Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Tank Watch: Know Who To Cheer For...

TANK TO SKRONGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG!!!!!!!!!

Gonna be 14th in the West by next week. And Jazz are within 3 of us. Last place in West by end of month is a strong possibility
    @mcnamara247

Offical Tank theme song

jazz win it's official

Yea if the goal at this point is to be a bottom 3-5 team then it will be accomplished. Period. If it isn't then I think we wind up around 8-10 in the overall standings. From the looks of it tonight. Didn't seem that it is the plan. We just can't close out a team like the spurs.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    I hate to say it, but for the first time in my life, I'm on board with the tank.

Our current lottery odds is 0.9%

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    We are also only three games out of having the third worst record.

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    So you're telling me there's a chance!

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Offical Tank theme song
    Lol One of my fav CDs

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    I hate to say it, but for the first time in my life, I'm on board with the tank.
    Same.
    Wherehappens.

Charlotte is getting MKG back tonight, we're a 1/2 game back.

Boston is getting Rondo back Friday night, we're 3 games back.

Mike D'Antoni said he hopes to have both Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash back in two weeks, we're 1 game back.

Then Sacramento is playing better, Utah is playing better, Cleveland traded for Luol Deng, and even Philly is 4-6 over their last 10.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Charlotte is getting MKG back tonight, we're a 1/2 game back.

Boston is getting Rondo back Friday night, we're 3 games back.

Mike D'Antoni said he hopes to have both Kobe Bryant and Steve Nash back in two weeks, we're 1 game back.

Then Sacramento is playing better, Utah is playing better, Cleveland traded for Luol Deng, and even Philly is 4-6 over their last 10.
    We play Sac, Detroit, Orlando, and Cleveland coming up. That stretch of four games will determine if we are in full tank mode.

Yep, we'll have to do a better job against those teams than what we did last night, if you know what I mean.

Yeah the bucks have OJ mayo and sanders back so they should win a few more games than usual but who knows. At least we aren't obviously tanking whereas the bucks are event playing their starters near starter minutes. I think the nba actually looks at each season and awards teams who are bad but don't tank. We obviously don't have a choice at struggling because we are missing close to 50 points a game with our 3 headed monster out. Teams like the bucks who purposefully don't play their best players and sit them should be given lower lottery picks then bad teams like us who actually try. We could have very well beaten the mavs and the spurs and we almost did. It's wiggins or Embid time.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    We play Sac, Detroit, Orlando, and Cleveland coming up. That stretch of four games will determine if we are in full tank mode.
    This is why I have said I wont jump on board until early February. But if we drop these, I am fully on board.

The Franchise
    5 games from 2nd worst and 6 games from the 8 seed (tied at 9th worst right now). Without Ryan and Jrue it doesn't look good. If we trade Gordon for scraps and cap space we'll definitely be tanking unless we get a decent return this year for Gordon, then it maybe different but I doubt it.

Did they say when Jrue is supposed to come back ??

Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    2 months the min. I believe or was that Ryno? I think Ryno is def done for the year with rue being out 4-6 weeks.

I've hear at least two monts for Ryno but nothing for Jrue or Tyreke.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AirForce1 View Post
    Jrue said that his hope was to be come back 1 month after he first suffered the injury.

Tonight's matchups:

NYK vs CHA
    SAC vs IND
    OKC vs MEM
    CLE vs LAL

The only two clear cut games are the Sacramento and Memphis matchups. It's probably a toss-up between the first and the last games. Maybe you want to lean towards CHA since New York is getting Chandler back, and maybe you want to lean towards the Lakers because they play in the tougher West with harder to come by wins, but which is more beneficial to us in those games isn't clear.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Tonight's matchups:

NYK vs CHA
    SAC vs IND
    OKC vs MEM
    CLE vs LAL

The only two clear cut games are the Sacramento and Memphis matchups. It's probably a toss-up between the first and the last games. Maybe you want to lean towards CHA since New York is getting Chandler back, and maybe you want to lean towards the Lakers because they play in the tougher West with harder to come by wins, but which is more beneficial to us in those games isn't clear.
    I say Charlotte and Cleveland wins would be nice.

bobcats beating knicks
    kings losing to pacers
    grizzlies thunder tied

Bobcats won, and we are tied for 10th worst record now.

Thread Information