Pelicans Report

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9

Thread: "Sources" say Pelicans are pushing Gordon on trade block

Quote Originally Posted by msw2024 View Post
    Anyone else notice...Eric Gordon is playing out of his mind now that he might get traded? IMO I think he is doing it on purpose to go to a playoff team. His heart was never in New Orleans.
    i think u r completely wrong. he is playing better because of the injuries to ryno, tyreke and jrue. he has the ball in his hands more and gets more shots. being more involved in the offence he seems to be more motivated to play harder on the defensive end.

having so many scorers who need the ball is too difficult for a coach like monty. imo when everybody is healthy monty doesn't know how to use their skills efficiently and gordon is the best example of this.

No matter of everything - EG is playin'. And it is the most important. He's increasing his value, it is the sign that he is healthier. Not healthy, but healthier...
    Based on his history in Nola he had better and worse times. Couple of games like these and Charlotte/Denver/Detroit will call Dell and maybe risk something. Hopefully.
    This business is a kind of gamble. Hopefully the final decision (trade) will be the best case scenario.

couple of days ago he scored 9, now he scores 35. on saturday he will score f.e. 16
    and fanbase will react on PR.
    As always...

Quote Originally Posted by DRDJ1 View Post
    To the would be All Star:
    'You're out on the streets looking good,
    And baby deep down in your heart I guess you know that it ain't right,
    Never, never, never, never, never, never hear me when I cry at night,
    Babe, and I cry all the time!
    But each time I tell myself that I, well I can't stand the pain,
    But when you hold me in your arms, I'll sing it once again.

I'll say come on, come on, come on, come on and take it!
    Take it!
    Take another little piece of my heart now, baby.
    Oh, oh, break it!"
    Janis Joplin
    a little morning Janis Joplin! Nice!
    Hornets fan since day 1.

You can always find stats to support your position about a player. I believe the best way to measure a player’s value is to watch opponents’ game plans. How teams plan, prepare and play against you says a lot. Teams are placing their best defensive player against Gordon and are double teaming him to get the ball out of his control. Last night, they defended him with Parsons in the second half. The Spurs guarded Gordon with Leonard but Manu the previous game. It also says a lot about the Pelicans other players.

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    You can always find stats to support your position about a player. I believe the best way to measure a player’s value is to watch opponents’ game plans. How teams plan, prepare and play against you says a lot. Teams are placing their best defensive player against Gordon and are double teaming him to get the ball out of his control. Last night, they defended him with Parsons in the second half. The Spurs guarded Gordon with Leonard but Manu the previous game. It also says a lot about the Pelicans other players.

Quote Originally Posted by pawel View Post
    No matter of everything - EG is playin'. And it is the most important. He's increasing his value, it is the sign that he is healthier. Not healthy, but healthier...
    Based on his history in Nola he had better and worse times. Couple of games like these and Charlotte/Denver/Detroit will call Dell and maybe risk something. Hopefully.
    This business is a kind of gamble. Hopefully the final decision (trade) will be the best case scenario.

couple of days ago he scored 9, now he scores 35. on saturday he will score f.e. 16
    and fanbase will react on PR.
    As always...
    The lowest Gordon has scored in the month of January is 12. Stop making up stuff.

We really struggle with the spelling of offense and defense on this site.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    The lowest Gordon has scored in the month of January is 12. Stop making up stuff.
    Correct, and he is averaging 19.7 points per game in January (on 51% shooting, 49% shooting the 3 and 87% from the line) to go with over 3 rebounds and 3 assists per game.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Correct, and he is averaging 19.7 points per game in January (on 51% shooting, 49% shooting the 3 and 87% from the line) to go with over 3 rebounds and 3 assists per game.
    Efficiency.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    The dude is balling as of late, but people refuse to acknowledge that and the fact that he may be getting to full health/rhythm because they have their hate goggles on. At some point people have to let stuff go.

The guy was hurt and made a few bad PR statements while trying to get paid. Anyone ever think that he did that to over-sell himself because of the injuries? That's his big money contract time and he was going to be lowballed because of his injuries so he made a team feel like he really wanted and was committed to going to drive his price up. Said some dumb things, but at the end of the day, people hated the guy because he was hurt and not producing...now he's not hurt and producing so support him.

If we trade him cool, but enough with the Eric Gordon is a bum or doesn't want to be here stuff, it's out of control.

*took out Nolaslim's post because I believe I read it wrong.

