Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: {Smoothie King} - Lauscha hints that arena naming rights to be done by All-Star game

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    And that through simple compromise these problems could be changed bc it's clear that one individual is making most of the decisions. When you question man why do the pelicans get made fun of or why are we such easy targets, I said why exactly that is so and that there was prob never any talk about disagreement bc it was already set in stone. The only thing that affects my responses that are non basketball related responses are when somebody makes a stupid comment like yours, I'll respond back.
    Why does Benson have to compromise anything? And to who? You? Really? Why?
    Quote Originally Posted by Conroy View Post
    I feel like I'm wasting my time compared to Sound.
    Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    I think Sound just upped the standards in the league.
    GM of the Year

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    People make too much out of 'being made fun of'. Only a few people are still trying to ridicule the Pelicans name. I don't think I see anyone still trying to make fun of the "plain, boring, bland" uniforms anymore. This too shall pass. LOL.
    Because life is just high school magnified.

Oh no, what if that really hot guy/girl doesn't like me cuz of the silly name my arena and favorite team has? They might make fun of me! Then I'll never get into the fraternity.

Never! Never ever!

@ smoothie king
    SIGN A SF

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Can't wait to get my Lean1 Smoothie during the games!

Okay guys, let's chill on the personal attacks. We should know by now that not everyone will be happy with everything.

Damn, i was posting a gif and the board started telling me i had no permission to be there at all, i actually got scared

Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    Can't wait to get my Lean1 Smoothie during the games!
    I can't wait to get buy 1 get 1 free for scoring 100 points.

Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Great. First it's the Pelicans. Then we turn the embarrassment of our name and focus that embarrassment on our lovely mascot Mr. Pierre the Pelican. But it's not over, let's just name our arena the smoothie king arena, do you have any idea how that is going to sound? I fully understand why this franchise has been labeled as a joke and is targeted to so much ridicule.
    Gimme a break. The team has been looking for a sponsor for years and now some are going to whine because they do not like what company put up millions to do so?

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    What's wrong with promoting a good diet?

This fan base is full of babies.

I am glad we finally got a sponsor regardless who it is! People need to realize that having this sponsor will help with building upgrades and a better fan experience.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Get over yourself MMEmbreno! Personally, I think the fact that we have "smooth" in the name is cool; It's a hell of a lot better than some tech or bank name!

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    I think its a kinda funny and clever name. Its the opposite of boring, local and not a mouthful. Anyone that complains about it is just negative I suppose.
    @DanielVeuleman

This thread is getting more emotional than the Greg Oden signing day thread.

my only problem w/ Smoothie King is how much they charge for a large

Wonder how much they paying Benson.
    This team aint wining nothing with this coach, we can make all the excuses we want. Unfortunately excuses don't win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackaveli View Post
    Wonder how much they paying Benson.
    does he get the $$ since he doesn't own the arena?

Quote Originally Posted by rebelman View Post
    does he get the $$ since he doesn't own the arena?
    Oh Ok I wasn't aware he didnt , thx

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    The team gets the money.

Looks like the arena will have two huge Smoothie King cups at the entrance and the logo on the roof. Two Smoothie King kiosks will be inside:
    http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?story...81&src=desktop

Yes! Now we can get them to pay to change the ugly outside tiling to........

Pink and yellow?

Uh. Nevermind that thought.
    asdfghjkl;'

Quote Originally Posted by eballa1 View Post
    Looks like the arena will have two huge Smoothie King cups at the entrance and the logo on the roof. Two Smoothie King kiosks will be inside:
    http://m.espn.go.com/nba/story?story...81&src=desktop
    I'm excited personally. I was especially excited to read the Smoothe King as a corporation took the time to make sure their menu was Athlete favorable. That just shows Smoothie King is in for the long haul, and not just looking to plaster their logo wherever they can.

New Orleans Pelicans agree to Arena naming rights deal with Smoothie King

Since it opened in 1999, the New Orleans Arena has been without a corporate name.

But on Thursday, it will officially become the Smoothie King Center.

After extensive negotiations that lasted for nearly a year, the Pelicans and Smoothie King agreed to a 10-year naming rights deal that includes an option for the company to renew for an additional 10 years.

``It’s gigantic,’’ Pelicans president Dennis Lauscha said Wednesday afternoon.``Aside from the branding of the team, besides the practice facility, finding a naming rights partner was key to the long-term financial viability of this franchise in this market.We put it right at the top of the list of things that needed to be accomplished.’’

Financial details of the deal were not disclosed. But the total value of the deal is believed to be estimated around $40 million.

A formal news conference is scheduled for Thursday to announce the deal.

The most recent naming rights deal in the NBA came this past August, when the Portland Trail Blazers sold the naming rights to the Rose Garden to Moda Health, a health and dental insurance company that operates in Oregon, Washington and Alaska. The facility is now called the Moda Center.

Smoothie King is headquartered in Metairie and the company has more than 650 locations in the United States and Asia.
    http://www.nola.com/pelicans/index.s..._agree_to.html

I don't like the name but since I don't live in NO I don't care much. I just hope the logo on the court won't be too ugly.

Quote Originally Posted by All Metro View Post
    @ smoothie king
    New Orleans Pelicans are playing in the Smoothie King Arena!! Wow!

Quote Originally Posted by Inner_GI View Post
    I'm excited personally. I was especially excited to read the Smoothe King as a corporation took the time to make sure their menu was Athlete favorable. That just shows Smoothie King is in for the long haul, and not just looking to plaster their logo wherever they can.
    The NBA would not approve them until they did this. It was a requirement of the deal.

Thread Information