Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Goran Dragic

Goran Dragic

is the truth! dude has gone off since taking over the starting role for Houston

16.7 ppg
    50.3 % FG
    9.2 apg
    3.5 TO
    42 % 3pt

over the past 11 games

i've wanted this dude forever, and wondered why hes never gotten a chance to be a starter. really hope we go after him in the offseason

Last edited by speedyG; 03-28-2012 at 07:49 PM.

Yea... we almost had him.

He's an UFA this offseason. We wanted him in the LA deal, so I think we go after him hard in FA. Like his game a lot.

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    He reminds me alot of Steve Nash, as far as court vision and lane driving, which makes sense as he was playing under Nash to begin his career if memory serves.

I'd love to have this guy as well.

Make it happen Demps!

Unfortunately I think Houston have too much cap space to just let him walk next season.
    I can't see us trading Jack or Vasquez so I dont really see a need for him.

Maybe if we swing JJ to back up SG we could possibly have:

Dragic/Vasquez
    Gordon/Jack/Beli
    Ariza/Aminu/Henry
    Hornets pick/Smith/Ayon
    Okafor/Minny pick/Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. West View Post
    He reminds me alot of Steve Nash, as far as court vision and lane driving, which makes sense as he was playing under Nash to begin his career if memory serves.
    yea hes also a really good defender, and can play off the ball and is money from 3, would love to have him next to EJ

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_HORNET View Post
    Unfortunately I think Houston have too much cap space to just let him walk next season.
    I can't see us trading Jack or Vasquez so I dont really see a need for him.
    Lowry is probably still the man there, and hes on a long term deal so i doubt they match anything too high for Dragic

Quote Originally Posted by rbow. View Post
    Lowry is probably still the man there, and hes on a long term deal so i doubt they match anything too high for Dragic
    This. They've gone as far as to deem Lowry untouchable, so I don't think they'd be willing to overspend for Dragic.

"I'm not going to allow my putative owner to answer that question, this is an NBA related press conference. Paul Tagliabue and Roger Goodell have collectively sung their praises of Tom and if uh ESPN has a problem with that tell Mr. Skipper to call me at my office."

I wrote this about you Mr. West's Avatar
    How much do you guys think Dragic is worth? What would be overpaying for him?

I would offer 3 years 21 million. Wouldn't go more than 24 million and even the 21 million may be my limit.

Emeka Okafor - Joe Smith - Carmelo Anthony - Manu Ginobili - Jason Williams

Al Jefferson - James Posey - Aaron McKie - Shaun Livingston

7 mil a year for dragic? I like him too but I think that's too much. He's only making 2 mill now. 5 mil a year will be my limit I think.

Quote Originally Posted by ATR22 View Post
    7 mil a year for dragic? I like him too but I think that's too much. He's only making 2 mill now. 5 mil a year will be my limit I think.
    7 million is a lot, but if he keeps up his current play and Lowry doesn't come back soon, then I can see him getting that. He's on pace for a win share close to 5 and that values anywhere from 8-10 million in the current market. The only issue is he's been inconsistent in his young career.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    The only issue is he's been inconsistent in his young career.
    he's been used mostly as a scorer off the bench.

edit- ignore the numbers i had posted here, copy and pasted from someone else and they were wrong

who would you guys prefer between Dragic, Jack, and Lillard/Marshall/Wroten? for me its between Dragic and Lillard, but if Dragic keeps this up then I have to lean more toward him
    Last edited by speedyG; 03-29-2012 at 09:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hornets78 View Post
    7 million is a lot, but if he keeps up his current play and Lowry doesn't come back soon, then I can see him getting that. He's on pace for a win share close to 5 and that values anywhere from 8-10 million in the current market. The only issue is he's been inconsistent in his young career.
    I understand and follow your points but 7 mil a year would be giving starter's money to a guy who has never consistently proved himself as a starter since coming into the league. (Not saying he isn't capable but don't want to start over paying for players)

he's been used mostly as a scorer off the bench, when he gets 30+ minutes his numbers over 19 games:

15.8 ppg | 4.7 rpg | 10.1 apg (2.7 topg) | 1.6 spg

50.3% FG | 45.1% 3PT | 76.9% FT

who would you guys prefer between Dragic, Jack, and Lillard/Marshall/Wroten? for me its between Dragic and Lillard, but if Dragic keeps this up then I have to lean more toward him
    I think he can be a starter in this league, but it is a risk to give him starter's money. I would prefer him over Jack. I like Lillard as well. Lillard would be cheaper next season.

