Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: So Let's Say We DO Keep Our Pick

So Let's Say We DO Keep Our Pick

But it ends up being the 4th overall pick and wiggins, parker and embiid are all gone, who would u take?

Julius Randle?

Trade down or out for a veteran 3/5 and/or future pick(s).

Really want Parker though. He would be an amazing fit on our team.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Gotta go with BPA, regardless of position. But with Dell's history, he may just sell it to the highest bidder. Or, trade down a few spots and pick up a few assets and then select Saric. I'm pretty sure he'd have several good options to choose from.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Worst case scenario pretty much. All the best players after the top 3 are guards and undersized bigs. Randle, Smart, Exum, the guy from UCLA. That or inferior but maybe potentially good guys like Glenn Robinson the dude from Syracuse, Young from Kentucky?

Would you guys be interested in trading the pick if it lands 1-3 and Gordon for either Marc Gasol or Noah?

or the pick and Ryno for Cousins?

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post
    Would you guys be interested in trading the pick if it lands 1-3 and Gordon for either Marc Gasol or Noah?

HELLLLLL no

What about this scenario: We end up with the 2nd pick and Toronto offers Valanciunas, Terrence Ross and their 1st round pick for the right to select Wiggins (who reportedly wants to play in Toronto) this assumes someone takes Embiid with the 1st pick, or do you take Wiggins for yourself or do you go with Parker?

Is that Toronto offer even feasible?
    Last edited by Tomdda; 01-17-2014 at 11:39 PM.

I have this weirdest feeling that Smart will be the best from this year. I can see Parker being a role player. And
    Wiggins being Gerald Green. Emiid will not live up to the hype.

Don't trash me
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Quote Originally Posted by PelicanFever View Post

From the Kings perspective, there's no way they trade Cousins away for Ryno and the Pick. Cousins is proving that he's a top 3 big in the league, along with Davis and either Drummond or Howard. If you guys could somehow trade the pick and Gordon for Noah and either the Charlotte pick or their own pick and grab CJ Fair from Syracuse. I've seen a lot of Cuse games and he's going to have a good future in the NBA. Good defender, improved his jumpshot and can actually shoot the 3 a bit and at 6'8", he has great size at the wing position.

A starting and bench lineup of:
    Holiday/Roberts/Jackson
    Evans/Rivers/Morrow
    Anderson/Fair/Miller
    Davis/Smith/Steisma
    Noah/Ajinca/Steisma

The weak spot would be playing Anderson at the 3, but that lineup has great balance on offense and can be downright nasty on the defensive end.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    It's a fair question, I just personally don't want to even think about it at this point. Not because I think we will have a salvageable season, but because I'm not sure we will keep our pick yet. Fingers crossed, win-always people be damned! Tank on!!

Dante Exum, not convince Holiday is the answer at PG
    Last edited by rebelman; 01-18-2014 at 12:19 AM.

If that pick is 1-3, we's be fools to trade it, short of anything less than a goldmine of talent/picks. If it was at 4, I'd explore trading down, but I doubt we could really fleece anybody like teams could in years past. First round picks are a prized commodity, and I don't know if anyone's going to be that in love with Exum, Smart, etc. We might just have to hang tight and take Randle, which wouldn't be so surprising, if the FO is determined to make AD the eventual 5.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    I have this weirdest feeling that Smart will be the best from this year. I can see Parker being a role player. And
    Wiggins being Gerald Green. Emiid will not live up to the hype.

Don't trash me
    Hey, everyone's entitled to their own opinions. I just truly believe wiggins will undeniably be an all star one day. There's no denying this kids talent. It's thru the roof. If he wound up a Gerald green. I believe it'd be the biggest bust in nba history.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    Dante Exum, not convince Holiday is the answer at PG
    Absolutely. Glad someone sees this other than me. I think exum could play with holiday tho. I like holiday off the ball more. He has the size to play sg. Can someone get his stats on playing pg vs off the ball? It'd be interesting. Exum tho?? Man I'm telling u he may wind up best player from this draft. Kid is a straight Baller and a true point that can do it all and I mean ALL!!! I'd love to have him.

If we draft a PG with glaring holes at the 3 and 5, I have no hope for this franchise. Taking BPA only goes so far, unless we can pull out a trade.

Thank goodness some of y'all aren't our GM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    If we draft a PG with glaring holes at the 3 and 5, I have no hope for this franchise. Taking BPA only goes so far, unless we can pull out a trade.

Thank goodness some of y'all aren't our GM.
    Are u up on this kids game? Exum? You go bpa over need any day of the week. You then trade holiday which would be very easy IMO. That frees up the cap space to the sign a 3/5 and other players as well. You don't reach on a guy that is the 10th best player at the 5th spot just cause u need that position filled. That's a big time no no. I think that's a well known fact. Yes in the nba gm world. And yes if draft 5th then barring a miracle the top 3-4 guys r gone which are the 3's and the 1-5. The next best players are all pg and undersized pf's.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 01-18-2014 at 12:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Are u up on this kids game? Exum? You go bpa over need any day of the week. You then trade holiday which would be very easy IMO. That frees up the cap space to the sign a 3/5 and other players as well. You don't reach on a guy that is the 10th best player at the 5th spot just cause u need that position filled. That's a big time no no. I think that's a well known fact. Yes in the nba gm world. And yes if draft 5th then barring a miracle the top 3-4 guys r gone which are the 3's and the 1-5. The next best players are all pg and undersized pf's.
    Who do you trade Holiday to, and for what? Assuming we could just pull a good trade for him out of our *** whenever we needed to is quite optimistic.

