Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: So Let's Say We DO Keep Our Pick

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Absolutely. Glad someone sees this other than me. I think exum could play with holiday tho. I like holiday off the ball more. He has the size to play sg. Can someone get his stats on playing pg vs off the ball? It'd be interesting. Exum tho?? Man I'm telling u he may wind up best player from this draft. Kid is a straight Baller and a true point that can do it all and I mean ALL!!! I'd love to have him.
    Exum is the X factor IMO. Judging guys playing in different leagues other than NCAA or NBA gets a little tricky for me.

This class is special when you can have so many players that draw these kind of future projections. I think what we are experiencing now is 'hype fatigue' stage in the classic cycle of building prospects up just to knock them down that the media plays. 1st the media hypes everything up to virtually impossible expectations than attacks those player when they don't immediately live up to the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Exum is the X factor IMO. Judging guys playing in different leagues other than NCAA or NBA gets a little tricky for me.

This class is special when you can have so many players that draw these kind of future projections. I think what we are experiencing now is 'hype fatigue' stage in the classic cycle of building prospects up just to knock them down that the media plays. 1st the media hypes everything up to virtually impossible expectations than attacks those player when they don't immediately live up to the hype.
    Yea I hear ya. I only see 3 maybe 4 guys that are possibly all star type players. Wiggins, Parker, exum, and then I think Gordon has the potential to be up there one day. Emblid (I'm not to sure of)..randle I think he'll be solid just not all star talent. Same thing with smart.

You go BPA, in this case the answer would be julius randle no question, big, strong, athletic PF with a jumper and post game

Dell was high on saric last year. Does he reach for him at 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Shelbywmccarty View Post
    Dell was high on saric last year. Does he reach for him at 4?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    last year's draft? maybe, this year? no way, he would just trade down like 6 or 7 spots and then take him

Trade holiday to go with exum? Sure, why not trade davis to get embiid

I think we draft Randle and move Davis to C like everyone has been claiming the plan is. I would love Smart but unless we trade away some Of our Guards that will just confuse Monty more so we need bigs flat out.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    You go BPA, in this case the answer would be julius randle no question, big, strong, athletic PF with a jumper and post game
    I hate tweeners him and Aaron Gordon

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I hate tweeners him and Aaron Gordon
    Gordon is just like James Michael McAdoo. Size of a SF and has the athletic ability to play the 3 but not the shot. He is not a top 10 pick he'll be a bench player his whole career. Randle is a 4 all day though.

Quote Originally Posted by brentmd2 View Post
    Gordon is just like James Michael McAdoo. Size of a SF and has the athletic ability to play the 3 but not the shot. He is not a top 10 pick he'll be a bench player his whole career. Randle is a 4 all day though.
    What turns me off about Randle he may have the skill but he's undersized the say he's 6"9 but most like ^6'7.75 also he has short arms.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo_Daggs View Post
    I thank God every day that some ppl on this forum aren't GMs lmao WOW
    and yet, we seem to be a lottery team on a yearly basis with the so called guys who know what they are doing. go figure

Most people on this board wouldn't trade Ryno for Lebron or Durant but they would give Gordon away for a bag of peanuts .

Dream Scenario:
    Draft Embiid
    Trade Gordon and Aminu for MKG and Ben Gordon's expiring
    Call up Pierre Jackson

Holiday/Jackson
    Rivers/Evans
    MKG/Miller
    Davis/Anderson
    Embiid/Smith

Talk about youth. 4 of our starters are 22 or younger. Holiday is only 24. Perfect Mix of offense and defense. Deadly in transition. Our bench would make a case for being the highest scoring bench in the league. I really, really like this lineup. Also remember that we now have the cap space to lock up Davis, Rivers, and MKG long term.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    What turns me off about Randle he may have the skill but he's undersized the say he's 6"9 but most like ^6'7.75 also he has short arms.
    We'll we will find all that out in Chicago for the combine or whatever they call it. I think he has a little Michael Beasley in him(not mentally) which makes me think he can't hack it in the League.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackmarzullo View Post
    Dream Scenario:
    Draft Embiid
    Call up Pierre Jackson

Holiday/Jackson
    Rivers/Evans
    MKG/Miller
    Davis/Anderson
    Embiid/Smith

Talk about youth. 4 of our starters are 22 or younger. Holiday is only 24. Perfect Mix of offense and defense. Deadly in transition. Our bench would make a case for being the highest scoring bench in the league. I really, really like this lineup. Also remember that we now have the cap space to lock up Davis, Rivers, and MKG long term.
    Love it...sign me up

I think we draft Randle and move Davis to C like everyone has been claiming the plan is. I would love Smart but unless we trade away some Of our Guards that will just confuse Monty more so we need bigs flat out.
    i also think this is what would happen

Randle is a powerful scorer and rebounder, which is nice.

But it would require playing Davis at C more, which I'm not sure is the best course of action. And I worry about Randle defensively.

I suppose he would be a Zach Randolph ideally, which is a nice player. I'd probably take him if we were out of the top 3 and Exum was gone.

I would be a fan of trading down and drafting James Young. Ideal fit for this team IMO. Could move down 8-10 spots and get him while picking up someone else to help. Moving down in this draft could net you either a good player or maybe another pick in this draft. Phoenix should have two picks between 10 and 16 for instance.

If I have to pick a player at that spot and those three are gone, I go Marcus Smart. I think Gordon is gone one way or the other, and I think Smart can effect the game w/o the ball in his hands (in addition to greatly effecting it when the ball is in his hands). Then, hopefully, with the Gordon money you have filled out the rest of the roster.
    @mcnamara247

I would say Randle would be the only player we would draft outside The top 3 who would fit our current roster. Pray we get top 3.

no problem with james young, 6"6 left handed SG with a perfect jumper, also very athletic and unselfish

if u can get a SF for gordon young would be the ideal SG to start and have tyreke come off the bench, i like it

Randle looks nice, attacking off the dribble, in the post.

He even just hit a three.

I like Exum a lot.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    Yea I totally misunderstood this entire thread. I thought u put it at worse possible draft spot for us at 5. That's why I said exum. I actually might take him anyways at 4. Dude is 6'6 and is a scoring machine and an excellent defender. I'm telling u he's being sold short on this board. If he was over here in the states he'd be a legit threat to go #1. Just remember who told u so lol.dante exum. Remember the name. Anyways like someone else said on here about randle. I've heard from several outlets that randle is right under 6'8 as well. Very short arms too. I like MM idea as well. Trade down for an extra pick and take James young. Like it a lot.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Jackmarzullo View Post
    Dream Scenario:
    Draft Embiid
    Call up Pierre Jackson

Holiday/Jackson
    Rivers/Evans
    MKG/Miller
    Davis/Anderson
    Embiid/Smith

I'd love this and we'd still have 10-11 million in cap space for another player or 2.

C'mon man just stop with that lol. Gordon gonna be a bench player his entire career?? 1 year removed from high school. Tearing it up in the next step up in competition and that's your projection? Little premature for that I think. This dude is way better than mcadoo. Not even close.

Thread Information