Pelicans Report

Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 6 12 13 14 15 16

Thread: Pelicans/Rockets Discussion Game Thread

Ajinca Is better for starting

Quote Originally Posted by hesterhu View Post
    After reading all previous posts, I am feeling better since I was ashamed for hating to see a particular player from our team...
    Just praying I don't need to see BR again next game.
    Jim replied me on twitter saying BR for O and Austin for D. So far I don't see any O from B. (If there were any, they were just not enough to make up his terrible ball handling)
    I still think Jason is the best C for the team since he can make jump throws, which leaves more space for AD under the rim. He is just not that red hot today.
    Jason Smith had one great defensive play and sucks the rest of the time on D. He gets his shots blocked by more athletic players shorter than he is. Don't forget him doing more than his talent allows (like the several drives that ended in either turnovers, missed layups or fouls) . He needs to just focus on shooting jumps shots and rebounding ONLY.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sterlr View Post
    Jason Smith had one great defensive play and sucks the rest of the time on D. He gets his shots blocked by more athletic players shorter than he is. Don't forget him doing more than his talent allows (like the several drives that ended in either turnovers, missed layups or fouls) . He needs to just focus on shooting jumps shots and rebounding ONLY.
    In Smith's defense he isn't a starter and never should be. He has to now because we have no starting 5 on this team. Once we get a true center he will go back to being great for us as a bench player.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    If a city only gives a **** about something when it's going perfectly, then they're horrible at supporting. Hardly anyone cares about basketball in this city.
    Sorry, but are you are complaining from behind your computer instead of at the arena? If so, are you part of the problem? Why complain about others?

Darius Miller actually impressed me a lot this game. He made some mistakes but other than that and bricking the last shot. He is a very smart player. There were three or four times where his help defense on dwight caused him to lose the ball.

And I specifically remember one play were harden had an iso at the top of the key. Miller and Withey were next to each other on the wings, and Miller started telling Withey to move up to the elbow. Withey did and then tried to leave, Miller yelled at him to stay, so he stayed. Harden drove straight into Withey got trapped and turned the ball over.

Miller may not be starter material but he def has a spot on this team.

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    Darius Miller actually impressed me a lot this game. He made some mistakes but other than that and bricking the last shot. He is a very smart player. There were three or four times where his help defense on dwight caused him to lose the ball.

And I specifically remember one play were harden had an iso at the top of the key. Miller and Withey were next to each other on the wings, and Miller started telling Withey to move up to the elbow. Withey did and then tried to leave, Miller yelled at him to stay, so he stayed. Harden drove straight into Withey got trapped and turned the ball over.

Agree.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Was there a .gif of the Smith block?
    Wherehappens.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Nevermind!

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post

i like aminu, but i wouldn'tbe upset if Miller got a few chances to start with our lineup healthy

I could just see Wesley jumping out of his chair lol.

Thread Information