Pelicans Report

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4 10 11 12 13 14

Thread: Cavs vs Pels gameday thread(1-28-14)

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Johnny o Bryant III Is taking Julius randle to school
    Job3 27pts 9rbs 2blks
    Randle 6 pts 5rbs 3stls 1blk

Davis getting that national recognition yet again on sportscenter. Calling it a block party!!!!haha loving it.

davis on cavs lol, they wouldnt even give him any minutes in his rookie year, look at bennett

id take willliams over woodson or scott

Dan gilbert makes me vomit

the cavs have had like 4 top 4 picks in a row, 2 of which were the #1 pick, and they still suck

Davis must be the best shot blocker the league has seen since at the very least ben wallace (he reminds me of him also as far as steals go) if not mutombo himself. What a player

AD is #extraordinary!

Did he break/anything else some other record with last night?

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I can't help but feel like we would be better off record wise if Monty hadnt held out Austin Jeff and Miller before the onslaught of injuries came. They are by no means world beaters, but they are solid bench pieces. They would have complimented Reke and Ryno very well.
    same feeling here now and it was here before the injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I know people don't like that I call AD a once in a generation player, but I won't stop. I do believe he will be at the top of the mountain with the all time greats when it is all said and done.

People might view this as a lost season because there will be no playoffs and no draft pick, but I completely disagree

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I agree with this 100%. We won't make the playoffs and we won't get that pick but AD is growing and I also think he is becoming this once in a generation player

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    the cavs have had like 4 top 4 picks in a row, 2 of which were the #1 pick, and they still suck
    They've drafted horribly and Irving is overrated overall as a player.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    in other news if u take out austin river's 2 half court heaves at the end of the buzzer vs the magic he is shooting 41% from 3 on the season
    I don't think anyone can say anything other than Rivers is improving this year. He has turned into a solid bench player for the Pels after only one offseason. Dude is obviously putting in the work. Once he develops a jumper I think he will have the potential to be a starter.

Some stats for this year compared to last for AR: Increased FG% by 2.7, 3p% by 5.6%, FT% by 8.6%, has almost doubled his FTAs per36, has almost doubled his PER, has increased in nearly every advanced stat except REB which is the same, has decreased his TOV% by 5%, has an ORtg over 100 now (101), AND actually has a positive win share.

Yes. He has work to do, but there are a lot of positives.

AD's shot chart. I generally dislike the mid-range shot, but if it can become automatic for AD, then I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    AD's shot chart. I generally dislike the mid-range shot, but if it can become automatic for AD, then I love it.
    The mid-range shot is the most underrated skill in basketball. EVERYBODY should have a mid-range game. There are too many "3 or dunk" players in the NBA, and the most effective scorers all have mid-range games. If AD wants to be "that dude", then the mid-range game is a must, because now bigs have to respect that shot, and he can go around them.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    We were so caught up in Davis triple double. Gordon needed 1 more assist and 3 boards to get his. He finished with 20 9 7 with 0 tovs
    And what about The Steamer's near double double ?? If only he could have made his last free throw.. =(

My apologies to kclaboy. I got a little carried away and should have never called him out like that. As for Davis we are gifted to have him. I hope he stays here in the long term. I know our last gifted player decided to leave us for Hollywood. Let us hope Davis does not do that on us. Now let us find a way to get Davis in all-star game.

People talk about Rivers, and maybe we should have taken Henson or Sullinger, Lamb, etc instead. But those are minor upgrades. Not like the Pels passed on a star, and still a chance Rivers catches up to some of those guys.

Cavs passed on Drummond and Lillard (or even Barnes) for Waiters. Passed on Valanciunas for Thompson. Oladipo for Bennett.

Being a fan of that team must be really hard right now. Could you imagine what could have been? And its not like they took the consensus guy. They went off the board all three times. If they just took the consensus guy, they would be unreal.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    People talk about Rivers, and maybe we should have taken Henson or Sullinger, Lamb, etc instead. But those are minor upgrades. Not like the Pels passed on a star, and still a chance Rivers catches up to some of those guys.

Cavs passed on Drummond and Lillard (or even Barnes) for Waiters. Passed on Valanciunas for Thompson. Oladipo for Bennett.

Being a fan of that team must be really hard right now. Could you imagine what could have been? And its not like they took the consensus guy. They went off the board all three times. If they just took the consensus guy, they would be unreal.
    Yea that's what I was saying on a diff thread. Taking a look at the gm's moves by the cavs makes me appreciate dell lol. My goodness that guys has missed all over the place. Outsmarted himself pretty much. That guy has screwed up in a few trades as well. I still think the deng trade was horrible for them.

It also shows how lucky we are, we got the first pick on a good year.

i guess that 6pm start was a little too late for the Times Pic writers. I was looking forward to seeing AD-adulation, but instead a piece about Brian friggin Roberts?! Didn't even post the score of last night's game.

HR SIM LEAGUE: MEMPHIS GRIZZLIES

Mod over at reddit.com/r/NOLAPelicans

Thread Information