Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Tank Watch: Know Who To Cheer For...

Official Tank Watch: Know Who To Cheer For...

It seems as though the consensus on the board is that we've been reduced to tank advocacy for the season.

But it's not all bad, a top five pick awaits! But we'll need some help.

We may not be able to cheer for our team's wins, but we can at least cheer for winning.

Tonight's games and who to cheer for:

BKN vs TOR
    HOU vs WAS
    PHX vs DET
    NYK vs PHI
    CHA vs CHI
    MIL vs OKC
    ORL vs DEN
    BOS vs POR

The question is, who should we cheer for in the NYK vs. PHI game. Do we think PHI is going to finish in the bottom three regardless, or ought we be trying to catapult even PHI's record, at the expense of the NYK, a team closer to our "tier of losses", getting another loss. Tough call.

Inverse standings:

1. Milwaukee 7 28
    2. Orlando 10 26
    3. Utah 12 26
    4. Philadelphia 12 24
    5. Sacramento 12 22
    6. Boston 13 24
    7. Cleveland 13 23
    8. New York 13 22
    9. L.A. Lakers 14 23
    10. Detroit 15 22
    11. New Orleans 15 20
    12. Memphis 16 19
    13. Minnesota 18 18
    14. Denver 18 17
    Last edited by Coughka; 01-11-2014 at 12:19 PM.

I would be cheering for Philly wins. Once Tyson comes back for NYK, they should begin winning again.

Det, NY, cleveland, boston, Sac, Philly should all pass us

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I would be cheering for Philly wins. Once Tyson comes back for NYK, they should begin winning again.
    Good point.

Need Rondo and Kobe back too.

Makes me sick that I might have to root for those two.
    @mcnamara247

NYK and DET both win tonight, putting us in the 10th spot.

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Tyson's been back for a bit, he just got sick recently though and missed a few more games. Speaking of which, this is the longest I've seen a player out with "sickness" in awhile.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Tyson's been back for a bit, he just got sick recently though and missed a few more games. Speaking of which, this is the longest I've seen a player out with "sickness" in awhile.
    Yea. Didn't they win the first 3 games he came back? He's the glue to that team. He's their Ryan Anderson.

Kings just won so I can see them winning 30+ games this year. I also can see us winning 7 games for the rest of the season we have a real difficult schedule remander of the season. I hope Jrue sits out longer and the continues to let Tyreke sits out till his ankle is 100% and trade Gordon. I would also want the to sit Smith out to let him heal up but that is doubtful due to this being his contract year.

our biggest tank contenders are the
    jazz 12-26
    76ers 12-25
    Bucks 7-29
    Magic 10-27

We might have a chance to be worse than 76ers and Jazz with Burke and MCW in the line up they are decent. Also with the Lakers when Nash and Kobe returns they should win more and Boston should also with Rondo returning.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 01-12-2014 at 07:47 PM.

wow we are just 2.5 game above the 5th worst team? we gonna get a top 5 pick!

So, we get a top 5 Pick...

How are we going to Pick? I think top 5 are a combo of Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Exum, Gordon, Hood, Lavine and Smart.

Our obvious holes are at SF and Centre. But I think Embiid, Parker and Wiggins are probably off the board. Then what do we do pick for need or bpa?

BPA is probably Randle- but is AD going to be a Centre? I can see a starting unit of Randle and AD being effective against most teams, with Ryno playing big minutes off the bench. Our fourth big would need to be a thick Centre (mozgov/asik build I guess) to give us that element against the Dwight Howards and Marc Gasols of the world.

If it isn't Randle it may be Exum, but do we need another primary PG part time SG? If EG is here then I don't thinkso, even if he isn't hopefully Rivers will emerge into a player who deserves 25/30 mpg off the bench. It would give us time to bring Exum along slowly but then we still need some help at the 3 and 5.

Rodney Hood, could play his way up the board. Can score in a multitude of ways, but likes attacking inside. Good shooter at the stripe and has NBA range. Bit Skinny, but good length as a defender and much more athletic than another highly touted 3 man at Duke

If we miss out on wiggins Parker embiid and randle trade the pick unless there is someone who looks good in the workouts

Quote Originally Posted by carpo View Post
    So, we get a top 5 Pick...

