Pelicans Report

Thread: 7 days to eat my way through NOLA

7 days to eat my way through NOLA

Hey guys, I thought some of you local New Orleanians might be able to help me out!

I'll be visiting New Orleans for a week in January, and while I've been a couple of times before, I still feel like there's so much of the city I'm yet to experience.

I was wondering if you guys could list some of the can't miss eating spots and anything else I might wanna check out during my stay.

PS I'll also be in town for one of the Pels toughest home stands of the season (GS, SA, Houston).

Thanks guys!

It's Reveillon this month, so you picked a great time

I'd hit the Reveillon menu at Commander's Palace and Nola/Emerils. Eat at Irene's (I think they don't have a Reveillon), lunch at Dookie Chase, pizza for happy hour (3-6 weekdays) at Domenica, fried chicken at Willie May's and Jacque-imo's (sp?)

I can give you more if you're still looking, but that's a pretty good start

Awesome! Thanks for the tips - I'll have to check these places out, I've heard plenty of good things about Emerils

Blog Entries
    A few of my favorites--

Coquette on Magazine. I think their lunch is second to none, but dinner is delicious as well. Lunch has a 3-course special for like 22 bucks or something. Order an additional desert and you'll be really pleased with your decision.

Chinny is right about Jacques imo's. Great stuff. Load up on their corn muffins. So good. When you go, make sure that you finish around 930-10 and then head next door to The Maple Leaf. That place has kick-*** live music every night of the week. See some brass music or funk there, if you can. Those two places in one night is pretty much reason number one that some people live in New Orleans.

Head to Bullet's sports bar (bigdub's bar) in the 7th ward on Tuesday night. Kermit Ruffins and his band start around 6 or 7 and absolutely crush it. You can get great BBQ or cajun food on site. I drive 15 minutes every Tuesday for this show, and it's worth it every week. Shoot me a message before you come and I'll save you a spot at our table if you want.

Make sure you see some live music at frenchman. Blue Nile and Snug Harbour are two of my favorites.

Best of luck. It's a great city. Avoid the tourist traps and bourbon (except one or two nights) and you just might learn what it means to love New Orleans.
    audaci favet fortuna (Thanks, Harvey)- Fortune favors the bold.
    R.I.P. to HunnyB/FlyGirl
    Bourbon Street Shots
    Saints247
    @GerrityJoe

My Real Estate Brokerage--WeSellNola.com
    My Vape Stores-- Crescent City Vape

Joe you're a legend - thanks heaps for this. I can't wait to get over there!

Great, Thanks for the tips, I would love to go there.

Your awesome man, i lived in NOLA most of my whole life and ive always wanted to do what your doing, great stuff and please post your favorites! I will definetly live the true new orleans way when i return
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

Aloha, Thanks for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by Joe Gerrity View Post
    A few of my favorites--

Coquette on Magazine. I think their lunch is second to none, but dinner is delicious as well. Lunch has a 3-course special for like 22 bucks or something. Order an additional desert and you'll be really pleased with your decision.

Chinny is right about Jacques imo's. Great stuff. Load up on their corn muffins. So good. When you go, make sure that you finish around 930-10 and then head next door to The Maple Leaf. That place has kick-*** live music every night of the week. See some brass music or funk there, if you can. Those two places in one night is pretty much reason number one that some people live in New Orleans.

Head to Bullet's sports bar (bigdub's bar) in the 7th ward on Tuesday night. Kermit Ruffins and his band start around 6 or 7 and absolutely crush it. You can get great BBQ or cajun food on site. I drive 15 minutes every Tuesday for this show, and it's worth it every week. Shoot me a message before you come and I'll save you a spot at our table if you want.

Make sure you see some live music at frenchman. Blue Nile and Snug Harbour are two of my favorites.

Best of luck. It's a great city. Avoid the tourist traps and bourbon (except one or two nights) and you just might learn what it means to love New Orleans.
    Thanks for the tips.

Thread Information