Pelicans Report

Thread: Is Jrue aggressive enough

Is Jrue aggressive enough

During these past couple of games we've seen players that are a hungry to do well like Rivers, Roberts, and Miller go out on court and give it their all. It translates into everyone on the floor picking up that same energy and fighting the whole game. We all know Jrue is very talented and plays hard but he's not that aggressive. We've seen what he could do when he hits that aggressive streak in the 4th quarter against Portland and in Chicago to just take over the game. I know Jrue is a laid back type of guy and everyone on the team is the same way. But with him being the leader everyone picks up what he puts off so everyone plays with that non-nonchalant attitude. I think if he become that aggressive player like a Westbrook, John Wall, and CP3 on the court he can be a top 5 pg. He has all the tools tall, strong and fast a top notch defender can shoot anywhere on the floor and get to the rim at will. It would also help this team by everyone fighting on court every game if they see their floor general do the same.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 01-15-2014 at 10:08 AM.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I really don't think it's an issue.

jrue averaged 18ppg last year because he was the go-to guy, once we move gordon Jrue is gonna be throwing up 18-8 games left and right

The last couple of games he was playing injured. I don't think you can base anything on that. The Portland game showed he has the attack mentality if we need him to.

Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    I think his style and makeup is such that he appears very laid back and almost nonchalant.....for better or worse, I think this is what you get with Jrue....
    Last edited by ramsters60; 01-15-2014 at 03:43 PM.
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

"always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

jrue is also only 23, when we trade gordon and put a good lineup around him and he gets older things will only improve

I LOVE that we have a pass first PG that only is looking for the right shot.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

I actually think it's a good thing that he isn't an aggressive scorer. Ideally, the PG is the last guy you want taking shots because he's the distributor and playmaker for the other 4. If there were more talent and better offensive schemes, Jrue would probably only put up about 10 PPG cuz he'd rather pass.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I LOVE that we have a pass first PG that only is looking for the right shot.
    Some people will never be happy. I love Jrue for this reason as well. He only takes the shots when he is open, and they are mostly good efficient shots for him.

The week before his injury was announced he passed up a lot of shots, and I had no clue why, but I'm assuming attempting any jumpshot with a fracture in your shin would hurt like hell.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Some people will never be happy. I love Jrue for this reason as well. He only takes the shots when he is open, and they are mostly good efficient shots for him.

The week before his injury was announced he passed up a lot of shots, and I had no clue why, but I'm assuming attempting any jumpshot with a fracture in your shin would hurt like hell.
    AND he plays defense. If AD is really going to become KG or Robinson or any of these lofty expectations, Jrue playing like this is EXACTLY what's needed.

Thread Information