Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans Dec 15 Trade Updates

Jimeert Freedet 4 Prez IamQuailman's Avatar

Pelicans Dec 15 Trade Updates

Anyone see hear/see something about trades today, post em up! If you smellllllllllllllllllll what the Demps is cookin!

I thought something exciting might happen today... Boring.

Nothing to take my mind off another mailing it in Saints game : /

Teams have two months to get better offers than are on the table right now. No need to rush. Heck, half the teams don't even know if they are buyers or sellers yet. History says 1-3 deals will be done prior to mid-February, and we have already had a big one. The majority of the moves happen in February.
    @mcnamara247

Quote Originally Posted by JrueDat View Post
    I thought something exciting might happen today... Boring.

Nothing to take my mind off another mailing it in Saints game : /
    tell me about it

maybe it'll be a late thing and we see aminu not play the game because a trade will be announced, details being worked out, who knows

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Teams have two months to get better offers than are on the table right now. No need to rush. Heck, half the teams don't even know if they are buyers or sellers yet. History says 1-3 deals will be done prior to mid-February, and we have already had a big one. The majority of the moves happen in February.
    what was the big one?

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    what was the big one?
    I think he means the gay trade.

what was the big one?
    Rudy Gay!

Rudy Gay trade

The only mini rush there is would be teams trying to get a deal done before Dec. 19th so the guys traded are eligible to be traded again before the trade deadline in February

oh ok i thought he meant for the pels, my bad

monty did talk about dec 15th and waiting for that day to improve the SF position, which is why i was waiting for a deal to be done today

The Franchise
    monty did talk about dec 15th and waiting for that day to improve the SF position, which is why i was waiting for a deal to be done today
    Link to this?
    Follow me on Twitter - www.twitter.com/ryinthehottub

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

No, he said that was one of the things discussed, and that December 15th was the first day some guys became eligible. But again, it is like any negotiation. You look for the best deal. In most cases, the best deal is not available now. I think we might see a deal or two between now and early January, but the majority of deals will come in mid-February

No, he said that was one of the things discussed, and that December 15th was the first day some guys became eligible. But again, it is like any negotiation. You look for the best deal. In most cases, the best deal is not available now. I think we might see a deal or two between now and early January, but the majority of deals will come in mid-February
    well ya i know what it meant but it sounded like he was alluding to them waiting for it to make a move IMO

Asked if New Orleans is considering filling the opened roster spot with someone, Williams said: “There’s a chance. Dell (Demps) and I have been talking about a number of things. Dell and his staff have been looking at everything. That’s what everyone’s doing with this Dec. 15 thing coming up.” Sunday (Dec. 15) is the first day that players who signed new contracts in the offseason can be plugged into trades.

Yeah it definitely sounded like he was hinting at something but then again doesn't seem like Monty to allude to anything. I don't want to rush the process and I want to take the best trade available but I also don't want to wait to long and have it through off chemistry to the point it ruins our playoff chances. That is assuming we are in the playoff hunt at the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Ludiculous View Post
    Yeah it definitely sounded like he was hinting at something but then again doesn't seem like Monty to allude to anything. I don't want to rush the process and I want to take the best trade available but I also don't want to wait to long and have it through off chemistry to the point it ruins our playoff chances. That is assuming we are in the playoff hunt at the time

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    good post, i feel the same

I don't think anybody we might acquire will be a one year mercenary, so I can wait. Jump on the right deal if it presents itself, but again, if a team is gonna give someone away for expirings, why do it now? That deal will always be there. See if you can get more for the next two months

If it is any consolation, it looks like the Asik deal will be done this week (before the 19th). Said to be a three-team deal, though the other two teams are not known.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    Sounds like Philly

I don't think anybody we might acquire will be a one year mercenary, so I can wait. Jump on the right deal if it presents itself, but again, if a team is gonna give someone away for expirings, why do it now? That deal will always be there. See if you can get more for the next two months
    I dont want to do a trade just to do a trade and I don't want to get a one year mercenary. I def want someone that's going to help this program. So ill take it whenever it happens. But if I got to pick a time for it to take place (like the ideal trade for us) I want it to happen sooner than later.

If it is any consolation, it looks like the Asik deal will be done this week (before the 19th). Said to be a three-team deal, though the other two teams are not known.
    For nearly a month, Morey has made his way around NBA showrooms and talked about deals. By his self-imposed Thursday deadline, he will be ready to buy. Morey would not discuss his plans, but a person with knowledge of the Rockets' thinking said Morey set his Dec. 19 deadline in part because he knows he has an offer he is willing to take. Though things can change several times by Thursday, that individual said "it very likely will be a pretty complicated, three-way deal. There are a lot of moving parts." - See more at: http://hoopshype.com/rumors.htm#sthash.XQHCYRvS.dpuf

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

Quote Originally Posted by AD23forMVP View Post
    Sounds like Philly
    ...or Boston.

Well, I guess this can go in here.

Watching the Minny/Celtics game tonight, I heard Heinsohn mention that Ainge was interested in Rivers. Didn't really elaborate, and Heinsohn is definitely not the guy to listen to about stuff, but thought it was worth mentioning.

Max Contract Contributor AD23forMVP's Avatar
    It's all over twitter.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Rivers for Jeff Green. Let's go!

...or how about Rivers for MarShon Brooks?

Thread Information