Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Ryan Anderson Injury

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Ryno is a great 3pt shooter. But he's the only person like him in the league. Other stretch fours are good, but he the best.

And yet, we aren't nearly the best 3pt shooting team in the league. We just gotta get more 3s from guys like Morrow, Miller, Jrue, and even Roberts.

I think some posters owe rekehavoc an apology for dissing on him and making fun when he tried to share inside info he got from his sources in the team. He came on here and immediately upon this injury happening and called this. I think this gives him 100% credibility from here on out but wouldn't be surprised if he decided not to share the info. Since all he gets in return is bs from most u guys.

Quote Originally Posted by kclaboy504 View Post
    I think some posters owe rekehavoc an apology for dissing on him and making fun when he tried to share inside info he got from his sources in the team. He came on here and immediately upon this injury happening and called this. I think this gives him 100% credibility from here on out but wouldn't be surprised if he decided not to share the info. Since all he gets in return is bs from most u guys.
    this

It still burns that he got injured the way he did. Just so stupid and unlucky. I hate it.

And Celtics anouncers were asking for an offenive foul..

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Yeah I didn't understand that one either so I just ignored it. Obviously he is saying Davis, Holiday Evans and Gordon are better. But I don't think best matter's in this case I think the word important does.
    He is our fifth best player and I realize he is a very important player but for some if these guys saying our season is over I don't agree with that .

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    He is our fifth best player and I realize he is a very important player but for some if these guys saying our season is over I don't agree with that .
    He is at least our 3rd best player and might rival Jrue. But more than that he's our 2nd most important player behind Davis. He plays a position we are very thin at, he has a super special set of skills for his position that make him a perfect offensive fit next to Davis, he spaces the floor and pulls a big out of the paint. Maybe if we make a trade and can get more depth we will be ok, but without Anderson there simply isn't enough good players on this team to win a ton of games.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    He is at least our 3rd best player and might rival Jrue. But more than that he's our 2nd most important player behind Davis. He plays a position we are very thin at, he has a super special set of skills for his position that make him a perfect offensive fit next to Davis, he spaces the floor and pulls a big out of the paint. Maybe if we make a trade and can get more depth we will be ok, but without Anderson there simply isn't enough good players on this team to win a ton of games.
    And that's your opinion and I have mine . I do agree Anderson is very important to this team but don't think we should throw in the towel on the season .

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    And that's your opinion and I have mine . I do agree Anderson is very important to this team but don't think we should throw in the towel on the season .
    I honestly don't care because we aren't going to make a deep playoff run this year anyway. No one is advocating we just quit, people are being realistic about how far this team can go this year with Anderson. I take issue with you trying to understate Anderson's important though.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I honestly don't care because we aren't going to make a deep playoff run this year anyway. No one is advocating we just quit, people are being realistic about how far this team can go this year with Anderson. I take issue with you trying to understate Anderson's important though.
    Did you not read I just said Anderson is important to this team !! Try reading before taking issue with something that wasn't said

This team is several pieces away from making a deep playoff run regardless If Anderson is playing or not

http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/p...l-need-surgery

["NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Pelicans forward Ryan Anderson says doctors want him to rest for about two months before they determine whether he needs neck surgery to repair a herniated disk.

Anderson said he is now nearly pain-free with the help of medication, and is optimistic about his long-term future in the NBA. However, he is unsure whether he will be able to play again this season, his sixth.

"Obviously, I want to get back as soon as possible, but this is something that if I got hit again, it could be more than just career ending. I want to be careful about it," Anderson said, speaking publicly Monday night about his injury for the first time since it occurred in a collision with Boston's Gerald Wallace on Jan. 3. "We're going to find out pretty soon how it's healing and depending on if it's healing (on its own), then we'll just keep going with that. But if not, we'll do the surgery."

Anderson, who was taken off the court in traction after the injury, said he never lost feeling in any extremities, but initially had "terrible" nerve pain shooting from his elbows to his fingers, making it difficult to do something as simple as scratch his own nose. ..."]

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Mojo View Post
    http://www.bigstory.ap.org/article/p...l-need-surgery

["NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Pelicans forward Ryan Anderson says doctors want him to rest for about two months before they determine whether he needs neck surgery to repair a herniated disk.

Anderson said he is now nearly pain-free with the help of medication, and is optimistic about his long-term future in the NBA. However, he is unsure whether he will be able to play again this season, his sixth.

"Obviously, I want to get back as soon as possible, but this is something that if I got hit again, it could be more than just career ending. I want to be careful about it," Anderson said, speaking publicly Monday night about his injury for the first time since it occurred in a collision with Boston's Gerald Wallace on Jan. 3. "We're going to find out pretty soon how it's healing and depending on if it's healing (on its own), then we'll just keep going with that. But if not, we'll do the surgery."

Anderson, who was taken off the court in traction after the injury, said he never lost feeling in any extremities, but initially had "terrible" nerve pain shooting from his elbows to his fingers, making it difficult to do something as simple as scratch his own nose. ..."]
    He needs to take all the time he needs to get healthy even if it requires missing the whole season. The last thing he needs is to be another T-Mac (who sucked when he had a bad back).

This guy needs to take the entire year off and however long after that. Basketball needs to be put on the back burner for now. Last thing I want for him is to be paralyzed cause he wanted to rush back. Please Ryno take a year off and get right for your own sake.

This guy needs to take the entire year off and however long after that. Basketball needs to be put on the back burner for now. Last thing I want for him is to be paralyzed cause he wanted to rush back. Please Ryno take a year off and get right for your own sake.
    Agreed. Being a person who has fractured bones in my spine near my neck I know first hand how painful it can be and the different scenarios that could easily happen and cause the worst outcome. I just want him to be healthy and be able to live a good life after a good basketball career and not have lingering neck issues in his 40s because he came back too soon and reinjured it. Praying for Anderson.

The Game Thread Starter j_bones's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by 1ShotSniper View Post
    Agreed. Being a person who has fractured bones in my spine near my neck I know first hand how painful it can be and the different scenarios that could easily happen and cause the worst outcome. I just want him to be healthy and be able to live a good life after a good basketball career and not have lingering neck issues in his 40s because he came back too soon and reinjured it. Praying for Anderson.
    amen!

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Thank you, just saw this. I appreciate it because all I'm trying to do is share information with other big fans of the team. But I do understand that people will doubt me and other posters, and that's okay. Just in the future, people shouldn't give the guy a hard time because I highly doubt anyone really wants to come here and just lie to people. Thanks again kcla, and I'll continue posting anything I hear.

Wait what did he call?

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    Wait what did he call?
    check the first post of the thread

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    check the first post of the thread
    People were questioning that.. Wow. Herniated disk are bad

Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    People were questioning that.. Wow. Herniated disk are bad
    Yep and he was spot on.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    The only one that said he didn't buy it looked like McNamara right after that

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by IamQuailman View Post
    The only one that said he didn't buy it looked like McNamara right after that
    Yeah I think he is confusing with the questioning Havoc took for the Monty Williams and Demarr DeRozan threads

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    Yeah I think he is confusing with the questioning Havoc took for the Monty Williams and Demarr DeRozan threads
    That's what I was thinking too

Thread Information