Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Realistic Trade for a Center?

I think Hawes would be a decent pickup but my God, I hate Hawes. I jus thave this inexplicable burning hate for that dude. His personality rubs me the wrong way. His game is like a nasty, scrappier, better shooting Smiht
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    I think Hawes would be a decent pickup but my God, I hate Hawes. I jus thave this inexplicable burning hate for that dude. His personality rubs me the wrong way. His game is like a nasty, scrappier, better shooting Smiht
    i can't stand true 7' era that stand on the 3 point line; but maybe that's just me.

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    they are his per 36 but i dont think its fair to compare a guy who gets 33 minutes vs a guy who gets 38, like i said i dont like per 36 for bench players but for starters who are getting over 30 mins a game i think it is very useful, and that is what he would be putting up, even more if he was getting 37 mins a game like some do.
    There's a reason he's not getting those minutes or hasn't logged over 30 mpg on any relevant team. In fact, the only time he's averaged over 30 is this year and it's on this God awful team.

I hear u, I'm not saying he is an all pro but the dude is producing

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    It's been a while since Ayon. Where's Dell and that international scouting? There's gotta be a 6'11"+ big from Arstozka or something.
    Glory to Arstozka.

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    I hear u, I'm not saying he is an all pro but the dude is producing
    Except for last night in 27 min where he had a dud

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BallSoHard View Post
    i can't stand true 7' era that stand on the 3 point line; but maybe that's just me.
    Dude, why you hating on Mehmet Okur? Dude straight BALLS OUT, that 24&11 statline is out of this world. It's why I make a move for him

Pass-First Point Center Caffeinedisastr's Avatar
    Hawes can give us what Aminu can't. Rebounding AND a respectable jumpshot.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Spaniard's Avatar
    I think we need an athletic defensive center. Scoring has not been an issue. But we don't defend. I don't have any good solutions, but we need a Tyson Chandler, Noah type of center in a bad way.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Caffeinedisastr View Post
    Hawes can give us what Aminu can't. Rebounding AND a respectable jumpshot.
    So if Hawes was a SF that would be fantastic, but he isn't.

Yea Hawes would be nice, but I agree with others that a Defensive minded rebounding Center like Asik would be a much better fit for this team. If we're giving up assets, may as well be for a player that really fits the current make-up of the team.

P.S. "SharlieCheen" (poster above)...that sig is freakin hilarious, lol. That's the exact reaction I'd expect from him, too, hahaah.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Hawes would be my main target. Dont think he is in Philly long term, and I think he is Smith if Smith extended his range to 3.

If Boston would give up a pick for Rivers, I offer Philly that pick, Aminu, and Stiemsma. Dont know what the want for him, but he is the guy I go after.

Put me in bed with this idea. I have to think that if you bring in a center you will want one that can be brought up to speed with ease, and Hawes is familiar with Jrue. Add in the fact that Hawes isn't that bad a shot from outside either, he would be a nice addition to the starting unit, and wouldn't kill us on defense (the man knows how to protect a rim). His salary wouldn't be crazy high either as I imagine you could have him for a little more than a song right now.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information