Pelicans Report

Thread: 2013-14 Pelicans / 1996-97 Spurs

2013-14 Pelicans / 1996-97 Spurs

This seasons Pelicans team reminds me of the 1996-97 Spurs team. That Spurs team lost the 2 best player (David Robinson & Chuck Person) for the season due to injury and played with one of the worst starting 5 i've ever seen.

PG) Avery Johnson
    SG) Vinny Del Negro
    SF) Sean Elliott
    PF) Carl Herrera
    C) Will Perdue

Sean Elliott was there the one player who could get his own shot played in only 39 games, Reminds me of Eric Gordon. Chuck Person the best shooter didn't play a game, sounds like Ryan Anderson. Finally they lost David Robinson for the year.

The best thing that happen was that team was so bad they won the lottery and drafted Tim Duncan and the rest is history. Two years later The Spurs was won The Ship.

There is 2 thing that link this Pelicans team to that team, Monty Williams 2 yr player & Dell Demps 1st year asst. on coaching staff , This team is closer then we think maybe 2 players away.

There have been worse starting 5's in NBA history.

Johnson was no slouch when Duncan and Robinson got back.
    Negro was a good 6th man.
    Elliot was a solid shooter.
    Herrera was trash.
    Perdue was getting big minuets for a center who was best served in a rotation of centers.

Other than that I agree with you.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    This means we win the lottery?

History repeats itself, after all.

I had a dream last night that we got the 2nd pick and drafted wiggins if that makes anybody happy.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    I had a dream last night that we got the 2nd pick and drafted wiggins if that makes anybody happy.
    I had a dream that I was a ghost in Pack Man and being chased around by a giant fly. Only after unlocking a time chamber was I able to escape, but my reprieve was momentary as a trap door opened I fell into a vat of melted cheese, but I knew the cheese was my father. A giant George Washington then dipped a chip into the cheese, scooping me up with it and swallowed me whole. Inside his stomach I met a chicken named Fred. Fred was aight. He showed me how to escape by believing in myself and turning into Sailor Moon.

If that makes anybody happy.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I had a dream that I was a ghost in Pack Man and being chased around by a giant fly. Only after unlocking a time chamber was I able to escape, but my reprieve was momentary as a trap door opened I fell into a vat of melted cheese, but I knew the cheese was my father. A giant George Washington then dipped a chip into the cheese, scooping me up with it and swallowed me whole. Inside his stomach I met a chicken named Fred. Fred was aight. He showed me how to escape by believing in myself and turning into Sailor Moon.

If that makes anybody happy.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by R_Ash View Post
    This seasons Pelicans team reminds me of the 1996-97 Spurs team. That Spurs team lost the 2 best player (David Robinson & Chuck Person) for the season due to injury and played with one of the worst starting 5 i've ever seen.

PG) Avery Johnson
    SG) Vinny Del Negro
    SF) Sean Elliott
    PF) Carl Herrera
    C) Will Perdue

Sean Elliott was there the one player who could get his own shot played in only 39 games, Reminds me of Eric Gordon. Chuck Person the best shooter didn't play a game, sounds like Ryan Anderson. Finally they lost David Robinson for the year.

The best thing that happen was that team was so bad they won the lottery and drafted Tim Duncan and the rest is history. Two years later The Spurs was won The Ship.

There is 2 thing that link this Pelicans team to that team, Monty Williams 2 yr player & Dell Demps 1st year asst. on coaching staff , This team is closer then we think maybe 2 players away.
    so you're saying we have a couple future NBA head coaches on our team?
    "The pelican is fearsome. Take a raven, for example: it's omnivorous. It eats bugs, and seeds, and fruit, and carrion. Compared to the well-rounded citizen that is the raven, the pelican is the serial killer of birds." - Barry Petchesky, Deadspin

Thread Information