Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Who kidnapped the real Jrue and Tyreke?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    my point is that it is not a known fact that this draft WILL be the drat everyone thinks it is, it could infact be a bust. No one knows the future, wiggins could turn into an alcoholic, parker a junkie, u never know, kwame brown was supposed to be the best
    Again this could be the case with anything. Using your far out scenario Davis could choose to give up basketball to be a cross dresser.

Also this isn't a one player draft. You will have a bunch of players going even late that was thought of as high draft picks. This draft is not only looking like a top heavy draft but a deep draft.

my point is that it is not a known fact that this draft WILL be the drat everyone thinks it is, it could infact be a bust. No one knows the future, wiggins could turn into an alcoholic, parker a junkie, u never know, kwame brown was supposed to be the best
    Again this could be the case with anything. Using your far out scenario Davis could choose to give up basketball to be a cross dresser.

Also this isn't a one player draft. You will have a bunch of players going even late that was thought of as high draft picks. This draft is not only looking like a top heavy draft but a deep draft.

The cream of the crop in this draft, as in most, is in the top 5. The pick is top 5 protected, so I dont see the issue. I look at the guys projected to go 8, 10, 10, etc. and see mostly role players.
    @mcnamara247

he sure could, BUT the scenario of jrue holiday being a past all star and maintaining a high elvel is play is very more plausable than some college kid we've never seen in the pro's becoming an all-star, my point is we dont know yet but those players will be until they play in the NBA, we wont know for sure if the trade we made was right or wrong for about 5 more years... maybe more, players develop over time

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    The cream of the crop in this draft, as in most, is in the top 5. The pick is top 5 protected, so I dont see the issue. I look at the guys projected to go 8, 10, 10, etc. and see mostly role players.
    agreed, i do want to find a way to trade into the end of the 1st and take CJ Fair, AKA the next kawhi leonard.

agreed, i do want to find a way to trade into the end of the 1st and take CJ Fair, AKA the next kawhi leonard.
    Thing that makes Kawhi a standout is his freakish wingspan and hand size. Fair has neither. Also, 20 pounds lighter than Kawhi coming out. I don't see the comparison myself, other than they were both poor 3-point shooters in college for wings

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Thing that makes Kawhi a standout is his freakish wingspan and hand size. Fair has neither. Also, 20 pounds lighter than Kawhi coming out. I don't see the comparison myself, other than they were both poor 3-point shooters in college for wings
    athletic, good rebounders, great defenders, neither good college 3pt shooters but great mid range shooters with very good form

I could see players like Aaron Gordon, Noah Vonleh, Wayne Selden, or Rodney Hood being big time sleepers like Steph Curry or Paul George. Not to mention Demps seemed to be in love with Dario Saric. This draft if the guys that are expected to enter declare will not only be top heavy it'll be deep.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    I could see players like Aaron Gordon, Noah Vonleh, Wayne Selden, or Rodney Hood being big time sleepers like Steph Curry or Paul George. Not to mention Demps seemed to be in love with Dario Saric. This draft if the guys that are expected to enter declare will not only be top heavy it'll be deep.
    I'm curious to get another person's opinion of Aaron Gordon....only saw 1 game of him and he looked like a Blake Griffin clone.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    I'm curious to get another person's opinion of Aaron Gordon....only saw 1 game of him and he looked like a Blake Griffin clone.
    I would say Blake Griffin lite. He's about 1.75-2 inches shorter and 15-20lbs lighter. His jumper looks like it a little farther along than Blake's. He might be able to play the 3.

I would say Blake Griffin lite. He's about 1.75-2 inches shorter and 15-20lbs lighter. His jumper looks like it a little farther along than Blake's. He might be able to play the 3.
    He couldn't guard 3's

i do love selden and hood

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    He is 18 until September, It's possible he ends up being around the same size.

I like Dell's moves. I dislike Monty's coaching (A LOT!!!)

You have to give credit to the opponents scouting and game planning. Holiday has faced lots of good defenders including Bradley and Indy guarded him with Paul George.

Evans has zero offensive game beyond dribble, drive and take a wild shoot. He is an open court player not a scheme player. Evans is a one trick offensive pony. Until he develops a shoot teams will layoff and prevent his drives to the basket. The sad part is that he has been in the NBA for years and still can't shoot

Quote Originally Posted by durun View Post
    You have to give credit to the opponents scouting and game planning. Holiday has faced lots of good defenders including Bradley and Indy guarded him with Paul George.

Evans has zero offensive game beyond dribble, drive and take a wild shoot. He is an open court player not a scheme player. Evans is a one trick offensive pony. Until he develops a shoot teams will layoff and prevent his drives to the basket. The sad part is that he has been in the NBA for years and still can't shoot
    ^^^ This
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Thread Information