..and who exactly is he playing with to make him more efficient? Outside of AD we have no one to take pressure off. Anyone who scores 23 ppg while defenses key in on you is a baller, no way around it. 23 ppg over the last 5 while shooting over 52%? How much more efficient would you want him to be?
    Last edited by saintsinNO; 01-16-2014 at 11:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by saintsinNO View Post
    ..and who exactly is he playing with to make him more efficient? Outside of AD we have no one to take pressure off. Anyone who scores 23 ppg while defenses key in on you is a baller, no way around it. 23 ppg over the last 5 while shooting over 52%? How much more efficient would you want him to be?
    Whoooaaaa man. It was a compliment.

I was complimenting him on how efficient he has been as the #1. Usually, when someone has to compensate for other injured players, their numbers go up, but their efficiency goes way down. Gordon has managed to increase his numbers, while also maintaining a high level of efficiency. Impressive.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Whoooaaaa man. It was a compliment.

I was complimenting him on how efficient he has been as the #1. Usually, when someone has to compensate for other injured players, their numbers go up, but their efficiency goes way down. Gordon has managed to increase his numbers, while also maintaining a high level of efficiency. Impressive.
    Yeah, my bad dude. Totally misread. I edited right before you posted this.

The dude is balling as of late, but people refuse to acknowledge that and the fact that he may be getting to full health/rhythm because they have their hate goggles on. At some point people have to let stuff go.

The guy was hurt and made a few bad PR statements while trying to get paid. Anyone ever think that he did that to over-sell himself because of the injuries? That's his big money contract time and he was going to be lowballed because of his injuries so he made a team feel like he really wanted and was committed to going to drive his price up. Said some dumb things, but at the end of the day, people hated the guy because he was hurt and not producing...now he's not hurt and producing so support him.

If we trade him cool, but enough with the Eric Gordon is a bum or doesn't want to be here stuff, it's out of control.

He has been playing very well. I have no problem with trading him if we can get some value for him. I am not a fan of trading him for another bad contract.

"Sources" say Pelicans are pushing Gordon on trade block

I support him. I have him on my fantasy basketball team. I want him to do well. I was being sarcastic with his heart was never in New Orleans sorry. It is hard to put sarcasm in text form. It is really ironic how much his play has picked up on offense and defense right before the trade deadline. In the game last night, he was going out to half court to get the ball from Roberts or rivers immediately. He has not done that all year. Jru and tyreke have done it this year while Gordon sits in the corner. The guy has lots of talent. I just think he was being passive at the first of the year or Monty was telling him to play off the ball. Now that jru, ryan, and tyreke are hurt he is playing awesome. Either Monty is not using his talent correctly or he was still getting into basketball form. If EG avg 20-3-3 until mid February will people want to keep him or trade him?
    Last edited by msw2024; 01-16-2014 at 02:13 PM.

Hawes and Turner are available wish we could flip Gordon for em lol
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowofSX2 View Post
    Hawes and Turner are available wish we could flip Gordon for em lol
    If you want Hawes for the expiring OK I get that but I hope you wouldn't want to resign him. I don't think he and AD would go well together.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    If you want Hawes for the expiring OK I get that but I hope you wouldn't want to resign him. I don't think he and AD would go well together.
    AGREED
    SIGN A SF

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    AGREED
    Hmmm, idk, I was thinking Hawes would mesh with him because he spreads the court much like Anderson, yet he plays center. He did have a post-game in college and assume he still does. He has played awesome this season too.

The Sixers would definately win the lottery if they traded Hawes and Wroten for Ryno now.

Then we would be in position to trade whatever guard we could get real value for

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    We really struggle with the spelling of offense and defense on this site.
    I take offence to this...

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    The Sixers would definately win the lottery if they traded Hawes and Wroten for Ryno now.
    Why?

evan turner is a HORRIBLE fit, he is another guard who needs the ball in his hands because he has great handles and can get to the rim but is a terrible jump shooter, him and tyreke evans are the same player

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    it was not about the numbers but about general.
    9 or 12 points? what is the difference?
    He scored 9 in Dec (LAC) - sorry my bad.

btw he scored 12 points 3 times in 9 games in January. But my post was not about making stuff...
    it was about my happiness that he is healthier and that he puts some numbers that might cause reaction from other GM's

but reaction that not give us something lika Charlie V or B. Gordon, but some sweeteners..

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    The answer you seek cannot be stated in stats alone. He has a specially designated contract under the CBA. He is making 25% of the salary cap, those kind of deals are supposed to be reserved for guys who contribute more than just stats to a team.
    Very well said.

Thread Information