Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: So Let's Say We DO Keep Our Pick

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    C'mon man just stop with that lol. Gordon gonna be a bench player his entire career?? 1 year removed from high school. Tearing it up in the next step up in competition and that's your projection? Little premature for that I think. This dude is way better than mcadoo. Not even close.
    not bashing u at all, but i think zack levine will be better than exum, and i like exum, he is silky smooth and quick as hell, but his best trait is getting to the rim and he has a great layup but i dont see him as a SG in the nba, pg? sure, but we have enough of those

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    not bashing u at all, but i think zack levine will be better than exum, and i like exum, he is silky smooth and quick as hell, but his best trait is getting to the rim and he has a great layup but i dont see him as a SG in the nba, pg? sure, but we have enough of those
    Nah I guess we will just have to disagree on that. He needs to work on his jumpshot sure. So do all these top guys coming out next year. Exum can finish from all angles. Not just a lay up. His lateral quickness is off the charts and his length is a weapon. He will be a terror on the defensive end and can guard multiple positions. He can post guys up and create serious mismatches. He's a facilitator as he is a scorer. He can stroke it from outside when needed. Def needs work tho but all prospects do. Including wiggins,Parker etc. I'd actually like to see exum go college 1 year cause he's considering LSU but don't think it's happening. Exum is a penny hardaway clone. The way he finishes at the rim reminds of Jordan big time. I'm not saying he's mj so miss me with all the crazy responses coming my way lol. He finishes in the same fashion tho. He can take contact and stretch out and make crazy shots like other guys just can't. I've seen Levine play a little bit and he's nice. He's no exum tho IMO. You don't have to say your not bashing me bro. Lol. We are all allowed to have our own opinions on here. Haha

Nah I guess we will just have to disagree on that. He needs to work on his jumpshot sure. So do all these top guys coming out next year. Exum can finish from all angles. Not just a lay up. His lateral quickness is off the charts and his length is a weapon. He will be a terror on the defensive end and can guard multiple positions. He can post guys up and create serious mismatches. He's a facilitator as he is a scorer. He can stroke it from outside when needed. Def needs work tho but all prospects do. Including wiggins,Parker etc. I'd actually like to see exum go college 1 year cause he's considering LSU but don't think it's happening. Exum is a penny hardaway clone. The way he finishes at the rim reminds of Jordan big time. I'm not saying he's mj so miss me with all the crazy responses coming my way lol. He finishes in the same fashion tho. He can take contact and stretch out and make crazy shots like other guys just can't. I've seen Levine play a little bit and he's nice. He's no exum tho IMO. You don't have to say your not bashing me bro. Lol. We are all allowed to have our own opinions on here. Haha
    lol i hear ya

lol i hear ya
    The good thing is we will know the answers to all these projections. That's the cool thing.

The good thing is we will know the answers to all these projections. That's the cool thing.
    i just hope we get a top 3 pick, omg this team with wiggins, parker or embiid? watch out

I see Exum as a guy like Harden at the two in respect that he can get to the rim and he's a great passer. When you throw in all the scorers we already have, a guy who willingly passes isn't a bad thing imho. Also add to the fact that he can be a guy to start and let Reke come in and clean up is a huge plus to me.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I'm not convinced that Holiday is the answer at PG and there's a reason that the 76ers didn't bother to keep him

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    I'm not convinced that Holiday is the answer at PG and there's a reason that the 76ers didn't bother to keep him
    and what reason is that?

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    and what reason is that?
    he's not a franchise PG like CP3

not many are

Can you name 5 PGs like CP3 playing right now? NO you can't. Looking for a CP3 clone is pointless. It doesn't exist.

Can you name 5 PGs like CP3 playing right now? NO you can't. Looking for a CP3 clone is pointless. It doesn't exist.
    But but....Michael-Carter Williams is the next GOAT \sarcasm
    Jrue dat

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Cliff Paul.

I would never draft an Aussie in the top 10. I think he'll be a bust, a slightly quicker version of Vasquez with a worse jumpshot.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ADisreal View Post
    I would never draft an Aussie in the top 10. I think he'll be a bust, a slightly quicker version of Vasquez with a worse jumpshot.
    to each his own, but the opening part of this post might be the silliest thing I have heard around here in a long time.... and that says quite a bit....
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I see Exum as a guy like Harden at the two in respect that he can get to the rim and he's a great passer. When you throw in all the scorers we already have, a guy who willingly passes isn't a bad thing imho. Also add to the fact that he can be a guy to start and let Reke come in and clean up is a huge plus to me.
    With Reke on this team I'd prefer a wing who can shoot, and that's his biggest downfall.

Still really like Exum though, he's really dynamic and seems to have defensive potential as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    With Reke on this team I'd prefer a wing who can shoot, and that's his biggest downfall.

Still really like Exum though, he's really dynamic and seems to have defensive potential as well.
    this, james young would be very nice, but im still hoping for top 3

...we get to go McDonalds
    I'm watching Kansas vs. Oklahoma State, and I'm not sure Wiggins has played a minute. From what I've seen this year, there's a clear top 5 (in no specific order):

Parker
    Wiggins
    Randle
    Embiid
    Smart

Both Embiid and Smart are guys I'd like to have. But at the end of the day, I just get the feeling that this class is a bit overrated. No one seems to have the entire package. The closest I think is Parker, but I'm never left feeling like I'm watching a top caliber athlete with him. Embiid looks the part, but it's just so hard to tell with bigs.

To answer the question: I take Julius Randle

23 is the number for the past 10 years a team with 23 wins has been in the top 5

In 20 years, it won't be close. Class of 2012 >>>>>>>> Class of 2014.

The hype was such a joke.

That said, of course I want to keep the pick if possible. Always nice to have an extra asset.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    In 20 years, it won't be close. Class of 2012 >>>>>>>> Class of 2014.

The hype was such a joke.

That said, of course I want to keep the pick if possible. Always nice to have an extra asset.
    it is worth mentioning that a couple of those guys in the 2012 draft really outperformed draft expectations from most people(mainly Lillard and Drummond)...the 2014 draft class hasn't had that chance yet

I know one thing Smart and Parker are the two sure things and will battle for ROY but are also closest to their ceilings.

Either has 2013, 2015, etc. I get that. But that is my prediction after watching these guys closely this year. My jaw dropped when I saw AD in college. Beal was pure as can be. Drummond, an athletic freak, etc.

I look at this class, and I think Parker will be better than Barnes, but no more than a fringe All-Star. I think Wiggins falls somewhere between Jason Richardson and T-Mac. And I think Embiid is the only one who has a chance to be an all-time great. But its a small chance.

The guys projected to go between 6 and 14 are solid starters at best, likely role players in my eyes. I like a few, but no more than I liked a guy like John Henson coming out of college.

It will be a solid draft, but 2012 will go down as the best one since Lebron's IMO.

...we get to go McDonalds
    I enjoy watching Smart. Even when he's not scoring, he's helping his team. I'm not sure he'll be a take-the-game-over type of PG, but he's got so many things going for him:

He is athletic
    He is huge for his position
    He goes hard
    He plays defense
    He rebounds
    He is always around the ball
    He looks over his teammates
    He seems to have it between the ears
    He stayed in school when all logic said to jump to the NBA
    He plays with emotion

If we didn't have Holiday, I'd say he's clearly a guy we'd want, but we have no need for him.

Thread Information