Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Pelicans to sign Alexis Anjica?

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He got a chance in both games and was terrible. He was stuck in mud against a quick Houston team.

Again, we need realistic expectations and ceilings for this guy. The ceiling is, and has always been, a solid 4th big. If he can give that, we should be thrilled. People who were talking 'starter' are just setting him up to be a disappointment. If he gives us 500 solid minutes this year, we should be thrilled.
    His only true problem has been fouling and he knows it you can see him address it on twitter. I partly blame that getting adjusted to the rules and playing in euro league. If he could cut that down I think him and AD would be a good parring to protect the paint to much length a size to get through. My hope is for him is to get around 15 min per game once he gets that under control.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    He got a chance in both games and was terrible. He was stuck in mud against a quick Houston team.

Again, we need realistic expectations and ceilings for this guy. The ceiling is, and has always been, a solid 4th big. If he can give that, we should be thrilled. People who were talking 'starter' are just setting him up to be a disappointment. If he gives us 500 solid minutes this year, we should be thrilled.
    4th big:

Who gets cut next season then?
    Stiemsma, Ajinca, Smith or Withey.
    My only concern is that we don't have a solid guy who can bang if they don't re-sign Stiemsma and keep Ajinca.

What happens with Amundson?
    Do you think he is released and for what type of player?

Stiemsma is on a one year deal. He wont be back under any circumstance. Withey and Ajinca compete for 4th big unless we get a guy like Jordan Hill, in which case they compete for 5th big and the other gets traded or put on IR until an injury occurs
    @mcnamara247

I ran into Withey at Rouses a couple weeks back and is that man skinny. Dude is 7ft tall, but he is thin as can be. A strong gust of wind is all needed to knock him over. He needs to put on weight if he wants to stay in this league.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 01-14-2014 at 11:28 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

One of the knocks against Withey was concern that he could put on weight since he was already older and hadn't.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    4th big:

Who gets cut next season then?
    Stiemsma, Ajinca, Smith or Withey.
    My only concern is that we don't have a solid guy who can bang if they don't re-sign Stiemsma and keep Ajinca.

What happens with Amundson?
    Do you think he is released and for what type of player?
    I can guarantee you that Stiemsma and and Amundson will never have a job in New Orleans again if Monty isn't brought back next season.

I was thinking about this guy today. When he first came in, he played well. He seemed to go off his natural feel for the game. I thought to myself, "His performance will probably drop once he tries to adapt to our system." But I don't know if he really is terrible or if he is having trouble with our schemes. I think it is the latter.

When a 7' guy is not on a NBA there's a reason typically. Still adjusting though.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Good point.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    He's been a very pleasant surprise in my book.

Thread Information