Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Ryan Anderson Injury

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   

Ryan Anderson Injury

I don't want to freak anyone out because I'm still holding out hope my source is wrong, but I'm hearing Ryan is going to be out for a while (a few months). He compared the injury to whatever Peyton Manning had in his neck.

I really hope it turns out to not be true, but just wanted to relay information.

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Update: I got more information and he said they think it's a Herniated Disc; His estimated time frame for recovery was 1-3 months.

I'm sure doctors have to do more evaluations, but I guess this is what they think so far.

Peyton's injury had to do with a disc. Ryno's is being reported as a stinger.

No offense, but I don't buy it. Either way, no need to speculate. We should know by Sunday or Monday at the latest.
    @mcnamara247

I mean, I guess it is possible. Herniated disks are often times misdiagnosed as stingers. Guess the X-rays will tell the story.

Just don't want to believe it, I guess. But with the history of this organization, I am sure it is true.

expect the worst and hope for the best based on the history of this organization...herniated disk?? we saw what back problems did to Peja's career?? yikes...terrible news if true...career-altering injury

G.O.A.T.    Contributor   
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I mean, I guess it is possible. Herniated disks are often times misdiagnosed as stingers. Guess the X-rays will tell the story.

Just don't want to believe it, I guess. But with the history of this organization, I am sure it is true.
    I know, I've seen what was being reported and I was not trying to speculate, I did not intend it to be rude at all. I was just passing on the information I heard, even I truly have hope it isn't true, and I really don't want to believe it.

I guess we'll see, I truly hope I'm wrong for Ryan and the team's sake.

Seems like they are still doing tests. To me, that is a good thing. If it was clear, I wouldnt see the need for more tests. I see more tests as them making 100% sure nothing bad is there.

Just gotta hope.

doesn't sound good to me...it sounded like he was going to be (relatively-speaking) ok after the game

Jennifer Hale ‏@JenHale504 35m
    The @PelicansNBA Ryan Anderson remains in a Boston hospital, undergoing treatment & tests for a cervical stinger. # of doctors evaluating

Jennifer Hale ‏@JenHale504 32m
    Pelicans head trainer Jon Ishop in Indianapolis w/ team, but staff from Nola now in Boston w/ Ryan. Coach MW asks for prayers from all

maybe I am reading too much into things..but when people are still asking for prayers for ryno then I assume it is horrible news after a day later

Thanks for the info. I hope you're wrong...

Geez. That doesn't sound good and makes me really pissed at Wallace.

Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    Geez. That doesn't sound good and makes me really pissed at Wallace.
    He always does this to players, he plays too damn reckless.

New Orleans Pelicans forward Ryan Anderson was diagnosed with a cervical stinger and underwent a series of tests Friday evening and Saturday morning in a Boston hospital, after being injured in Friday’s game against the Celtics at TD Garden. Anderson was taken from the court by stretcher following a collision with Boston forward Gerald Wallace. The Pelicans are now awaiting the results of those examinations, said Pelicans Coach Monty Williams.

According to the website Sportsinjuryalert.com, a cervical stinger is “a pinched nerve in (the) spine. It’s not an uncommon injury amongst athletes in high-contact sports. Generally, athletes who suffer a cervical stinger are allowed to play again after a short period of time.”

“There is testing that has to be done in a situation like that, when you’re dealing with your neck or your back, the spinal region,” Williams said to media in Indianapolis prior to Saturday’s game vs. the Pacers. “You’ve got to go through a number of tests. He had some of that done late last night and early this morning. A number of doctors have to look at the tests. He’s in good hands – we have a few of our people there in Boston with him.”

http://www.nba.com/pelicans/blog/rya...-hospital-1414

I guess I will feel better once all the tests are ran and that news is given.

I'm still pissed at Wallace.

thanks for this post. hopefully they are right

Double blow for me. I made the drive to Lake Tahoe with the intention of betting the Pelicans/Celtics. Made a wager large enough that I was going to have a great trip if the Pelicans covered the spread a terrible trip if the Pelicans didn't. Spread was -3.5 and lost by the hook since the Pelicans only won by 3. Of course I make a bet 7x larger on the Pelicans than my winning one on the Saints +3. I like to think the Pelicans cover one more point without the injury to Ryno. I just pray and hope Ryan is okay.
    Last edited by ItIsRynosTime; 01-04-2014 at 11:59 PM.

I pray ur mistaken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by RekeHavoc View Post
    Update: I got more information and he said they think it's a Herniated Disc; His estimated time frame for recovery was 1-3 months.

I'm sure doctors have to do more evaluations, but I guess this is what they think so far.
    Hoping for the best. Guess praying is the best course of action for now.

Anyone have a video of what happened? I didn't see the injury.

Found it

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BD2-Cu9XG7Y

Man, it looked like barely anything. Sucks :-\

Yeah, the fact that it looks like such a soft hit scares me.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Emilio View Post
    Yeah, the fact that it looks like such a soft hit scares me.
    Soft hit? Wallace ran through Anderson man.

This isn't football where 80% of the body is covered. A big guy running full speed and hitting someone in the back or shoulder is nothing soft about it.
    Last edited by RaisingTheBar; 01-05-2014 at 12:50 PM.

Did anyone see that during the Chargers game one of the defensive players got a neck stinger and they didn't even take his helmet away from him.

Oh now they are taking him to the back to check. Crazy, I hadn't even heard of this condition and now two people in a couple days. Still, the guy has what's suspected to be the same thing as Anderson and he's not in a neck brace or anything.

I'm not an expert but this isn't a situation where no news is good news. This is a lot of testing for something that usually is done quicker. I hope for the best but like mm said our history is bad for injuries.
    @phelpsalot

I agree that it's a lot of testing with no word, and it's more freaking me out because I just watched a Chargers player get one, jog off the field, and come back all without a neck brace.

Thread Information