Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Tyshawn Taylor

PJ will be called up next year. We had no room for him to start the season, and by the time we got room the season has turned into a lost cause. Why waste a year of his contract on a lost season? Demps is doing what's best for the team. Mabye not PJ, but this is absolutely the best move for the team.

He will be traded weather it's this or next year. He will not be extended by the team past his initial two years.
    Jrue dat

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Seriously? Who the hell this guy thinks he is, goodness me. He's not yet understood pro sports are businesses..he takes it all so personal, it's a wonder
    He's buying the hype his own people are selling him... YO MAN, YOU WERE DLEAGUE MVP, YOU DESERVE TO BE IN THE NBA NO MATTER WHAT MAN, YOU DESERVE IT AFTER BEING DLEAGUE SHOWCASE MVP MAN

I watched Tyshawn almost every game for 4 years.

He stinks and is a bonehead.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    He's buying the hype his own people are selling him... YO MAN, YOU WERE DLEAGUE MVP, YOU DESERVE TO BE IN THE NBA NO MATTER WHAT MAN, YOU DESERVE IT AFTER BEING DLEAGUE SHOWCASE MVP MAN
    NO **** DAWG YA AIN'T DLEAGUE WORTH NBA IS A GIVEN NAHMEAN?!

Yeah, he's been drinking the kool-aid

Btw how good was to see rivers jumping up and down like a snot-nosed spoiled girl last weekend? it was certainly a show

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    NO **** DAWG YA AIN'T DLEAGUE WORTH NBA IS A GIVEN NAHMEAN?!

Yeah, he's been drinking the kool-aid

Btw how good was to see rivers jumping up and down like a snot-nosed spoiled girl last weekend? it was certainly a show
    Hahaha

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    I watched Tyshawn almost every game for 4 years.

He stinks and is a bonehead.
    I remember a thread on SR.com where a Texas fan came and told everyone that Kenny Vaccaro wouldn't amount to much.

Not saying you're the same but...that's what comes to mind.

But also yeah, I kinda agree. Great athlete, but if he develops into anything it's all gravy.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Dell can tell reporters whatever he wants to. It doesn't have to be true.
    Obviously he can but my point wasnt whether he was being honest or not. I was looking at it from PJ point of view.
    This team aint wining nothing with this coach, we can make all the excuses we want. Unfortunately excuses don't win games.

Supervillains lie, people.

But man, Pierre must feel really played right now.

Here you go guys

Very curious trade. It seems as if we are just doing the Nets a favor by taking him off their roster so they can fit Teague in after the trade. I would imagine the cash is to pay the remainder of his salary. Don't see any advantage to us wasting a roster spot on him though.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Very curious trade. It seems as if we are just doing the Nets a favor by taking him off their roster so they can fit Teague in after the trade. I would imagine the cash is to pay the remainder of his salary. Don't see any advantage to us wasting a roster spot on him though.
    Might not be a waste. No telling. But seems clear that Jrue is out for a longer time than previously advertised.

I wonder if they spoke with Jeff Withey about him.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0kRHbtl...%3D0kRHbtlmtu4

Here's some bits of him having a decent games against the Clippers.

We needed another guard because we're about to trade one.

#Ipulledthatoutofmybumsodon'ttakethispostseriously

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

You might get some peoples hopes up man lol

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post

I don't know about this, but something just doesn't meet the eye here....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    He's a Decepticon!

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    While most of us on PR are down with tanking, I seriously doubt Benson and, in extension, Demps are.

Unlikely that is the last move we make before the trade deadline.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

My guess is that we are getting more than his salary to take him for the rest of the year.

He is owed about $400,000. But, if he stays on the Nets roster, he costs them an additional 2 mil in lux tax payments. Would make sense to give the Pelicans 500-750K to take him. From the Pelicans side, you are getting paid 100-250K to add this guard to your roster. Heck, you can cut him and profit if that's the case.

The pick likely isn't real. One of those top-55 protected picks that we own from the Clips or Kings probably.
    @mcnamara247

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    My guess is that we are getting more than his salary to take him for the rest of the year.

He is owed about $400,000. But, if he stays on the Nets roster, he costs them an additional 2 mil in lux tax payments. Would make sense to give the Pelicans 500-750K to take him. From the Pelicans side, you are getting paid 100-250K to add this guard to your roster. Heck, you can cut him and profit if that's the case.

The pick likely isn't real. One of those top-55 protected picks that we own from the Clips or Kings probably.
    as per usual, this makes sense....

I'm sure you are right on the pick. I cannot imagine he is a player we expect to contribute, but like you said, more of a financial deal.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    It seems like they are still trying to win, or else they would just get anyone.

You can put a 1.15 million dollar qualifying offer out there for him in the summer if you like him. But honestly, I wouldn't be shocked if he was let go before this season ends. The team is getting paid to audition a guy at a time when their starting PG is out. No harm, no foul. Better to get paid to do this than have to start the contract for Pierre Jackson.

Of course, Pierre doesn't agree with that.

I wouldn't be shocked if we cut him. He really doesn't seem like a Monty/Dell/Benson guy. He has character issues. I would prefer that he not hang around.

So we are getting another young PG while the coach actually has no trusts on young man? (Except for AD, he is the exceptional)

No clue what that sentence says, but I think that people are jumping the gun on saying we are "getting Taylor". I think there is just as good of a chance he is cut as there is that he becomes a Pelican.

Remember the Matt Carroll trade? How long did he play here?

Thread Information