Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: "Sources" say Pelicans are pushing Gordon on trade block

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    SUCKS

Unfortunately, after reading the link, I still feel that they'll be 100 more trade Gordon threads. Sigh
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Banned
    This could mean one of two things: 1. Nothing, posturing to maintain leverage in negotiations and not look desperate; or 2. maybe they don't feel they have seen what this team can actually because of all the injuries.

As much as I'd like to move EG, he is now just starting to get healthy for the first time and we truly don't know what we have because of the injuries this year. I think the wait and see approach is the best way to go.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    What makes MKG different or better than Aminu. They are the exact same player
    I trust MKG with the ball more than Aminu, even now that Aminu has improved as a ball handler. MKG's also quicker laterally, better athlete overall.

I'd swap them in a heartbeat.

Edit: Also, Gordon has been told he wasn't going to get traded by the Clippers. Then he's here. So...
    Last edited by Eman5805; 01-13-2014 at 02:15 PM.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Page isn't loading for me... can someone post the quotes of the important stuff?

Banned
    “Well, they said no (the rumors weren’t true),” Gordon said before Friday’s game against the Dallas Mavericks. “But at the end of the day, I’ve heard it before and they’ve heard it before. But it’s something I can’t worry about.”

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Page isn't loading for me... can someone post the quotes of the important stuff?
    Well, they said no (the rumors weren’t true),” Gordon said before Friday’s game against the Dallas Mavericks. “But at the end of the day, I’ve heard it before and they’ve heard it before. But it’s something I can’t worry about.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    Well, they said no (the rumors weren’t true),” Gordon said before Friday’s game against the Dallas Mavericks. “But at the end of the day, I’ve heard it before and they’ve heard it before. But it’s something I can’t worry about.
    grain of salt if anything... they won't tell him to his face he's getting traded... but sure as hell will keep shopping him

What makes MKG different or better than Aminu. They are the exact same player
    MKG is good at defense. As in he knows what he is doing and actively works to lock down his opponent. Aminu has length, athleticism, and occasional footwork but blows rotations and at times seems uninterested. MKG has superior work ethic and overall understanding of the game. If you put Aminu in the game you have to worry about him trying to drive, failing to pass, taking bad shots, and losing focus. MKG negatively affects your team by not being a good jump shooter and allowing his man to sag off of him. So Aminu is a better rebounder and their jumpers are comparable, but MKG wins every other category.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    grain of salt if anything... they won't tell him to his face he's getting traded... but sure as hell will keep shopping him
    Exactly. Remember what the Clippers told Gordon? "We are not trading you..." I wonder how Gordon ended up in NOLA?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I trust MKG with the ball more than Aminu, even now that Aminu has improved as a ball handler. MKG's also quicker laterally, better athlete overall.

I'd swap them in a heartbeat.

Edit: Also, Gordon has been told he wasn't going to get traded by the Clippers. Then he's here. So...
    Also you never have to question MKG's motor.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Or if his brain is on.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Unfortunately, after reading the link, I still feel that they'll be 100 more trade Gordon threads. Sigh
    You will NEVER hear the end of it. This guy could score 85 points a game and lead us to a championship THIS YEAR and you'll still see Gordon trade threads.

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    You will NEVER hear the end of it. This guy could score 85 points a game and lead us to a championship THIS YEAR and you'll still see Gordon trade threads.
    Yes. Because his trade value would be huge then.

Except he isn't even coming close to achieving anything of the sort.

He's a slightly above average guard that is streaky at best right now and isnt really contributing a whole lot in totality right now. All while being payed like a superstar.

Not sure why this persecution complex from you two is so strong because most this board doesn't want to be stuck with a player like that. I'd be more upset if the board DIDNT by and large want to get rid of him.

Quote Originally Posted by N.O.Bronco View Post
    Except he isn't even coming close to achieving anything of the sort.

He's a slightly above average guard that is streaky at best right now and isnt really contributing a whole lot in totality right now. All while being payed like a superstar.

Not sure why this persecution complex from you two is so strong because most this board doesn't want to be stuck with a player like that. I'd be more upset if the board DIDNT by and large want to get rid of him.
    No one is...

He's a great player who has been struck with bad luck. This 3 guard rotation we have wasn't even given a full chance because of injuries to Reke and Jrue (who'da thought Gordon would be the healthy one?! *knock on wood*). But still, when they given the chance to show, the 3 of them looked good together. I still wouldn't trade Gordon. I think he's a valuable player to have on this team for the future.

No one is...

He's a great player who has been struck with bad luck. This 3 guard rotation we have wasn't even given a full chance because of injuries to Reke and Jrue (who'da thought Gordon would be the healthy one?! *knock on wood*). But still, when they given the chance to show, the 3 of them looked good together. I still wouldn't trade Gordon. I think he's a valuable player to have on this team for the future.
    I would trade Gordon but i'm not quite as desperate to take any deal as a lot of others are.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    I would trade Gordon but i'm not quite as desperate to take any deal as a lot of others are.
    Of course. If there is a deal that we'd be dumb to reject, absolutely go for it. I shake my head at the people who are willing to trade Gordon for friggin' JAVALE MCGEE. Like that's just foolish bro. People are just still sour on Gordon from the past, and they'll never get over it, which is unfortunate.

No one is...

Even at full Health gordon disappeared for long stretches of games, was streaky, lacked the explosiveness of his earlier years and didn't play up to his paycheck.

If money was no concern for teams in this league we could live with an overpaid above average 2 guard. But we have a salary cap and so opportunity costs must be at the forefront of personnel decisions and frankly, that puts gordon on the losing end when he isn't living up to his paycheck.

That doesn't mean I'd be happy taking on another risk/reward player like McGee. Instead I'd prefer seeing gordon go for salary relief and just go all in on the tank. I'd be just fine starting the offseason with a full wallet and a top five pick then still be stuck with Gordon and potentially no pick.
    Last edited by N.O.Bronco; 01-14-2014 at 11:39 AM.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    No you wouldn't.
    @DanielVeuleman

People need to realize Eric Gordon is actually playing pretty good. He's averaging 16-3-3 for the year while shooting 40% from 3pt. He's just not quite putting up the numbers you'd want for a Max player. Personally I think if we keep him until the summer and he produces like this and maybe slightly better his value will be much higher. Since Anderson's been gone he's been averaging 18-3-3. I don't see it as a stretch for him to reach 21-3-3 while shooting 40% from 3.

He might've overindulged the hyperbole on that one. Just a tad...

Banned
    Takes two years to come fully back from knee surgery too, just saying. If the right deal comes though you have to move him IMO, not because he isn't a good player, but because when you consider the money and the fact that his skills overlap the skills of our other good players it doesn't balance the team.

Any rational fan base would want to trade a 9 million dollar player making 15 million per year. Saying that it is "something personal and hate," is just untrue. It's pure logic.
    @mcnamara247

Thread Information