Best case scenario, IMO, is we get Dragic in the offseason (use the money we save from Landry's expiring), and assuming we don't get the #1 overall pick draft MKG with our 1st pick and Sullinger with our 2nd pick. Re-sign Kaman to an $8-10 million dollar deal.

Dragic, Jack, Vasquez
    EJ, Henry, Belinelli
    Ariza, MKG, Aminu
    Sullinger, Ayon, JSmith
    Okafor, Kaman

We could try to trade Ariza, Okafor, and Jack, but I'm not going to even go there right now. I really think we could pick up another draft pick or two with those assets.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post
    Best case scenario, IMO, is we get Dragic in the offseason (use the money we save from Landry's expiring), and assuming we don't get the #1 overall pick draft MKG with our 1st pick and Sullinger with our 2nd pick. Re-sign Kaman to an $8-10 million dollar deal.

Dragic, Jack, Vasquez
    EJ, Henry, Belinelli
    Ariza, MKG, Aminu
    Sullinger, Ayon, JSmith
    Okafor, Kaman

We could try to trade Ariza, Okafor, and Jack, but I'm not going to even go there right now. I really think we could pick up another draft pick or two with those assets.
    Honestly, I like that except for signing Kaman to 8-10 million. I would let him go and rotate between Okafor, Sully, Ayon, and Smith. Letting him go would give us more cap room to go after Dragic and Gordon. Plus, I don't want someone making 8-10 million coming off the bench. Also, I think Belli will get around 5 million which is not bad, but we also we need to save as much as possible. Plus, I like Henry as the backup SG next season.

Really, take away Kaman and Belli, that roster is pretty excellent for next season.

Quote Originally Posted by nolaslim213 View Post

Dragic, Jack, Vasquez
    EJ, Henry, Belinelli
    Ariza, MKG, Aminu
    Sullinger, Ayon, JSmith
    Okafor, Kaman

i love that, and yea i think we should trade Jack if we pick up another PG, i like Vasquez as the backup. no way Beli is worth 5 mil imo..

we could possibly amnesty/trade Okafor and try to get someone like Ian Mahinmi cheaper, or draft a C. I like Oak but i feel like that money could be put to much better use

i love that, and yea i think we should trade Jack if we pick up another PG, i like Vasquez as the backup. no way Beli is worth 5 mil imo..

we could possibly amnesty/trade Okafor and try to get someone like Ian Mahinmi cheaper, or draft a C. I like Oak but i feel like that money could be put to much better use
    I have a feeling we may get something done with Sacto for Okafor. They need a defensive center badly, and they have a lot of cap space.

yea i could see them wanting him, but they dont really have anything to give up

yea i could see them wanting him, but they dont really have anything to give up
    We'd mostly be happy with the cap space and a prospect - maybe Hassan Whiteside. I'd love that deal.

impressed me in the 2010 western conference finals with the Suns vs Lakers. he had some crazy moves

wouldnt mind having him on the team

an MKG-Sully draft is really good for us. But resigning Kaman when we still have Okafor? i dont think thats the right move. we will then have Okafor, Kaman, Ayon, Smith and Sully fighting over minutes every night. Id rather we spend the "Kaman money" on Dragic. He and Jack can split the PG duty with Vasquez as our 3rd PG. Jack can also spend time as a backup SG.

A rotation of :
    Dragic - Jack, Vasquez
    EJ - Henry
    MKG- Ariza
    Sully - Ayon
    Okafor - Smith

the only thing that worries me with that lineup is how small our starting frontcourt is. maybe we really need to get rid of Okafor and resign Kaman.

My dream would be of course #1 overall pick Davis, if we miss on the #1 overall do we dare package our 2 #1's for him?

Thread Information