Pelicans Report

Thread: Airport Awkwardness

Pelicans Airport Awkwardness

Friends of mine went to the airport to greet the returning Saints.

While waiting some very expensive cars reached the gate. The hundreds/thousands of who dat's started to go nuts, the clapping and cheering slowed down and eventually stopped as everyone realized it was the Pelicans returning home from Dallas.

Probably pretty funny to see in person, but I feel bad for those guys. The injuries, stuff like this. It sucks.

Kurt

Quote Originally Posted by High Speed Kurt View Post
    Friends of mine went to the airport to greet the returning Saints.

While waiting some very expensive cars reached the gate. The hundreds/thousands of who dat's started to go nuts, the clapping and cheering slowed down and eventually stopped as everyone realized it was the Pelicans returning home from Dallas.

Probably pretty funny to see in person, but I feel bad for those guys. The injuries, stuff like this. It sucks.

Kurt
    New Orleans Saints will be #1 in the city unless the Pelicans start to win. No doubt about that.

I feel bad for the guys.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Did it really go quiet? What the hell is wrong with people? Embarrassing.

Basketball is not as popular in Nola but I think it will change in a few years we need to get behind the Pels like we do the Saints

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Pretty much sums up the city's relationship with the team.

Wow this blows. I can totally see this happening. 80 percent people that I know from New Orleans to Lafayette can give a rats *** about the Pelicans. Most people don't even know they even exist. Heck, even my little brothers asked me why do I care about then so much. They say their boring and not entertaining to watch at all.

And they Despise Monty Williams. Their 14 years old lol
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It's quite sickening, really. And most would say "this is a football city." Like the Pelicans mere prescense is some kind of afront to the Saints and they aren't worthy of the same love and respect.

I also put it on there hasn't been years and years of fandom going on. With the Saitns you got "My granddad took my dad to the first game, and my dad took to one in the 80s. And now I can take my kids to the games too." Generational component. People probably still think the team will leave soon or something if they aren't paying attention.

Give it some longevity things could change.

or not.

Things like this can cause a player not to want to play in this city.

I was in New Orleans for my Honeymoon in November... found more Charlotte Hornets gear in stores than Pelicans gear. Couldnt find anything really until I went to the Bobcats game.

They need to start winning. Why would a casual fan watch a team that probably won't win more than 30 games for the 3rd straight season.

Sure the hardcore fans care, but I can't blame people for not wanting to watch what we have on the court.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I just hope this isn't as bad as it sounded. I hope people didn't just "stop" cheering when they realized those weren't the rolls royces they were looking for

Those airport arrival things look like the bar scene out of Star Wars, and many of the people there look like they just left that set.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    They need to start winning. Why would a casual fan watch a team that probably won't win more than 30 games for the 3rd straight season.

Sure the hardcore fans care, but I can't blame people for not wanting to watch what we have on the court.
    This X30. Pels have to do their job as a organization to become more marketing and likeable. Get the city excited to wanna watch you! You know its a problem when it seem that the core fanbase have more passion and show it more then the actual players. Only Davis and Rivers seem to buss their *** out their. That's why people root for them so much.

From what I was told a few people still clapped but it was super awkward.

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I just hope this isn't as bad as it sounded.
    Pretty sure it's exaggerated like all stories
    SIGN A SF

I'm from Australia, but come to NOLA every couple of years to watch the Hornets/Pels. I remember walking through the streets in a hornets t-shirt a couple of years ago and having a few people wearing saints jerseys tell me I was supporting the wrong team.

I thought it was pretty weird, since I was maybe a 5 minute walk from the New Orleans arena on the day of a game - but I do understand this is a football city. A lot of small markets aren't as fortunate as NOLA to have two major sports franchises, both teams should be embraced.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Wow this blows. I can totally see this happening. 80 percent people that I know from New Orleans to Lafayette can give a rats *** about the Pelicans. Most people don't even know they even exist. Heck, even my little brothers asked me why do I care about then so much. They say their boring and not entertaining to watch at all.

And they Despise Monty Williams. Their 14 years old lol
    They're. It's not hard. There their and they're all mean something different.

Yeah. Its so annoying when people forget how to use there grammer. The most dumbest thing every.

Alot.

Quote Originally Posted by LetsGetWaffles View Post
    They're. It's not hard. There their and they're all mean something different.
    You forgot one:
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    This X30. Pels have to do their job as a organization to become more marketing and likeable. Get the city excited to wanna watch you! You know its a problem when it seem that the core fanbase have more passion and show it more then the actual players. Only Davis and Rivers seem to buss their *** out their. That's why people root for them so much.
    Can I use this as an opportunity to post Mavs videos? I know I'm super late, but after the Mavs game my friend showed me this and I died:

The Mavs have some other funny videos. Now how can I make this relevant to this post? Oh yeah, they seem to have a good promotions team.

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    You forgot one:

You sick twisted human being. How DARE you make me remember Chingy! I was living a happy life, replaying Mass Effect and then you brought up Chingy into my consciousness?!? I will FIND you, Jabberwalker!

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post

You sick twisted human being. How DARE you make me remember Chingy! I was living a happy life, replaying Mass Effect and then you brought up Chingy into my consciousness?!? I will FIND you, Jabberwalker!

Eh. That song didn't offend me as much.

It was a football event so it had football folks out there. Half of them probably couldn't spot half the Saints roster either. Just out there for the party.

Basketball has always had a place here. I can't be the only one that remembers "the Posse", our own Erving Johnson, or John Thompson raiding NOLA to get Georgetown into the final 4 every other year?

Thread Information