olympics. He didn't get a fake medal simply because he was an injury replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Yeah if it was DeAndre this thread would be 100% legit.

Not to through dirt on Holiday, but several PG's were hurt when he made it. If Davis makes it for Kobe it's legit IMO. Honestly I thought since Kobe was injuried they had to choose a guard to replace him.
    Commish Silver chooses the replacement. Since there are 4 guards and and 3 bigs selected by coaches as reserves, AD can get in. I think there are 2 wild card roster positions. Brook Lopez replaced Rondo last year, so there is that.

Holiday was playing like an all-star before the break. It all went to **** after the break, but it doesn't matter. He'll most likely never make it in the west no matter what numbers he puts up.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Commish Silver chooses the replacement. Since there are 4 guards and and 3 bigs selected by coaches as reserves, AD can get in. I think there are 2 wild card roster positions. Brook Lopez replaced Rondo last year, so there is that.

Holiday was playing like an all-star before the break. It all went to **** after the break, but it doesn't matter. He'll most likely never make it in the west no matter what numbers he puts up.
    So there should be one injury replacement and two wildcards right? So all in all, we should be hearing 3 new names in the near future. Is that correct?

AD will get the Commish vote. The game is in New Orleans so the NBA will want at least 1 Pelican to represent.

Silver has two choices for Kobe's spot: AD or Dragic. Looking at it that way, I don't see why we are worried. He will be an All Star this year. Moving on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @mcnamara247

Okay nevermind about the 3 more picks. They picked 7 reserves tonight so all that's left is Kobe's injury replacement.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    So there should be one injury replacement and two wildcards right? So all in all, we should be hearing 3 new names in the near future. Is that correct?
    When coaches vote they pick 2 guards, three front court players and 2 wild cards, I think. So if one of the guards that got the wild card spot replaces kobe in the starting lineup, AD could take that spot. That was the point I was trying to make.

Thread Information