Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: {Smoothie King} - Lauscha hints that arena naming rights to be done by All-Star game

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    Lol. Smoothie King.

I've been reading up on Smoothie King since the rumors started floating around this morning. I had no idea the company had grown as much as it has. Seems like a good get and a strong partner for the Pels.
    the Legend has spoken!

Great. First it's the Pelicans. Then we turn the embarrassment of our name and focus that embarrassment on our lovely mascot Mr. Pierre the Pelican. But it's not over, let's just name our arena the smoothie king arena, do you have any idea how that is going to sound? I fully understand why this franchise has been labeled as a joke and is targeted to so much ridicule.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by MMEmbreno View Post
    Great. First it's the Pelicans. Then we turn the embarrassment of our name and focus that embarrassment on our lovely mascot Mr. Pierre the Pelican. But it's not over, let's just name our arena the smoothie king arena, do you have any idea how that is going to sound? I fully understand why this franchise has been labeled as a joke and is targeted to so much ridicule.
    See ya!

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    See ya!
    No I'll see you. I never said anything about dropping the only professional sports team that I actually care about. However, as I mentioned before, It is easy to make fun of this franchise for many reasons, reasons that could've been avoided through compromise in which I have no clue existed or not. Do I like getting made fun of for the team I support or do I like seeing espn bash the franchise like they did for the name, mascot, and like they will for the arena name? Of course not, but how do you not get ridiculed when some of these ideas are just bewildering.

Let em ridicule away. We finally have a team on solid financial footing and is no longer being mentioned in relocation threats. Let em have all the fun they want.

Quote Originally Posted by thechosenuno View Post
    It starts with a C and is not a bank...
    Dang, maybe next time

wow i semi-nailed this! (by reading twitter first lmao)

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    Let em ridicule away. We finally have a team on solid financial footing and is no longer being mentioned in relocation threats. Let em have all the fun they want.
    I agree 100%

Smoothie King is a strong international corporation based in the New Orleans area.

This is a huge step for them and a great get for the team.
    A football game can't stop hurricanes.

It can't fix levees.

Or rebuild houses.

But it can let a city know...

That it's a city once again.

Welcome back, New Orleans.

Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I agree 100%

Smoothie King is a strong international corporation based in the New Orleans area.

People make too much out of 'being made fun of'. Only a few people are still trying to ridicule the Pelicans name. I don't think I see anyone still trying to make fun of the "plain, boring, bland" uniforms anymore. This too shall pass. LOL.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    No I'll see you. I never said anything about dropping the only professional sports team that I actually care about. However, as I mentioned before, It is easy to make fun of this franchise for many reasons, reasons that could've been avoided through compromise in which I have no clue existed or not. Do I like getting made fun of for the team I support or do I like seeing espn bash the franchise like they did for the name, mascot, and like they will for the arena name? Of course not, but how do you not get ridiculed when some of these ideas are just bewildering.
    Seriously, who gives a crap. Let them be butt hurt. I could care less what the talking heads think. I bet it will barely get a mention.

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Southpaw View Post
    I agree 100%

This right here.

You only get ridiculed because you let it get to you. You are really making a big deal out of nothing. I haven't heard anyone bash the name Pelicans in months.

I honestly didn't even know what this smoothie king was so anyway, if we get more stable financially, all the better

Pels put into blender at Smoothie King
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

You only get ridiculed because you let it get to you. You are really making a big deal out of nothing. I haven't heard anyone bash the name Pelicans in months.
    Yeah exactly. Look back in the thread back to all the people that would change their name and be able to deal with the ridicule for 100 grand. It's not high school, if you're an adult and haven't learned to cope with people picking you apart or making fun of you; then it's time to learn.

I was one that would take the money!!!!!!!!!

I was one that would take the money!!!!!!!!!
    Unless i were a multimillionaire, i would as well. Lol

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    At least it's not the "Sleep Train Arena" where fans are put to sleep.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Yeah exactly. Look back in the thread back to all the people that would change their name and be able to deal with the ridicule for 100 grand. It's not high school, if you're an adult and haven't learned to cope with people picking you apart or making fun of you; then it's time to learn.
    Jesus Christ, Mary and {Mod edit-veiled cursing} Joseph, I said as a whole this franchise gets made fun of for the simple things. They are lame, there's no denying that. But my god, your gonna tell me to grow up and it's time to learn? Bc I said I was getting picked on and am in a corner crying? Get the FO. Go babble somewhere else will all that. Picking me apart hahaha, I would like to see half the people on this board "pick me apart". Don't get too carried away.

Jesus Christ, Mary and {Mod edit-veiled cursing} Joseph, I said as a whole this franchise gets made fun of for the simple things. They are lame, there's no denying that. But my god, your gonna tell me to grow up and it's time to learn? Bc I said I was getting picked on and am in a corner crying? Get the FO. Go babble somewhere else will all that. Picking me apart hahaha, I would like to see half the people on this board "pick me apart". Don't get too carried away.
    You made the argument that you didn't like it bc your team got made fun of. Don't get mad when people pick that apart. I can see it has an affect on you by your response. I'll leave you be.

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    You made the argument that you didn't like it bc your team got made fun of. Don't get mad when people pick that apart. I can see it has an affect on you by your response. I'll leave you be.
    And that through simple compromise these problems could be changed bc it's clear that one individual is making most of the decisions. When you question man why do the pelicans get made fun of or why are we such easy targets, I said why exactly that is so and that there was prob never any talk about disagreement bc it was already set in stone. The only thing that affects my responses that are non basketball related responses are when somebody makes a stupid comment like yours, I'll respond back.

Touchiness all around the thread

And that through simple compromise these problems could be changed bc it's clear that one individual is making most of the decisions. When you question man why do the pelicans get made fun of or why are we such easy targets, I said why exactly that is so and that there was prob never any talk about disagreement bc it was already set in stone. The only thing that affects my responses that are non basketball related responses are when somebody makes a stupid comment like yours, I'll respond back.
    Back to the point outside of the insults. the only reason people make fun of our franchise outside of immaturity is our losing. If you can't deal with that at this point as an adult, then i'd suggest you learn how to.

Saint Pelican of Mile High Contributor DefensiveMind's Avatar
    The name sucks, where do we cash the checks?

Thread Information