Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Pierre new face {Merged}

I'm waiting to see which plastic surgeon uses this as advertisement.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cki3915 View Post
    Now, he actually looks liek a Pelican.

My question is...does King Cake Baby show up at the All Star Game?
    KING CAKE BABY!!!

I miss old Pierre already
    I do like that the new Pierre looks a little more like a pelican though.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    That's a good upgrade.

Geez this new Pierre is soooooooo much better.

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    I applaud the New Orleans Pelicans for listening to the fans and giving Pierre The Pelican a new look which is miles better than his predecessor. However, I still think the team could have at least made an attempt to make him look similar to the pelican in the primary logo. I know our state bird is the brow pelican, thus the change they made to brown/tan feathers, but why couldn't they make him white like the one in the logo? The beak could have even still been red, just not as creepy as the other one. Here is a rough version (middle) of what I think they should have gone with. Your thoughts?

Quote Originally Posted by bigdub81 View Post
    I applaud the New Orleans Pelicans for listening to the fans and giving Pierre The Pelican a new look which is miles better than his predecessor. However, I still think the team could have at least made an attempt to make him look similar to the pelican in the primary logo. I know our state bird is the brow pelican, thus the change they made to brown/tan feathers, but why couldn't they make him white like the one in the logo? The beak could have even still been red, just not as creepy as the other one. Here is a rough version (middle) of what I think they should have gone with. Your thoughts?

Hate that thing, looks like a baby seal mated with a pelican. I love the new look Pierre. I think they got it right by changing the death beak into something less menacing.
    If Wayne is E.T.-ish tell him phone home

Now that Pierre is less intimidating our home court advantage decreases a little bit.

Haha! They were just talking about Pierre's makeover on Sportsnation and said he had a makeover to make him look more "child friendly" and someone said at this point he looks "toddler friendly" and if you're going to name your team the Pelicans, you need to make him look MORE intimidating, not LESS intimidating.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Didn't you know that anything team related needs to be intimidating? Just look at the Lakers and Spurs! GRRRRrrrrrrr
    Wherehappens.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Because that's why the Seahawks won the Super Bowl. Their name was intimidating. Hawks from out the sea! That's where Godzilla lives!

How could you possibly beat that? Why even try? They're called the SEAHAWKS!

THE SEAHAWKS!!!!!

But the Broncos logo is also badass and intimidating (maybe even more than Seattle's).

shoulda gone with this...

Quote Originally Posted by Atarwii View Post
    LOL--you can't polish a turd.
    Old fan. Tired fan. I want to believe.

Thread Information