Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: "Sources" say Pelicans are pushing Gordon on trade block

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar

"Sources" say Pelicans are pushing Gordon on trade block

http://www.sportingnews.com/nba/stor...medium=twitter

The Pelicans remain active in their pursuit of trading guard Eric Gordon, league sources told Sporting News this week. New Orleans has made contact with several teams about Gordon, even devising three-team scenarios in order to find him a new home.
    “He has been healthy and he has played better,” one league executive told Sporting News. “But he is a still a long way from living up to what you have to pay him. His contract is still the big reason they are not able to do anything with him at this point.”

Dump him for a can of beans. Time to tank, yet again.

still think he's the most dynamic of our three "stud" guards. seems he's getting better every time out and back into the flow of the game. Hate to see the "finishing five" experiment never really get a fair shake. The void at C is just too big to avoid at this point

Yea I don't think we are able to move him until trade deAdline next year as long as he stays healthy until then. Teams want to see more than 1/3 of a season healthy.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    Yea I don't think we are able to move him until trade deAdline next year as long as he stays healthy until then. Teams want to see more than 1/3 of a season healthy.
    My only hope to move Gordon is that Bobcat trade.

Quote Originally Posted by AD23nEG10 View Post
    still think he's the most dynamic of our three "stud" guards. seems he's getting better every time out and back into the flow of the game. Hate to see the "finishing five" experiment never really get a fair shake. The void at C is just too big to avoid at this point
    I see your point, but it's hard to have a "finishing five" when you never have those 5 players healthy at the same time.

If the pelicans can get some decent role players like a C and SF(who can shot 3's) it think it will be a win.

Eh. If we get something good then do it, if not..not. Just let him out and say he's got some kinda injury..it's not like anyone would doubt that

Give me Gordon for Monroe (if the option is there). Monroe and Davis alone aren't enough to take us out of the lottery (hampered due to Anderson and Jrue not being there), so get Monroe and build with him and an eye towards the future. Who knows, maybe you get lucky and next year you go

Jrue
    Reke
    Anderson
    Davis
    Monroe
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

With the Jrue injury you have to move Gordon and try and keep this year's pick.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Give me Gordon for Monroe (if the option is there). Monroe and Davis alone aren't enough to take us out of the lottery (hampered due to Anderson and Jrue not being there), so get Monroe and build with him and an eye towards the future. Who knows, maybe you get lucky and next year you go

Jrue
    Reke
    Anderson
    Davis
    Monroe
    We aren't gunna get that much value for Gordon

Espn trade rumors suggested Greg Monroe as a target but not too likely. Also suggested OJ Mayo & Larry Sanders for Gordon which is very intriguing to me. Mayo is basically just a poor mans gordon anyways

Espn trade rumors suggested Greg Monroe as a target but not too likely. Also suggested OJ Mayo & Larry Sanders for Gordon which is very intriguing to me. Mayo is basically just a poor mans gordon anyways
    What the heck, no way I believe the. Bucks give up that much for Gordon. I would crap my pants.

Gordon would be SOOOOOOOOOO PISSED if he had to live in Milwaukee. lol

I've always thought of this trade in the back of my head but never wanted to say anything lol. Mayo could go into the starting lineup if need be so we could still have Evans off the bench. We have Sanders at the starting C then bring Smith off the bench, which is perfect for Tyreke cause he adds some spacing along with Anderson (when healthy).
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

No real legs just a suggestion. I assume there would be more but it seems like those two have fallen out of favor in Milwaukee. Works contract wise this season

Jrue/MLE
    Mayo/Evans
    Wiggins/Aminu
    AD/Ryno
    Sanders/Smith

Sign me up.

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    Jrue/MLE
    Mayo/Evans
    Wiggins/Aminu
    AD/Ryno
    Sanders/Smith

Sign me up.
    Wiggins OR Parker WITH Sanders?

I'd lose my damn mind.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    Jrue/MLE
    Mayo/Evans
    Wiggins/Aminu
    AD/Ryno
    Sanders/Smith

Sign me up.
    If we got Sanders and Mayo, we wouldn't be able to get Wiggins lol mayo and sanders would help our team alot

Quote Originally Posted by SnowofSX2 View Post
    I've always thought of this trade in the back of my head but never wanted to say anything lol. Mayo could go into the starting lineup if need be so we could still have Evans off the bench. We have Sanders at the starting C then bring Smith off the bench, which is perfect for Tyreke cause he adds some spacing along with Anderson (when healthy).
    I'm fine with your idea, but Tyreke is the opposite of a floor spacer.

As far as the Bucks trade go, looking at it a little more, I could understand somewhat why the bucks might think about it. They would be trading two people that they aren't thrilled about that have long contracts for a guy that would be off the books in another 2 years at the most. Plus there's still that outside chance Gordon could be really good, not to his contract level but good.

I was more kidding than anything. I don't think we will have a shot at Wiggins, even if we trade Gordon for nothing.

I don't love the Sanders/Mayo trade. Sanders is owed 4/$44 beginning next year, and clogs the floor (we've all seen how the offense sputters without Ryno). We would need to find a shooting wing with the MLE to get back that spacing we lose with Sanders on the floor.

I would rather just trade Gordon for expirings, fix the bench, and go from there.

no way they would give up mayo and sanders for over-payed injury prone gordon, we would have to throw something else in

Pels get Asik

Bulls get Gordon

Rockets get Boozer, Dunleavy

All teams get better and rockets after Dunleavy I read somewhere

Some where Good Citizen is just kicking his feet up smiling. Lol. We took so much heat suggesting that keeping Gordon on a max deal was a low percentage move.

I just don't see him providing much value at this point. It was one thing as an injury prone max player. An injury prone max player that's under performing is a whole other ballgame. I thought the time to get value was this past off season. He finally ended the year and was productive leaving hope.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    What the heck, no way I believe the. Bucks give up that much for Gordon. I would crap my pants.
    You are thinking of last year's Larry Sanders. He's had some off the court trouble (bar fight) and has gone from 9.8/9.5 in 27.3 minutes last year to 6.9/6.1 in 26 minutes this year. I never would have guessed the situation with Sanders in Milwaukee could go from so promising to so bad so quickly, but it looks like it has. Considering the raise he's about to get, I actually think Milwaukee would be very interested in Gordon (2 more years at $15) for Sanders (4 more years at $11) and OJ Mayo (2 more years at $8).

Thread Information