Pelicans Report

Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast

Thread: Official Tank Watch: Know Who To Cheer For...

Quote Originally Posted by Kujo_Daggs View Post
    Idk what wall you talkin bout but my opinions are voiced often on this forum playboy. What moves should be made?
    1.) 3team trade that amounts to Gordon for Sanders and Butler in regards to us. The link is in several threads.
    2.) Trade Aminu, Stiemsma, and Rivers to Boston for Humphries & Chris Johnson.
    3.) Fire Monty, hire Lionel Hollins or George Karl.
    dont think they would do caron and sanders for gordon, that would give them 2 SGs making more than they are worth, it would have to be sanders and mayo

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kujo_Daggs View Post
    Idk what wall you talkin bout but my opinions are voiced often on this forum playboy. What moves should be made?
    1.) 3team trade that amounts to Gordon for Sanders and Butler in regards to us. The link is in several threads.
    2.) Trade Aminu, Stiemsma, and Rivers to Boston for Humphries & Chris Johnson.
    3.) Fire Monty, hire Lionel Hollins or George Karl.
    The wall is what you're behind when you judge other's ideas and risk nothing of your own. A bit like a high horse, but it doesn't stink so badly.

And anyway, it was means to see what your own ideas are.

Sanders is a popular target around here. I just don't see the trade materializing the way you have it. Not without sending us Mayo. And Humphries? I mean, he's a good rebounder and all, but he's not much of a defender. A better version of Amundson, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The wall is what you're behind when you judge other's ideas and risk nothing of your own. A bit like a high horse, but it doesn't stink so badly.

Sanders is a popular target around here. I just don't see the trade materializing the way you have it. Not without sending us Mayo. And Humphries? I mean, he's a good rebounder and all, but he's not much of a defender. A better version of Amundson, really.
    agree with both statements, to get sanders ur gonna need to take on mayo, and humphires, i'll pay, we already have davis and ryno, lets not get another pf.

On a permanent Holiday! Purple Haze's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    i hear ya, im just messing around, i like u as a poster and like a lot of ur ideas, i was wrong about them being different sizes, didnt know jones was 250 pounds, but still i consider jones twice the athlete randle is, with randle having the much better jumper and post game
    Dude they're VERY similar. Not sure what you're looking at.
    Wherehappens.

DAL @ CLE
    LAC @ DET
    TOR @ CHA
    PHI @ WSH
    BKN @ NY
    MIA @ ATL
    LAL @ CHI
    POR @ HOU
    IND @ GS

Lots of home games for the bad teams today. With a NY and Cleveland win, we will be alone in 7th worst record slot.

Current chances:

1st 4.3%
    2nd 4.9%
    3rd 5.8%

Quote Originally Posted by Purple Haze View Post
    Dude they're VERY similar. Not sure what you're looking at.
    not sure what ur looking at, they are not similar, randle is not good defensively at all, jones is a monster, they both rebound well, randle has twice the post game jones has and is only 18, jones is far more athletic while scouts are saying they view randle as an under the rim athlete, but can bang because of how extremely powerful he is.
    Last edited by HornetGuru; 01-20-2014 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    DAL @ CLE
    LAC @ DET
    TOR @ CHA
    PHI @ WSH
    BKN @ NY
    MIA @ ATL
    LAL @ CHI
    POR @ HOU
    IND @ GS

Lots of home games for the bad teams today. With a NY and Cleveland win, we will be alone in 7th worst record slot.

Current chances:

1st 4.3%
    2nd 4.9%
    3rd 5.8%
    if either brooklyn or new york wins i'll take it as a win, NY has 15 wins and the nets only have 16, i love tank battle games like those where it's a win either way, it makes me happy.

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    dont think they would do caron and sanders for gordon, that would give them 2 SGs making more than they are worth, it would have to be sanders and mayo

My ideas have always been out there.

Butler is preferable to Mayo because he's expiring and easily flipped but if we'd have to take on Mayo as a 6th man, we could do worse.
    Guys Humphries is a $12million expiring. We don't want him longterm, just clearing money. Butler is unhappy with his role in Milwaukee so they might give him up. With both those trades going down, we'd be acquiring a young, defensive Center on a longterm contract to grow with the rest of the core while clearing $9million in next season's cap after all the math is done. If Miller doesn't work out as the starting 3D SF I believe he can be, he remains a backup and that $9million is where your starter comes from.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Bobcats won, they are 18-25 now. That's good for the tank. 76ers probably lost and the Knicks are losing by 16 right now.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    I think despite the Sixers loss we are tied for 4th

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    I think despite the Sixers loss we are tied for 4th
    Are you sure? Four is death. Just ask McNamara.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Are you sure? Four is death. Just ask McNamara.
    It's an unlucky number in Japan... I believe it!

ORL vs BKN
    BOS vs MIA
    MIN vs UTA

Three key tank games tonight, including our own matchup with the Kings. This upcoming week of basketball is going to be crucial in determining whether tanking into the top 5 is a legitimate option or not. I'm just going to sit back and not hope either way.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    ORL vs BKN
    BOS vs MIA
    MIN vs UTA

Three key tank games tonight, including our own matchup with the Kings. This upcoming week of basketball is going to be crucial in determining whether tanking into the top 5 is a legitimate option or not. I'm just going to sit back and not hope either way.
    If we lost the next 5, I agree. This is a soft part of the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    If we lost the next 5, I agree. This is a soft part of the schedule.
    Honestly, with the recent waffling of Embiid and Parker regarding their entry into the draft (although the vast majority of the time this sort of thing still ends with declaring), coupled with potentially going .500 or better against these tank opponents, I've been decreasing my expectations for getting our pick back. Not because it's necessarily "hard" to do, but just that these teams are playing at a pretty low level, and none of them have a budding superstar impacting the game like we do.

I'll be pleased if we lose out for the greater benefit of our team's future roster. I'll also be pleased if we win and Davis/Tyreke impact the game and demonstrate an ability to complement each other. So I'm going to just revoke my expectations and watch basketball for now.

Quote Originally Posted by Coughka View Post
    Honestly, with the recent waffling of Embiid and Parker regarding their entry into the draft (although the vast majority of the time this sort of thing still ends with declaring), coupled with potentially going .500 or better against these tank opponents, I've been decreasing my expectations for getting our pick back. Not because it's necessarily "hard" to do, but just that these teams are playing at a pretty low level, and none of them have a budding superstar impacting the game like we do.

I'll be pleased if we lose out for the greater benefit of our team's future roster. I'll also be pleased if we win and Davis/Tyreke impact the game and demonstrate an ability to complement each other. So I'm going to just revoke my expectations and watch basketball for now.
    My expectation is 25 wins, doesn't mean I'm rooting for loses though. lol

bobcats vs clippers
    celtics vs wizards
    cavs vs bulls
    magic vs hawks
    76ers vs knicks
    bucks vs pistons

tons of good tank games!!!!!

Go Cats, Celts, Cavs, Magic, 76ers, and Pistons.

Pelicans might get some help if certain teams keep it up in the 2nd half

Yikes, Gay out with an Achilles injury.

Hope it's just a strain.

And now Cousins out for the game with an ankle injury, wow.

Bobcats beat Clippers
    Bulls beat Cavs
    Hawks beat Magic
    Raptors beat Mavericks

Celtics going into OT w/ Wizards

U wanna watch teams tank? Watch the magic and 76ers. My god it's pathetic. They are purposely tanking. We aren't tanking guys. We are just not good enough to close out games.

76ers are giving some guy called up to a 10 day contract some good min. He's absolute trash lol.

Celtics beat Wizards

Thread Information