Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

Thread: {Smoothie King} - Lauscha hints that arena naming rights to be done by All-Star game

Well, its a local company. I didn't even know that until a few months ago. Didn't know they had that kinda bank until now. Got shops in Korea and Singapore.

The King center?

Free Smoothies for STH's?

At least it not called the R.C. Cola Arena or the Aaron's Arena

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    ...I cannot believe that. Not even a little bit as a joke.
    I am right there with u man. I seriously do not want our arena named the smoothie king arena. Oh my word. Please let that be a dam joke. Also I was watching fournette highlight tapes on yt. I see u do the same lol

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I am right there with u man. I seriously do not want our arena named the smoothie king arena. Oh my word. Please let that be a dam joke. Also I was watching fournette highlight tapes on yt. I see u do the same lol
    Yea lets just excuse my rant that gets overlooked and ridiculed ....I care about this site too much lol I need a life.
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I don't know what you're talking about.

>__>
    <__<

Man smoothie king is the ****. Who cares what the arena is called. There'll be smoothies all up in that *****

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Wow lol ..we are really trying to embarrass ourselves and be softest franchise ever right? Like are u freaking kidding me

Oh my The Pellies in the Smoothie King Center! Smh this can't be true. If so, im assuming our alternate uniforms are baby blue, pink, and honey.
    Aren't all of Smoothie King's customers the big dudes who just lifted weights and could crush you if you called them SOFT?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using Tapatalk

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    What is wrong with Smoothie King Center?.. Seriously. Staples Center, Am Way Center, Target Center, Sleep Train Arena, Bankers Life Fieldhouse, Fedex Forum, Air Canada Centre, etc. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...ciation_arenas It's not like any of the other NBA Arena's fit the locale or team name. It's a sponsor plain and simple. I would get uproar it if they went with "Louisiana Seafood Arena Seasoned By Zataran's". The fact is the New Orleans Arena is the only NBA stadium without a major naming rights sponsor. This is one more channel of revenue that makes the team viable in New Orleans. I'll gladly watch the New Orleans Pelicans in the Smootie King Center versus having them leave and become the Seattle Sonics or the Anaheim Mouseketools.

It is overreaction every time.

Pelicans don't sound fierce enough, we will be a laughing stock. Nope.
    Jerseys look too plain, nobody will respect us. Yeah, right.
    Smoothie King Center would be stupid - too feminine. People will laugh. Wrong again.

None of it matters. Jerseys, team names, and arena names have never won an NBA game.

Quick, without looking, what is the Thunder's arena name?

Best team in the West, a "stupid" name most said when first announced and nobody knows the name of the arena. Why? Because none of it matters - this is basketball. Be happy that the owner is getting some money put in his pocket that he will hopefully spend on the team and move on.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by PowerPel View Post
    Don't be surprised, they probably sell a regular Smoothie in Seoul for $32.50. I still don't think it makes too much sense for them - don't know how they expect any sort of return (even just 10%) on a $2-3 million per year commitment for 10 years. That's selling a lot of additional $6-9 Smoothies each year. We should also at least be thankful, Atlanta tried to get him to move there recently and he chose to stay put. FYI: He didn't start SK, just bought it.

Chevron would be the biggest name out there for us. Globally recognized and plenty of capital. They've been a partner for a while. It should be noted as well, they have been a pretty loyal member of our community. They might be the last of all of the majors to not be in Houston - they are HQed in SFO. And while they moved out of their downtown building, they just shifted those people to a very nice custom-built campus on the Northshore - I have heard rumors they might expand that. Also, they shifted their global flagship refinery from San Mateo, CA to Pascagoula and spent billions there. So yes, Chevron would be a great major partner.

I like Carnival - they make sense too. Trying to revamp their image - internationally. They have the capital/revenue for a long-term deal. However, the big drawback is association when something does go wrong on board, like recently with them and Royal Caribbean. They also have partnered with the Saints. They can also be a big addition for pregame and fanfest-type events - they are after all, an entertainment & leisure company.

I love Cane's, but they probably don't have the necessary capital to do a 10 year deal. As with the LA Seafood group. As mentioned, they probably want it for a few grand per year.

Hey, what do you know? No mention of any airline.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Be happy that the owner is getting some money put in his pocket that he will hopefully spend on the team and move on.
    And this is why it's important. Also, the cache that it could bring - whether real or not. And it's Chesapeake Energy Arena - one of the world's largest independent gas exploration and production companies. $40+ billion in total assets and $10+ billion in revenue last year.

Arena deal is 12-year, $3 million per year with a 3% escalation per year clause. Could be wrong, but they probably use that to upgrade players amenities and things like that.
    Last edited by Tip-Off; 02-01-2014 at 09:26 AM.

So allegedly we installed a Smoothie King concession stand in a prominent section of the arena. Looks like it's happening.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by greewe View Post
    So allegedly we installed a Smoothie King concession stand in a prominent section of the arena. Looks like it's happening.
    Can't go by King Arena either, so...

Meh. Whatever. If it happens, it happens. Won't mean a thing one way or the other. Besides, Smoothie King is friggin' great.

I don't mind it. Then again, my youth ice hockey team back in the day was sponsored by Smoothie King. We were the New Orleans Smoothie Kings. Yeah, we were badasses.

Somebody on the other site suggested Smoothie King Dome. If you say it fast it sounds like Smoothie Kingdom.

Soooo....what's so bad with this smoothie king thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Soooo....what's so bad with this smoothie king thing?
    No clue. People want something "bigger" I guess. My dream is they turn the "100 point" fries into a small smoothie, or buy 1 small get 1 free. Still would be a great deal.

This would not be the worst corporate sponored arena out there. That award does to the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville. They could have called it the KFC Center, or if they wanted to be funny the Kentucky Fried Arena, but no, they had to include the corporate owner in there as well. (Yum! Foods)

Escaped monkey island! all2neat's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cki3915 View Post
    This would not be the worst corporate sponored arena out there. That award does to the KFC Yum! Center in Louisville. They could have called it the KFC Center, or if they wanted to be funny the Kentucky Fried Arena, but no, they had to include the corporate owner in there as well. (Yum! Foods)
    That one is bad. I forgot about it because I don't typically watch college hoops until March.

I can roll with it. "Center" is the part that doesn't really roll off the tongue but I'll get used to it.

Quote Originally Posted by cki3915 View Post
    But you got to admit they got the corporate dollars so they really don't care. I remember a while back some people were saying the New Orleans arena maybe named the Louisana Seafood Zatarains Arena. Kind of long too.

there are people walking around changing their names to a company's name for money. Lesson? Sometimes there's enough money to to make you no care about a name.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'd change my name for money.....

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I'd change my name for money.....
    to Smoothie King?

Thread Information