Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Tyshawn Taylor

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    No, we got his rights when we dumped Jarrett Jack to make room for Lopez. His rights are what we traded to the Nets. We had to send something.
    Read it wrong lol Thank you
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    They will be charged $4.75 for ever dollar over (1.9 mil) plus the $400,000 he was still owed = 2.3 mil
    Isn't their luxury tax savings calculated on his entire salary?

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Isn't their luxury tax savings calculated on his entire salary?
    Nope.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

That's not what Larry Coon says:

The following are not included in team salaries:
    •The full season salary of any players the team trades away in midseason trades.
    When determining the amount of tax a team owes, the league uses its team salary (see question number 14) on the date of its last regular season game (i.e., if a player is traded away before the end of the season, then none of his salary is taxed)

Then the savings would be nearly four million. Either way, we saved them a ton of money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    @mcnamara247

Then the savings would be nearly four million. Either way, we saved them a ton of money

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Agreed. Not trying to play "gotcha,"...was going off memory initially, then pulled up the FAQ after the eloquent rebuttal from BSH. Just making sure I wasn't missing anything in my interpretation.

MM, out of curiosity since you're exposed to the circles more, do you think other teams hate it when teams do stuff like this? That luxury tax money gets spread among the other 29 teams right? That's 130-140k per team.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Not really, every player WANTS it. He seems so entitled its ridiculous. How many other 2nd round picks playing in d-league feel disrespected for not being called up. That word, "disrespected", gets thrown around so much these days
    You would think, in order for one to be "disrespected", that one would have had to "earn" some measure of respect prior to the said "disrespect" taking place.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    You would think, in order for one to be "disrespected", that one would have had to "earn" some measure of respect prior to the said "disrespect" taking place.
    Amen. Congrats on winning Dleague showcase MVP... That's like me bragging about beating my elementary school kids in a 1-on-5 basketball game

Based on Monty's comments in the paper this morning, I go back to my original thought that he may not play for the Pelicans.

Monty:

“It’s hard to say right now” what role Taylor will play, Williams said before the game. “The next couple of days I’ll have more to talk about as far as that trade is concerned, once I get more information. We’ll get more information, if there is a role to be played.”

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Seems like he really had no clue that the trade was even going to happen.

I guess I'm one of few that interested in seeing what this guys got I think he can be good . Whithey had a lot of good things to say about him I'm excited to see him play .

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Seems like he really had no clue that the trade was even going to happen.
    Perhaps he didn't. Maybe this trade was just to prime the pump for a bigger deal closer to the deadline. The Pels biggest trade asset being Gordon but I don't think the Nets would be interested in him, but maybe in a 3-way where we get Paul P's expiring 15+ million. Just speculating

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    But before Tuesday night's game against the Sacramento Kings, Pelicans coach Monty Williams appeared unsure about what Taylor's role would be with the team. With an expiring contract, the Pelicans could have other plans for Taylor that could include buying out the remaining portion of his contract that's roughly about $400,000. New Orleans Times-Picayune

Taylor > Rivers or Roberts at PG

The Franchise
    We hardly knew you Tyshawn - waived
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Thank you Tyshawn, not once did you turn the ball over during your tenure.

I thought this kid might be good when he was coming out of college. His Kansas teams always did well and he was the floor general. Never saw him play after college.

Thread Information