Pelicans Report

Thread: Ryno's Current Trade Value

Ryno's Current Trade Value

In no way am i advocating the idea of trading Ryno. This is more out of curiosity of how GM's think. After Ryno's injury I am wondering what happened to his trade value. Before he got hurt I believe he was averaging 22 points and 7 rebounds while being the #1 FT shooter in the league and one of the best 3 pt shooter, also the best stretch 4 in the league on a great contract.

1. Would a GM still view him as a valuable piece regardless of the injury since all reports are that he will have no long-term effects and be fine because of his great contract = Great Trade Value

2. GM's still think he is a good player but worry about his injury = Decent Trade Value

3. GM's do not think the risk i worth it, regardless of how many points he was putting up, they think the neck injury is too much of a risk = Low Trade Value

Thanks guys

Also i just realized 22 points and 7 rebounds a game, those are phenominal number's plus his contract and character are awesome. Great job and scouting by Dell to get Ryno.

Also if I had to give my answer I would have to say it is 2.5

His trade value cant be the same as it was pre-injury, that's just impossible, but also if he is supposed to come back 100% and a team is willing to wait for his return then I don't think it's a big deal.

Therefor I wouldn't say great or decent trade value, i'd go with good value.

c-c-c-c-combo breaker!
    This is the time of the year where HornetGuru doesn't sleep. He just drinks energy drinks all day refreshing Shamsports, RealGM, PR, and the trade machine. I imagine his room looks like the inside of that guy's in A Beautiful Mind with string connecting pictures and maps.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I imagine his room looks like the inside of that guy's in A Beautiful Mind with string connecting pictures and maps.
    It fits perfectly!

Answering the question: I think it depends on the GM. Some will give the injury more importance than others, so it's kinda difficult to pick a number. Personaly, I say 2. Not because it's going to affect his game (Anderson doesn't rely on athleticism), but because there's the chance that he'll miss time again if he has to get a surgery or something.

Thread Information