Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: So Let's Say We DO Keep Our Pick

Here is a recent write up on Rodney Hood:

Rodney Hood opened up conference play on a tear—he rattled off back-to-back 27-point games against Notre Dame and Georgia Tech and went for 20 in a loss to Clemson.

He's been lights-out from downtown with that sharpshooting lefty stroke, and he is now at 46.8 percent on the year.

With the ability to take his man off the dribble, score in the post or spot up off the ball, Hood is a serious offensive weapon as a 6'8'' wing.

Sounds like a perfect fit for us, and they dont even mention how athletic and good of a defender he is. I'm ok with getting the 5th overall pick now if we in fact do, I'd be more than happy with this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post

Rodney Hood opened up conference play on a tear—he rattled off back-to-back 27-point games against Notre Dame and Georgia Tech and went for 20 in a loss to Clemson.

He's been lights-out from downtown with that sharpshooting lefty stroke, and he is now at 46.8 percent on the year.

With the ability to take his man off the dribble, score in the post or spot up off the ball, Hood is a serious offensive weapon as a 6'8'' wing.

Sounds like a perfect fit for us, and they dont even mention how athletic and good of a defender he is. I'm ok with getting the 5th overall pick now if we in fact do, I'd be more than happy with this guy.
    I would take him 5th also but trade down. There is better talent before him so why not double up.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I would take him 5th also but trade down. There is better talent before him so why not double up.
    I'm not sure I understand everything l know about this post.....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I'm not sure I understand everything l know about this post.....
    Hood would be a great pick for us but 5th is too high to draft him there is better talent. In drafts you draft for talent not for need so u can make a trade to draft down and get Hood plus another asset.

I honestly want embiid more then anyone right now and it's not even close.

A Davis/Embiid tandem has the makings of being one of the all time greatest tandems in history if both live up to even 75% of their potential.

I mean so could Wiggins and Davis but in this era having such an athletic and both offensively and defensively talented front court would be almost unfair in about 3 years. Put a solid core of role players and one other all star level scorer around those two and I'm not sure there is any team that could compete. I bet even Monty could chip with that team.

The thought alone just gets me pumped up.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I don't know how high up this kid will go, but a player we need to keep an eye on is Kyle Anderson (No relation to Ryan lol), he is having a great season so far. 6'9 230lbs

averages: 15.5pts 8.9reb 6.6asst 1.8stl 0.8blk

He is shooting 52% from the field and 53% from 3!

Trade down and get Doug McDermott. Hes a monster.

...we get to go McDonalds
    Maybe I'm watching a different Andrew Wiggins than the rest of you, but I just don't see the want to create his own shot. He pretty much defends, runs the floor, and can hit a 3. He has the ability to do everything, but aggression isn't one of his strong suits. I just can't see anyone watching Kansas basketball and making the determination that Wiggins is a better player than Embiid. If I could make a bet now that Wiggins will not be the rookie of the year next year, I'd put alot of $$$ on it. There is no "give me the ball, I'm winning this" with him.

He's 18 years old, and the tools are clearly there. But in this draft, I'm not sure he should even be in the conversation for #1 overall. Parker & Embiid are the clear cut 1 and 2 right now, in no particular order. And for the record, he should stay in college for another season; he needs the experience of running his own team. In the long run, it is clearly what's best for him.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I don't know how high up this kid will go, but a player we need to keep an eye on is Kyle Anderson (No relation to Ryan lol), he is having a great season so far. 6'9 230lbs

averages: 15.5pts 8.9reb 6.6asst 1.8stl 0.8blk

He is shooting 52% from the field and 53% from 3!
    ya the kid from ucla, he always had an awesome offensive game but his defense is just god awful because he is soooo slow.

Quote Originally Posted by Primetime View Post
    Maybe I'm watching a different Andrew Wiggins than the rest of you, but I just don't see the want to create his own shot. He pretty much defends, runs the floor, and can hit a 3. He has the ability to do everything, but aggression isn't one of his strong suits. I just can't see anyone watching Kansas basketball and making the determination that Wiggins is a better player than Embiid. If I could make a bet now that Wiggins will not be the rookie of the year next year, I'd put alot of $$$ on it. There is no "give me the ball, I'm winning this" with him.

He's 18 years old, and the tools are clearly there. But in this draft, I'm not sure he should even be in the conversation for #1 overall. Parker & Embiid are the clear cut 1 and 2 right now, in no particular order. And for the record, he should stay in college for another season; he needs the experience of running his own team. In the long run, it is clearly what's best for him.
    CAREFUL! I said parker was better than wiggins earlier in the year and was said to be a fool.

ya the kid from ucla, he always had an awesome offensive game but his defense is just god awful because he is soooo slow.
    Yeah ucla, I wouldn't say he's sooo slow. I'd just say he's a more athletic Melo IMO. Not going to shut down Lebron or something but he's coach-able.

CAREFUL! I said parker was better than wiggins earlier in the year and was said to be a fool.
    Call me a fool all you guys want, I'd take Parker over Wiggins (as of today)

Actually, you claimed to have said you called this when they were in high school (after Parker's first game versus Wiggins) and you were called out to prove it. there were multiple post showing that you wanted Wiggins first but you still denied it so then you reverted to saying you were trolling. Good day.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Watch out for this guy....he is more efficient than Parker, could be an option for us.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by xVikingx View Post
    I'd love him. He's Ryno 2.0 with a better overall game.
    Wherehappens.

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I agree with the 2.0 part, but 2 Ryno's don't make a right. No seriously, I don't think it would be beneficial to have 2 Ryno's on the same team.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    I'd rather trade Ryno for an extra pick to get him than trade down and have two of him.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Actually, you claimed to have said you called this when they were in high school (after Parker's first game versus Wiggins) and you were called out to prove it. there were multiple post showing that you wanted Wiggins first but you still denied it so then you reverted to saying you were trolling. Good day.
    GOT EM!!!!!! I was a witness to this as well.

can u show me the post where i said i claimed this when they were in high school?

dont think i ever said high school, i think i said i thought parker was better than wiggins before they caleed against each other.

Also regardless of when i said it I think i remmeber u saying that wiggins is the much better player and it wasn't even close, u still believe this?

Quote Originally Posted by xVikingx View Post
    I don't really see the comparison between the two. I think McDermott is more similar to a less athletic Paul Pierce with a better jump shot.

can u show me the post where i said i claimed this when they were in high school?
    Im about 99% sure u said u called this when they were still in high school when someone came at you n said something along the lines of yea nice prediction now that they've played each other. Not quoting but it was something really close to that. I def remember the convo happening tho. Maybe I'm wrong? Idk

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I don't really see the comparison between the two. I think McDermott is more similar to a less athletic Paul Pierce with a better jump shot.
    Their white? They can shoot the 3?

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Im about 99% sure u said u called this when they were still in high school when someone came at you n said something along the lines of yea nice prediction now that they've played each other. Not quoting but it was something really close to that. I def remember the convo happening tho. Maybe I'm wrong? Idk
    i believe u but i dont think i ever said the word high school. someone's gotta show me.

Thread Information