How are we going to Pick? I think top 5 are a combo of Embiid, Parker, Wiggins, Randle, Exum, Gordon, Hood, Lavine and Smart.

Our obvious holes are at SF and Centre. But I think Embiid, Parker and Wiggins are probably off the board. Then what do we do pick for need or bpa?

BPA is probably Randle- but is AD going to be a Centre? I can see a starting unit of Randle and AD being effective against most teams, with Ryno playing big minutes off the bench. Our fourth big would need to be a thick Centre (mozgov/asik build I guess) to give us that element against the Dwight Howards and Marc Gasols of the world.

If it isn't Randle it may be Exum, but do we need another primary PG part time SG? If EG is here then I don't thinkso, even if he isn't hopefully Rivers will emerge into a player who deserves 25/30 mpg off the bench. It would give us time to bring Exum along slowly but then we still need some help at the 3 and 5.

Rodney Hood, could play his way up the board. Can score in a multitude of ways, but likes attacking inside. Good shooter at the stripe and has NBA range. Bit Skinny, but good length as a defender and much more athletic than another highly touted 3 man at Duke

If we get in the top 5 and Parker, Wiggins, Embiid are off the board I'll go after Randle always grab talent. We play Randle and if he is a must keep potential star player keep him if not and is just a good role player trade him and we could have a picking of anyone we want. I wouldn't go after Smart or Exum or Hood due to us seeing too many ball dominate guard on one team doesn't work. Smart will be an good pg and Exum you are taking a big chance he can be great or his talent won't translate in the NBA. They compare him to an 6'6 Westbrook witch is crazy good and he'll most defiantly be a sg in this league. Hood is good in college but is not that athletic so I'll worry about him at the 3.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! wuggie's Avatar
    If we get Wiggins or Parker I will seriously kick my feet back and just smile for the rest of my life lol

And it's friggin possible
    Last edited by wuggie; 01-12-2014 at 11:46 PM.

R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl

LI's only NO Pelicans Fan yankeesman77's Avatar
    I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. And wish it wasn't so. This entire board and state of the fan base is now turned into "What the hell else is new? We suck so lets keep losing". I try to keep this in perspective but these are really depressing battles seeing this team lose to teams we all know they can be better than had these injuries not happened to two very critical pieces to the team puzzle and chemistry.

And I have tickets to see them against the Nets on February 9th.

The New Wave of Pelican Power!

Its not like we dont have a future, we suck NOW because of injuries. but if we get a top5 and get rid of Gordon's contract then next season will be our break out year

Quote Originally Posted by yankeesman77 View Post
    I hate it. I hate it. I hate it. And wish it wasn't so. This entire board and state of the fan base is now turned into "What the hell else is new? We suck so lets keep losing". I try to keep this in perspective but these are really depressing battles seeing this team lose to teams we all know they can be better than had these injuries not happened to two very critical pieces to the team puzzle and chemistry.

And I have tickets to see them against the Nets on February 9th.
    I'm with you, I just can't root for the team to lose no matter what the circumstances are...

Quote Originally Posted by janjanjanjan3 View Post
    Its not like we dont have a future, we suck NOW because of injuries. but if we get a top5 and get rid of Gordon's contract then next season will be our break out year
    *barring more injuries

From the looks of it we should all start cheering for MCW to be the PG that thread a while back called for him to be.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Tonight's games:

MIL vs. TOR
    HOU vs. BOS
    PHX vs. NYK
    WAS vs. CHI
    ORL vs. DAL
    DEN vs. UTA

Matchups of especial importance are the Knick, Jazz, and Boston games. Wins from any of these teams get us closer to that next tier in the lottery.

Boston needs to really win

Yep we need Rondo to return.

TANK IS IN FULL EFFECT!

Peicans lose

Knicks, Wizards AND Jazz are all winning

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    TANK IS IN FULL EFFECT!

Peicans lose

Knicks, Wizards AND Jazz are all winning
    They are all 3 gonna win it seems. Still so much time to go in the season.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    They are all 3 gonna win it seems. Still so much time to go.
    Knicks and Wizards win, Jazz are up 89-72

Thread Information