Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 14 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 LastLast

Thread: Cavs vs Pels gameday thread(1-28-14)

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I wish we had some media members that would ask Monty that after the game. Won't happen tho.
    You still don't understand. You wouldn't get a real answer. You would get some stock quote with no real reason. Things have been asked, and you never get an answer worth publishing. It stinks, but that's how it goes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @mcnamara247

you know the ball is falling your way when olde concrete shoes Steamer gets 11 boards

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    You still don't understand. You wouldn't get a real answer. You would get some stock quote with no real reason. Things have been asked, and you never get an answer worth publishing. It stinks, but that's how it goes

I get that part but it's still worth asking. If that was the case with everything then there would be no point for journalists. I've seen many times where media guys will put the coaches on the spot for something they did or didn't do during a game and make it tough on them. No matter the answer it's about asking the tough questions.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackJacket View Post
    Is there a rule where you can't admit to being injured? KD did the same thing with his shoulder.
    I think if you have a head injury you have to pass a concussion test to come back in?

I don't understand. Why would Monty need to explain not playing Withey? Steamer had a great game.

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    I think if you have a head injury I think you have to pass a concussion test to come back in?
    What are you talking about? Are you drunk?

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I don't understand. Why would Monty need to explain not playing Withey? Steamer had a great game.
    Steamer had a good game, but Withey had a string of games that showed promise. Was just odd to see the switch. It worked out. Just odd that the switch happened.

Our post game PC is just so generic compared to other teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post

I know that is the rule in the NFL and wrestling

I know that is the rule in the NFL and wrestling
    This is the NBA, and we are talking about a dislocated finger and hurt shoulder... why bring up concussions?

I get that part but it's still worth asking. If that was the case with everything then there would be no point for journalists. I've seen many times where media guys will put the coaches on the spot for something they did or didn't do during a game and make it tough on them. No matter the answer it's about asking the tough questions.
    I am saying it has been asked. The Rivers/Roberts thing too. The answers aren't worth publishing. No real answers are given. The realist the team ever gets is at those Chalk Talks. Try to get into one of those if you can. Best chance you got

It's not about him needing to explain. It's about the fan base wanting to know what's going on with the team. Good or bad. He's been getting solid min and giving good production. Then all of a sudden he is a DNP. Ppl r curious that's all.

Because everything he does is wrong! Even if it's right!

This is the NBA, and we are talking about a dislocated finger and hurt shoulder... why bring up concussions?
    Just sayin, he asked the question about not telling an injury

http://www.nba.com/official/concussi...y_summary.html

How long jure got left until he return

I am saying it has been asked. The Rivers/Roberts thing too. The answers aren't worth publishing. No real answers are given. The realist the team ever gets is at those Chalk Talks. Try to get into one of those if you can. Best chance you got

What's this chalk talk u speak of?

No he didn't. lol He asked why players never admit to an injury. Like when AD said nothing happened on that play and was fine.

you win troll. You've trolled this whole game thread. Go back to watching ****ty LSU basketball.

No he didn't. lol He asked why players never admit to an injury. Like when AD said nothing happened on that play and was fine.

you win troll. You've trolled this whole game thread. Go back to watching ****ty LSU basketball.
    TY....dam thought I was trippin there for a sec earlier in the thread.

Steamer had a good game, but Withey had a string of games that showed promise. Was just odd to see the switch. It worked out. Just odd that the switch happened.
    People applauded Monty for going with the hot hand. . .except when it comes to Steamer? Maybe the idea was for Withey to get good minutes but Steamer was playing so good that Monty didn't want to mess with it. Either way, I don't think THAT's the question we should be asking Monty.

Wow, Sorry I gave you PMS, Why did you respond? Curious what do you have against LSU?

People applauded Monty for going with the hot hand. . .except when it comes to Steamer? Maybe the idea was for Withey to get good minutes but Steamer was playing so good that Monty didn't want to mess with it. Either way, I don't think THAT's the question we should be asking Monty.
    Taking it too literally man. It doesn't just happen to Withey this one time. Players go from playing minutes to DNP randomly with Monty's teams. It's a thing he does. Maybe it's motivation, idk.

TY....dam thought I was trippin there for a sec earlier in the thread.
    Cheerleader?

Hey. Davis getting 39-40 min is refreshing. My god we got a special one. Do u guys think with our current guys out and us playing good. That can open the door on some trades that we didn't previously entertain?

Bennett went 5 of 10 for 15 pts and had 8 rebs against us. Steamer almost got a double double. This team has the weirdest games.

Thread Information