Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

Thread: Ryan Anderson Injury

Quote Originally Posted by Rheem654 View Post
    This does seem rather unfortunate. Wish him a good recovery. But some possible good news is...#AjincaUnleashed
    #AjincaUnchained

Well this sucks I feel bad for Ryno and hopes he get better but now Monty has an excuse for his questionable coaching all season.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Lose Ryno and get Smith back, lol typical.

PAGING ANTHONY MORROW: ANTHONY MORROW, REPORT TO THE THREE-POINT LINE.

Seriously, while Morrow is a role player, that role is to shoot three-pointers. So far, for whatever reason, he hasn't been afforded many looks and hasn't converted at as high a rate as we would like. But the guy has demonstrated history as a marksman from behind the arc. In the re-configured second unit Evans and the other ball-handlers have to start looking for him and Monty has to draw up some plays to get him looks. Also, we need Jrue and even Austin, Roberts and (gulp) Aminu to put up some more 3 balls. We abandon the arc even more than we already have this season and expect to stay competitive.

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    Thanks guys. I just checked and as it stands right now, there are about 11 teams with records worse than ours.
    So you're telling me there's a chance!

It's going to be time for AD to step up

Without Ryno we are taking less than 10 3pts a game. We aren't going to win many games when we take so few of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Without Ryno we are taking less than 10 3pts a game. We aren't going to win many games when we take so few of them.
    Gordon has to pick up his load now

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    Please don't count on it. I wouldn't put all my eggs in the Gordon basket. The team could step up actually. Not one particular player. The team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    #AjincaUnchained
    Why can't I get Django Unchained out of my head?

Quote Originally Posted by new city champ View Post
    Seriously, while Morrow is a role player, that role is to shoot three-pointers. So far, for whatever reason, he hasn't been afforded many looks and hasn't converted at as high a rate as we would like.
    45% from three isn't good?
    In fact, he's fifth on this list
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by FlyGirl View Post
    Why can't I get Django Unchained out of my head?

Whoops, didn't realize you were trying ha. Thought it worked better than unleashed.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    It's going to be time for AD to step up
    When has he not been stepping up?

He's going to have to do something because he's taking career low attempts from 3pt this year. Not only that but his FTA per game are HALF of what his career high was. You are looking at a guy that is trying to drive but doesn't get calls anymore. He needs to go back to his early years and spot up more.

Quote Originally Posted by RaisingTheBar View Post
    When has he not been stepping up?
    As in more touches for him, most of his points came from garbage points.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Whoops, didn't realize you were trying ha. Thought it worked better than unleashed.
    I was just wondering why unleashed wasn't enough. LOL. Now every since the movie when I hear 'unchained', it's attached to Django.

As in more touches for him, most of his points came from garbage points.
    Garbage points are you serious? Get out of here with that nonsense. Are we talking about the same person? Because I'm genuinely shocked if so.

Garbage points are you serious? Get out of here with that nonsense.
    From the beginning of the season when ryno was out and he was putting up 25pts a game to when ryno came back and he was putting 19 is that better man?

From the beginning of the season when ryno was out and he was putting up 25pts a game to when ryno came back and he was putting 19 is that better man?
    I honestly don't know what you are trying to say. His points when down because Ryno takes 16 shots a game, that's a lot of shots. That's 16 shots per game that not only Davis but Holiday, Evans and Gordon with split between them.

But in no way does that mean most of Anthony Davis' production were "garbage points"

I honestly don't know what you are trying to say. His points when down because Ryno takes 16 shots a game, that's a lot of shots. That's 16 shots per game that not only Davis but Holiday, Evans and Gordon with split between them.

But in no way does that mean most of Anthony Davis' production were "garbage points"
    Do you know what Garbage points are? It's not a bad thing I guess you can call the hustle points also. A lot of put backs missed shots and lobs. We all know he capable of getting of his own shot but was not needed because of ryno. But now that he is out he will have to do it more often.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Our fifth best players goes down and the season is over I don't think so , what other team would think like that .
    Fifth best?

Do you know what Garbage points are? It's not a bad thing I guess you can call the hustle points also. A lot of put backs missed shots and lobs. We all know he capable of getting of his own shot but was not needed because of ryno. But now that he is out he will have to do it more often.
    So now hustle = garbage? lol man I missed something

Even so AD has probably hit just as many jump shots as he has he has put backs. Also the Boston game showed that he has a resemblance of a post game. Brass' d was beautiful and AD made some ridiculous shots/moves. I'm just saying I think you are selling AD a little short in the quality of scoring department. What about FTs are those garbage? He attempts more FTs than anyone else on our team.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Fifth best?
    Yeah I didn't understand that one either so I just ignored it. Obviously he is saying Davis, Holiday Evans and Gordon are better. But I don't think best matter's in this case I think the word important does.

Quote Originally Posted by MistaWhoDat View Post
    Our fifth best players goes down and the season is over I don't think so , what other team would think like that .
    he is not our fifth best player..plus he is our most irreplaceable player on the team

Let's number everything!
    I brought my label gun!

Thread Information