Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: Pierre Jackson & Pelicans Reps set to meet this week

I know Hamilton has fallen out of the rotation and Miller may not be there long (point guard shortage) but I think they would want more than Roberts. I'd love that deal but just think it's a bit too little value for Denver

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And there are guys who didn't score as much in the D-League that went on to have very nice careers.

Gotta evaluate each player on their own, not in comparison to how other players did it that league. Thats just a small factor. My biggest issue with Pierre is fit. If the second unit is going to be built around Tyreke, how can Pierre fit in?

Now, if a certain SG gets moved and Tyreke gets move into the starting lineup, I see the fit. But not until then.
    if that was the plan wouldn't tyreke play as a starter now? it looks like monty wants him to stay in the second unit so that might mean gordon stays

The plan from the beginning was to put Reke on bench to 'rule' the 2nd unit

As MM has noticed - if /when a certain SG (EJ) will be moved than bringing Pierre might have sense. Then and only then (apart from EJ injury) Tyreke will become starter. EJ is payin' so Tyreke is on the bench. Plain simple...

IMO this is the only way Pierre will come to NO.
    Now he has earned his highest value - even before coming to NBA. Other GM's are not blind. There were/will be offers.
    He might look as very nice sweetener so let's keep finfers crossed...

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    And there are guys who didn't score as much in the D-League that went on to have very nice careers.

Gotta evaluate each player on their own, not in comparison to how other players did it that league. Thats just a small factor. My biggest issue with Pierre is fit. If the second unit is going to be built around Tyreke, how can Pierre fit in?

Now, if a certain SG gets moved and Tyreke gets move into the starting lineup, I see the fit. But not until then.
    Why? Jackson is a good jump shooter. I see a Jackson / Tyreke no different than a Roberts / Tyreke and a better Rivers / Tyreke on offense. If only Rivers had Jackson's shot he'd be sick.

I know Doc wanted to be a father but crap, if I saw my son throwing the ball up like Forest Gump I'd have to have stepped over and gave him a few pointers.
    Last edited by Mythrol; 02-05-2014 at 02:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Why? Jackson is a good jump shooter. I see a Jackson / Tyreke no different than a Roberts / Tyreke and a better Rivers / Tyreke on offense. If only Rivers had Jackson's shot he'd be sick.

I know Doc wanted to be a father but crap, if I saw my son throwing the ball up like a {Mod edit} I'd have to have stepped over and gave him a few pointers.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Thread Information