Pelicans Report

Thread: If we ended up with the 3rd pick in the draft who would you want?

If we ended up with the 3rd pick in the draft who would you want?

Just curious to know not saying we wont make the playoffs. But if we ended up winning the lottery and received the 3rd pick who would you want the team to go after?

Amusing Wiggins and Parker where off the board already

I'll would want Joel Embiid he gets comparison to Hakeem but wont be nearly as good but has a similar game. He is a legit 7'0 240 and would be a great match with AD down low with AD shooting and driving and his post game.

Last edited by 504ByrdGang; 12-17-2013 at 03:27 AM.

trade the pick for something the team needs

Quote Originally Posted by eliczone View Post
    trade the pick for something the team needs
    You could bring in a superstar with that type of pick who though?

Quote Originally Posted by 504ByrdGang View Post
    You could bring in a superstar with that type of pick who though?
    This would be a tricky trade. Center prospects off the top of my head are Monroe, Drummond, Sanders, Hortford; though Drummond would be my ideal choice. Small forward I would consider moving up by offering Gordon and asking for a sure fire backup in return with the pick that would land us Parker/Wiggins. I honestly don't know who else we could grab at SF who would be so good both short and long-term that we wouldn't be better off just grabbing best player available.
    Last edited by Smow-; 12-17-2013 at 03:00 AM.
    Jrue dat

Quote Originally Posted by Smow- View Post
    This would be a tricky trade. Center prospects off the top of my head are Monroe, Drummond, Sanders, Hortford; though Drummond would be my ideal choice. Small forward I would consider moving up by offering Gordon and asking for a sure fire backup in return with the pick that would land us Parker/Wiggins. I honestly don't know who else we could grab at SF who would be so good both short and long-term that we wouldn't be better off just grabbing best player available.
    No matter how good of a offer that is those two have been hyped up as game changers so I doubt any team would let us move up. Another good sf prospect is Rodney Hood but he is not nearly on the same level as wiggins and randle. If you are going for the best talent after those to are picked I would say it is Julius Randle a pf and Dante Exum a pg (he is 6'6 and get compared to westbrook but if you're a 6'6 westbrook you're a sg) so I believe he will be a sg in this league.

Jimmy Butler, Nikola Mirotic, Tony Snell and the future pick that Chicago owns from Charlotte
    @mcnamara247

Any one of the big 3 in this draft: Wiggins, Randle, or Parker

"I don't know if people know — I dislocated my pinkie finger. And [Tyreke] told me, 'You wanna go home or you wanna be here?' I want to be here. And he said, 'All right, then go tape it up and let's play. Let's go. We not stoppin' at no stores. Straight gas. That's what we do, just keep going.'"

http://thebasketbawlblog.com/

Embiid and it's not close.

Shoots 66% from the field. Great rebounder. Elite defender. PER of 29.1. ORtg of 124.4, and DRtg of 86.5. That's an absurd difference of 37.9 points per 100 possessions when he's on the floor. And Kansas has played a brutal non-conference schedule. His only flaw so far is that he fouls WAY too much.

He'll be like Tyson Chandler (low usage, absurd efficiency, elite defense), but more of a very rich man's Tyson Chandler.

The best part? This is only his third year playing basketball.

I think I would pick Exum, Randle or Embiid. I think Exum could play SF in a small lineup

Embiid or randle, whichever is bpa

I loved Smart going into the draft. I wanted us to land him. Besides the trade MM made which I would do in a second, I think Smart could still be very good on this team if we moved Gordon. I know he's a point but how much would it really bother you if we ran a two PG backcourt like Phoenix?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Uhm...couldn't care less since we won't get the 3rd pick

Embiid or Randle. Wouldn't matter either way.

Yea that Embiid guy looked awesome from that video. Remember hearing of him but that's the first footage I'm seeing from his college play so far. Looks like a guy that would be better than anyone we could pick up in trade or free agency. Embiid / Davis front-court (along with surrounding quality players like Holiday/ Gordon/ Evans) would set a championship-competing foundation for the franchise.

Like clockwork, Chad Ford just updated his big board. He has Embiid at 3:

Quote Originally Posted by Chad Ford
    Embiid has made his way into KUs starting lineup, and while his numbers dont scream No. 1 pick, every time hes on the floor hes a game changer. No one thought Embiid would be this far along so early. He seems to be getting better by the game and had a career-high 18 points against New Mexico on Saturday. While he might be a bit of a risky No. 1 pick, the upside is evident. Im not sure theres a player in this draft who could be more dominant if he lived up to his potential.
    http://insider.espn.go.com/nba/draft...ante-exum-fall

He's been NBADraft.net's number 3 for a while now, and is at number 4 at DraftExpress.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurgan View Post
    Uhm...couldn't care less since we won't get the 3rd pick
    You know, you're right. The chances are VERY slim. But it's fun to speculate, don't you think? Just like the MegaMillions drawing tonight, I know I'm throwing away $5 to buy tickets, but it's fun to think of the possibilities. So, I buy tickets. Because I can. And since this is free, I'll speculate a little....

I don't know what I'd do, keeping the pick or trading it both have their appeal. If you kept the pick, the BPA would have to be NBA ready and preferably play the 3 or the 5, but I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor. Embiid, although raw, seems to have an enormous upside. It'd be great to have him and AD on the floor at the same time. Parker is said to be NBA ready and would fit nicely into the starting lineup on the wing.

The trade MM proposes is very intriguing. If Chicago would be willing to do that trade, it'd be very hard to say no to. But I doubt they would want to include Mirotic in the deal. Even if they did, the Pels would probably need a guarantee from Mirotic that he would be willing to come to the US to play. You'd think he'd be able to command at least $8 million per year, and then having to pay Butler for his second contract the Pels may be getting too close to tax territory for their liking. But if Dell could figure out a way to make the money work, then I think he would want to continue with his "young veteran" philosophy. Let's hope Dell is forced into having to make that decision next June.

In the end, I'd end up drafting the rookie and going with his upside and rookie scale contract.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    Randle.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomdda View Post
    You know, you're right. The chances are VERY slim. But it's fun to speculate, don't you think? Just like the MegaMillions drawing tonight, I know I'm throwing away $5 to buy tickets, but it's fun to think of the possibilities. So, I buy tickets. Because I can. And since this is free, I'll speculate a little....

I don't know what I'd do, keeping the pick or trading it both have their appeal. If you kept the pick, the BPA would have to be NBA ready and preferably play the 3 or the 5, but I wouldn't let that be the deciding factor. Embiid, although raw, seems to have an enormous upside. It'd be great to have him and AD on the floor at the same time. Parker is said to be NBA ready and would fit nicely into the starting lineup on the wing.

The trade MM proposes is very intriguing. If Chicago would be willing to do that trade, it'd be very hard to say no to. But I doubt they would want to include Mirotic in the deal. Even if they did, the Pels would probably need a guarantee from Mirotic that he would be willing to come to the US to play. You'd think he'd be able to command at least $8 million per year, and then having to pay Butler for his second contract the Pels may be getting too close to tax territory for their liking. But if Dell could figure out a way to make the money work, then I think he would want to continue with his "young veteran" philosophy. Let's hope Dell is forced into having to make that decision next June.

In the end, I'd end up drafting the rookie and going with his upside and rookie scale contract.
    Exactly it's all just fun speculation and don't forget the bulls did receive the #1 pick with a slim chance.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! NOLa.'s Avatar
    Joel would be a prospect to look at #1.

Quote Originally Posted by NOLa. View Post
    Joel would be a prospect to look at #1.
    We are about to see a large infusion of top notch talent in the league. Crazy.

Thread Information