And I've watched Exum's DraftExpress videos and his highlights, just like the rest of the amateur GMs here, and he looks like a SG to me. Now if we trade Gordon and he's there, sure. THough that leaves us with Tyreke coming off the bench still, for those who want him to start. And Evans would be difficult to trade.

My main point is, why on Earth would you trade a very good starting PG who is still young for another rookie PG who may or may not be better? Especially when you have MAJOR positions of need elsewhere? You'd have to think that Exum would be a huge upgrade, and I don't know if he is.

And yes, the common logic is always go BPA, but when said BPA isn't that much better than the people behind him, that fill positions of need for us? Then you have to rethink it.

And Julius Randle is 6'9". How is that undersized for a PF, by any stretch?

Quote Originally Posted by Hercule View Post
    Who do you trade Holiday to, and for what? Assuming we could just pull a good trade for him out of our *** whenever we needed to is quite optimistic.

And I've watched Exum's DraftExpress videos and his highlights, just like the rest of the amateur GMs here, and he looks like a SG to me. Now if we trade Gordon and he's there, sure. THough that leaves us with Tyreke coming off the bench still, for those who want him to start. And Evans would be difficult to trade.

My main point is, why on Earth would you trade a very good starting PG who is still young for another rookie PG who may or may not be better? Especially when you have MAJOR positions of need elsewhere? You'd have to think that Exum would be a huge upgrade, and I don't know if he is.

And yes, the common logic is always go BPA, but when said BPA isn't that much better than the people behind him, that fill positions of need for us? Then you have to rethink it.

And Julius Randle is 6'9". How is that undersized for a PF, by any stretch?
    The idea is that randle isn't there at 5. I seriously doubt 4 players go before him. I take randle all day at 5 tho. Exum doesn't need to be a huge upgrade. Even if he is even level then you have a guy on a rookie deal. I'm not into all those trade fantasies but I know dam well IF we wanted to trade holiday. We could get good value back easily. That's a given. If we couldn't trade a player for good value that we gave up 2 1st rd picks for then he isn't worth a crap anyways but I know better. So it's not an issue. What 3s or 5s do u claim to be worth the 5th pick over exum? That is realistically there at 5. Also, Evans can keep coming off the bench. I don't want him starting. His lack of a jump shot scares the hell out of me.
    Last edited by kclaboy504; 01-18-2014 at 02:40 AM.

I thank God every day that some ppl on this forum aren't GMs lmao WOW

I'll trade Jrue to get exum a 6'6 pg with speed skill and can create an offence is something you can't pass up. You can trade him to the Bucks, Kings, Magic, or Pistons. You have to go for talent not for fit hats how you miss out in the draft.

6'6 Pg
    6'6 Sg
    6'9 Sf
    6'10 pf
    PNR would e useless to attempt vs this team with every player able to guard multiple positions
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 01-18-2014 at 02:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I'll trade Jrue to get exum a 6'6 pg with speed skill and can create an offence is something you can't pass up. You can trade him to the Bucks, Kings, Magic, or Pistons. You have to go for talent not for fit hats how you miss out in the draft.

6'6 Pg
    6'6 Sg
    6'9 Sf
    6'10 pf
    PNR would e useless to attempt vs this team with every player able to guard multiple positions
    Exactly. I guarantee u ones speaking on it haven't even seen the dude play. I'd actually make a very large wager that exum exceeds holiday in being the better player overall. Dude just has IT. He's a beast and I don't go around calling every player that like some ppl (guru) lol. I wouldn't be surprised at all if exum wound up being the best player from this draft later on down the road. Holiday is far from untouchable people. Everyone is tradeable besides the brow.

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo_Daggs View Post
    I thank God every day that some ppl on this forum aren't GMs lmao WOW
    Really? You don't have better things to thank god for? That sucks. Anyways you're welcome to add to the discussion at hand. What would u do if your sitting there at 5 and wiggins,Parker,randle,emblid are all gone. Your move.

Exactly. I guarantee u ones speaking on it haven't even seen the dude play. I'd actually make a very large wager that exum exceeds holiday in being the better player overall. Dude just has IT. He's a beast and I don't go around calling every player that like some ppl (guru) lol. I wouldn't be surprised at all if exum wound up being the best player from this draft later on down the road. Holiday is far from untouchable people. Everyone is tradeable besides the brow.
    Then you could receive a good deal for holiday. My only fear is that he maybe a Tyreke type point guard he doesn't really set up players but just kicks the ball out.

Really? You don't have better things to thank god for? That sucks. Anyways you're welcome to add to the discussion at hand. What would u do if your sitting there at 5 and wiggins,Parker,randle,emblid are all gone. Your move.
    Plenty more things to thank God for, this is just one of em. I'd trade down for more assets. We don't need a future superstar, those are already in place. Just a role player so lower down plus anything else that could be acquired in a trade would be bonus.

You trade the pick. What we did this year would repeat in the same fashion. Team that has player we want designates certain player to "fall" and we swap.
    Jrue dat

Thread Information