Pelicans Report

Thread: I'm at the edge

I'm at the edge

I can't take this coaching any more, He went full Monty tonight and you never go full Monty.

let him coach his way to getting our pick back.

if we end up between 6-8 this year it may just be the tipping point. he's known to win meaningless games at the end of the year because of "pride" and the way the game should be played but i don't see any way he's year next year unless he gets a top 5 pick and even then his job is in jeopardy

Yall act like you've never seen a lost season before

Opposing fans are starting to comment on how bad Monty is. Finally feels like the bubble's burst on him, nationally, and hopefully the FO can no longer delude themselves into thinking he's the answer.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    Opposing fans are starting to comment on how bad Monty is. Finally feels like the bubble's burst on him, nationally, and hopefully the FO can no longer delude themselves into thinking he's the answer.
    He's Keith Smart part II.

Quote Originally Posted by Sovereign View Post
    Yall act like you've never seen a lost season before
    It's not the lost I care about we've had plenty of losses I didn't care about. But when u see coaching this horrible it's hard to swallow.

1. Keeping playing and starting Greg Stiemsma a guy who doesn't want to play give 0 effort and producing nothing on court
    2. See you're players not playing well and just watches them any other coach would call them out.
    3. Watches a 20 point lead doesn't call time out soon as we score back to back baskets the kings coaches call the time out.
    4. B-rob plays more min than tyreke against his former team
    5. Bench the players who got you back in the game and play players who have no effort
    6. Withey a player who has shown promise all season struggles to get min and is keeping us in game yet still not wanting to play him
    7. Develops a 28 y/o shorter with no D over the 21 y/o who the team drafted and who shows improvement out playing the 28 y/o

this was a lot to handle in this game I was sure this was a win. The Kings didn't even play that good this team just didn't care.

where?

It'll all be worth it when we get those ping pong balls, bro.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    where?
    The only other NBA site I go to is RealGM, and I notice more and more fans of other teams occasionally mention how bad he is...Not to mention comments from friends and coworkers, but they don't follow the NBA enough for me to respect their opinions, as I suspect they just parrot back what I say.
    Last edited by Hercule; 01-21-2014 at 11:35 PM.

The real kicker will be if the national media turns on him. It seems the general impression that he's a decent coach still lingers. Though one of his greatest proponents, Matt Moore, recently said something about it being better for the team and Monty if he goes elsewhere.

The real kicker will be if the national media turns on him. It seems the general impression that he's a decent coach still lingers. Though one of his greatest proponents, Matt Moore, recently said something about it being better for the team and Monty if he goes elsewhere.
    I seen that one he was a big fan of this team in the beginning of the season and seen how they under preformed under him. Zach Lowe also made a comment about him.

There is evidence to suggest he’s a positive amid a larger defensive train wreck. Opponents have hit only 45 percent of close shots when Davis is near the ball and the basket, per those data-tracking cameras, an above-average mark. He blocks a higher percentage of opponents’ shots than any player in the league; his arms should count as an extra player. The Pelicans’ rebounding falls apart without Davis on the floor, per NBA.com. Basically: There is scattered evidence suggesting that the Pellies’ awful defense has more to do with Monty Williams’s aggressive schemes, and the limitations of the Brow’s teammates, than with the Brow.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    ...of glory?

This team is not a playoff team for sure but no way we will end up in the top five just don't see it happening to much luck would have to be in play and luck is not on our side this year

Quote Originally Posted by SilkySlim View Post
    He's Keith Smart part II.

I was thinking more of

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    I was thinking more of

Nope. We don't have Eddy Curry yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    This team is not a playoff team for sure but no way we will end up in the top five just don't see it happening to much luck would have to be in play and luck is not on our side this year
    Luck has nothing to do with it. Mathematics and variance only. If I'm interpreting this right: If we get the 3rd worst seed, we get pick 1-5 96% of the time. If we get the 4th worst seed we get pick 1-5 82.8%. 55.6% to get top 5 if we have 5th worst record.

We're 1-9 in our last 10 games. Utah is 5-5 and Philadelphia is 3-7. Orlando and Milwaukee are also 1-9 in last 10 games. We look to be on pace to finish with the 3rd worst record.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 01-22-2014 at 03:13 AM.

My question is, When do we get to the point where we don't go into tank/ping-pong ball mode as soon as a player gets injured? Injuries happen (al as, usually not to 3 of your top players) but my point being where are the guys that can step up and steel a game or two? I'd just like to finally get to that place where I can root for the team and not the draft order. Another thing is how soon do we start worrying about Davis going the route of CP3. Tired of watching an orginization spin it's wheels and start thinking he's wasting his time here.

Quote Originally Posted by Davisistheman View Post
    My question is, When do we get to the point where we don't go into tank/ping-pong ball mode as soon as a player gets injured? Injuries happen (al as, usually not to 3 of your top players) but my point being where are the guys that can step up and steel a game or two? I'd just like to finally get to that place where I can root for the team and not the draft order. Another thing is how soon do we start worrying about Davis going the route of CP3. Tired of watching an orginization spin it's wheels and start thinking he's wasting his time here.
    We as fans go into tank mode but who says the players are? Rest assured they are trying to win every game but the coaching and the injuries will not put them in a position to win many. I wouldn't mind if the team intentionally tried to lose games but they won't. It will stop next year as our players all get a year older and if we can stay relatively healthy with our most important players we won't have a miserable season like this again.

What really sucks is that we don't have a bad team anymore. We have enough talented players on this team to compete for a playoff spot. Even with Smith, Jrue, and Ryno out we should still be competitive with Evans, AD, and Gordon still playing. The problem is that there is a huge lack of coaching that doesn't put the players in a position to use their strengths along with a lack of rotations. I think Dell set up a solid core of talented players to put Monty in a position to succeed but he's not using it.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDawg26 View Post
    What really sucks is that we don't have a bad team anymore. We have enough talented players on this team to compete for a playoff spot. Even with Smith, Jrue, and Ryno out we should still be competitive with Evans, AD, and Gordon still playing. The problem is that there is a huge lack of coaching that doesn't put the players in a position to use their strengths along with a lack of rotations. I think Dell set up a solid core of talented players to put Monty in a position to succeed but he's not using it.
    Starting Brian Roberts and bringing Tyreke Evans for 26 minutes a game off the bench is pretty hilarious unless you're tanking.

If Monty was worth his money he would say that he is going to use the remainder of the season to develop the younger players Withey and Rivers and start them both or play them big minutes.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 01-22-2014 at 11:52 PM.

Thread Information