Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: {Smoothie King} - Lauscha hints that arena naming rights to be done by All-Star game

Holds Nothing Back Contributor shanetrain93's Avatar
    You're all mad, but I'm hyped!

The Smoothie King name shouldn't be hated on. It's a company headquartered in this metropolitan area with an international presence, commitment to keeping its HQ here, just completed its best year ever in its 40 year history, and has major national and international expansion plans.

Back the money trucks into the loading dock of the arena already, and slap their name on the building. DEAL.

It's not like we're talking about a small business that has locations only in Slidell, Covington, and maybe one on West Esplanade.

Also, I think this is a case where you "buy low". SK is currently in 21 NBA cities and still has major national and international expansion plans. Obviously it's not on the same popularity level as McDonald's or Chick-fil-A but where was Raising Cane's 10 years ago? LSU??? Now they are in cities in multiple states. There is nothing wrong with sponsoring BEFORE you're finished your expansion.

SK will have its name in millions of households next weekend in over 200 countries during the All-Star game. This "legitimizes" the brand in expansion markets that are just getting their first SK store. "Ohh wait they are on an NBA arena so this **** must be alright...I'll try it out."

Some people here just want to find a reason to ***** and not look at the big picture.
    Last edited by PelicanPoop; 02-05-2014 at 10:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    my only problem w/ Smoothie King is how much they charge for a large
    ya know... i was found it interesting that they put the same amount of protein in a small Gladiator as they do a large Gladiator, and the difference is about $3 or so, can't remember exactly. but i remember thinking, that i could pay less AND drink less and get the same benefits post-workout? sign me up.

and their advertising dollars are already hard at work with me airing these thoughts. good job SK Arena!

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    The NBA would not approve them until they did this. It was a requirement of the deal.
    And this takes away from them? I don't think so. It's a lot easier for sponsors like chevron, bank, or software company to just slap their name on the arena. SK made sure it was compliant. They wanted this. I respect that.

Personally I would've gone with the Smoothie King Arena over Center, but that's just my opinion.

Wow. Was some mangosteen madness up in this place.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Wow. Was some mangosteen madness up in this place.

I like the Mangofest

Why are people mad about Smoothie King? Smoothies are awesome

Quote Originally Posted by AD23 View Post
    Why are people mad about Smoothie King? Smoothies are awesome
    I'm not mad, it's there money. I just wish Smoothie King didn't charge so much

My previous joke comment aside, I'm happy that it's not just a local company taking the reigns but an up-and-comer with some serious (inter)national presence already and -- (looking at YOU Popeyes and Canes) -- is dedicated to staying local!!
    asdfghjkl;'

So is it just me or the entire board has gone on "search mode", if you could call it that?

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    And this takes away from them? I don't think so. It's a lot easier for sponsors like chevron, bank, or software company to just slap their name on the arena. SK made sure it was compliant. They wanted this. I respect that.
    Not at all. However, it is not accurate to act as if SK did it on their own in order to be a good citizen. It was a business deal. The NBA would not allow them to enter into the agreement until they did it.

Not at all. However, it is not accurate to act as if SK did it on their own in order to be a good citizen. It was a business deal. The NBA would not allow them to enter into the agreement until they did it.
    Yes but smoothie king made sure to make it compliant to the other major sports as well.

Yes but smoothie king made sure to make it compliant to the other major sports as well.
    Maybe to not call attention to the NBA's list in case it was good for A but not for B.

Look, there was a process and one that was good for all parties. Everyone recognized the benefit, was patient, did it.

This is good, not bad.

Quote Originally Posted by 42 View Post
    Maybe to not call attention to the NBA's list in case it was good for A but not for B.

Look, there was a process and one that was good for all parties. Everyone recognized the benefit, was patient, did it.

This is good, not bad.
    I agree. I'm super happy with this deal.

I agree. I'm super happy with this deal.
    I'm super duper happy. I bet you feel silly now . . . even sillier than me, and I typed duper . . . twice . . .

Press conference about to begin.

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/NOParena_announcement

By removing those items, they became compliant. The items were very minor to their overall product by the way. I think the naming rights deal is a huge win for the Pelicans and the city. I was just pointing out that it was not something they volunteered to do as was assumed.

By removing those items, they became compliant. The items were very minor to their overall product by the way. I think the naming rights deal is a huge win for the Pelicans and the city. I was just pointing out that it was not something they volunteered to do as was assumed.
    Never assumed that. You put words in my mouth. I just said that's an addiitonal touch other types of spondors don't have to do. For example, what did Barclay have to do expect slap down a bunch of cash OR (Oracle, Staples, etc)

Like it

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    Press conference about to begin.

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/NOParena_announcement
    Benson saying Saints instead of Pelicans. ROFL

Benson saying Saints instead of Pelicans. ROFL

Actually never thought about the fact that, it's right before the ESPN game.

Thread Information