Pelicans Report

Thread: Darius Miller should start

Darius Miller should start

I'm not saying he's better than Aminu but his liability of offense allows other teams to play 5 on 4. His defense isn't game changing either to say he is highly needed. Throughout the game defenders ignore him and usually put a guard on him who he towers over yet he can't even take advantage.
    Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 01-17-2014 at 09:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    I'm not saying he's better than Aminu but his liability of offense allows other teams to play 5 on 4. His defense isn't game changing either to say he is highly needed. Throughout the game defenders ignore him and usually put a guard on him who he towers over yet he can't even take advantage.
    at this point, we might as well give him a shot. no sure thing aminu will be here next year so try & progress miller

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    I'm all for a change at this point, but I don't think Miller is an upgrade. Obviously a position that needs to be addressed soon.

This is the Prequel to the "Darius Miller is terrible" thread.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    LMAO...

Nah, he's a young project so even if he's terrible those are just growing pains, like for the rest of the team

...right?

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Nah, he's a young project so even if he's terrible those are just growing pains, like for the rest of the team

...right?
    No, he's right. It won't be from any of us. But when he's on the floor and he's missing shots or just not taking them like Morrow or he's fouling people left and right, the threads will come.

As long as there isn't a designed play specifically for him drawn up at the end of the game again, then I'm ok with it.

I say keep Aminu as the starter but make it a more consistent timeshare between him and Miller. Last game was a good start. Miller can provide a spark off the bench.

2nd unit with Aminu would be absolutely horrible because there would be zero floor spacing. Rivers doesn't have a reliable long range jumpshot and needs room to operate, Morrow is streaky, Ajinca is no Jason Smith and Stiemsma is Stiemsma. Add Aminu to that lineup and that unit would struggle to put up points.

Would only work if you start Rivers along with Ajinca. Rivers - Gordon - Miller - Davis - Ajinca as starters and a 2nd unit of Roberts - Morrow - Aminu - Smith - Stiemsma.

I would also start Miller, and for people saying he isn't good at D dude was giving parsons and ginobili fits

not to mention he has PG passing skills and great size at 6"8 235

Well at least the thread isn't "official"...

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Start Miller?
    Possibly. I'm fairly certain some other team will overpay AFA this summer.

More minutes for Miller?
    Definitely. He needs to get more comfortable, same as Rivers. At this point in the season the playoffs are nearly unreachable in the West. Why not develop the young guns?

i like him a ton because he doesnt need the ball, he is great off ball, from 3pt or mid range

Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Start Miller?
    Possibly. I'm fairly certain some other team will overpay AFA this summer.

More minutes for Miller?
    Definitely. He needs to get more comfortable, same as Rivers. At this point in the season the playoffs are nearly unreachable in the West. Why not develop the young guns?
    THIS, said it 100 times, i want 30 minutes a game each for Rivers, Withey and Miller

Quote Originally Posted by WhoDatPelican View Post

took the words out of my mouth
    The most overused words on Pelicansreport.com. Wrongly, I might add.

ELITE - (often used with a plural verb) the choice or best of anything considered collectively, as of a group or class of persons.

GREAT - notable; remarkable; exceptionally outstanding

These words should not be used lightly

Thread Information