Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Tank Watch: Know Who To Cheer For...

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Guaranteed filling a position of need.
    win/win for us

Boston just dumped Jordan Crawford and Marshon Brooks. But they should be getting Rondo back soon.

Boston just dumped Jordan Crawford and Marshon Brooks. But they should be getting Rondo back soon
    Those *******s, trying to outtank us. If they keep getting rid of good players like that, we should shut down Davis and Evans for the season. That'll show 'em.

This might be useful.

We get easier teams;

Utah gets easier;

Sacramento gets easier;

Orlando gets easier;

Boston gets easier;

New York gets easier;

Milwaukee gets harder;

Lakers gets harder;

Philadelphia about the same;

Cleveland about the same.

Quote Originally Posted by supermati View Post
    This might be useful.

We get easier teams;

Utah gets easier;

Sacramento gets easier;

Orlando gets easier;

Boston gets easier;

New York gets easier;

Milwaukee gets harder;

Lakers gets harder;

Philadelphia about the same;

Cleveland about the same.
    Useful.

Boston, Philly, and Sacramento won tonight. Utah almost won, and the Lakers and Cavs are both playing very close games at the moment.

philly won tonight, also Philly's doctor just cleared NERLENS NOEL, hopefully he can help them win some more games

Jrue will be back in time to make sure we won't get a lottery pik

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    philly won tonight, also Philly's doctor just cleared NERLENS NOEL, hopefully he can help them win some more games
    That and make NBA 2K14's horrid roster actually not look so bad once in a while when guys like Kobe, Rose, or Noel are playing.

hope we dont rush jrue back, let his foot and elbow heal 100% before he ever touches the court

cavs might beat the blazers

hope we dont rush jrue back, let his foot and elbow heal 100% before he ever touches the court
    Foot and elbow?

He has a stress Fracture in his Tibia (shin bone)

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Foot and elbow?

He has a stress Fracture in his Tibia (shin bone)
    ur right, tibia and elbow

and yes i know the tibia is the shin bone, 1 of the 2 bones in the calf, the other being the fibula which is there for structural support but has no weight bearing properties.

ur right, tibia and elbow

and yes i know the tibia is the shin bone, 1 of the 2 bones in the calf, the other being the fibula which is there for structural support but has no weight bearing properties.
    The Chipped bone in his elbow will never "heal." I have fragments in my left ring finger from a fracture by my knuckle 5 years ago. Still hurts sometimes.
    Last edited by Inner_GI; 01-15-2014 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    The Chipped bone in his elbow will never "heal." I have fragments in my left ring finger from a fracture by my knuckle 5 years ago. Still hurts sometimes.
    of course it won't heal, it's a loose peace of bone with no blood supply, but my point is if it is bothering him what better time to get it removed/fixed than now

Can anyone honestly see the Lakers with Kobe coming back, or the Cavs with Deng in the mix finishing lower than the Pelicans? I can't. For that reason I say we are safely a bottom 7 team, it's just a matter of losing a couple extra to get us in that safe bottom 5 area.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 01-15-2014 at 11:35 PM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Can anyone honestly see the Lakers with Kobe common back, or the Cavs with Deng in the mix finishing lower than the Pelicans? I can't. For that reason I say we are safely a bottom 7 team, it's just a matter of losing a couple extra to get us in that safe bottom 5 area.
    Agreed, even with the possible return of Jrue in a month or so, there's a good chance Gordon would have been shipped out by then, and a team of Jrue/Davis/Tyreke surrounded by nobodies isn't enough to compete. A bottom 7 finish seems totally feasible, and a bottom 5 finish isn't unrealistic.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Bottom 5 isn't safe either though to secure a top 5 pick. It's the pick that has to be bottom 5, not the record. So we gotta tank even harder!

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Bottom 5 isn't safe either though to secure a top 5 pick. It's the pick that has to be bottom 5, not the record. So we gotta tank even harder!
    Exactly. We need to finish 3rd worse for me to feel good Bout a top 5 pick.

We are at 1,9% as of now.

Best thing about this tank is that if we see it's not working the difference between the 5th and 11th seed will be 2-3 games and can just start going out and start wining games.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 01-16-2014 at 02:10 AM.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Best thing about this tank is if we see if no working the difference between the 5th and 1th seed will be 2-3 games and can just start wining.

pardon?

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    pardon?
    I fixed it

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Best thing about this tank is that if we see it's not working the difference between the 5th and 11th seed will be 2-3 games and can just start going out and start wining games.
    Yeahhhh about that...
    Wherehappens.

if we get a top 3 pick we are guarenteed 1 of wiggins, jabari of embiid, holy ****
    I hate losing games, it sucks. There was so much hope for this season: growth, playing together, chemistry, possible playoff appearance. And now the injury demon rears its ugly head and does his damage. The bas****.

Having said all that, it sure would be awesome for the long term prospects of this team to get lucky and end up with a top 3 pick. Or even top 5. Losing still sucks.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Losing sucks but the chances of making the playoffs were pretty slim this year anyway, just wanted to see some development from the team which we have. Jrue is meshing well with the other players, Ryno is still a beast even though he's been a bit cold at times this season, Davis is turning into a monster, Reke is finding his niche...

As long as the guys keep a positive outlook and don't get too down about one season, losing helps big time. Imagine getting lucky and scoring Parker or Randle in this draft?

Thread Information