Pelicans Report

Page 57 of 61 FirstFirst ... 7 47 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,425 of 1505

Thread: Official Fire Monty Thread

Hall of Famer ScoutWithoutClout's Avatar
    mark. jackson.
    Last edited by ScoutWithoutClout; 07-01-2014 at 04:33 AM.
    "These are my new shoes. They're good shoes. They won't make you rich like me, they won't make you rebound like me, they definitely won't make you handsome like me. They'll only make you have shoes like me. That's it."—Charles Barkley

Si se puede.
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by ScoutWithoutClout View Post
    mark. jackson.
    Probably would have been worse than Gentry...

Familiarity breeds contempt. But I digress...

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    It just shows a lot of people have limited knowledge when it comes to this sport when they spout off about not only being wrong about firing Monty but that we should bring him back.

The same sort of stuff that you hear when someone says "Let's re-sign a player we had before" but then, we traded then re-acquired Quincy Pondexter and then the Saints re-signed Jahri Evans, and the best LSU could do with two months is promote the interim coach, so having limited vision is just the Louisianian way.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by P_B_&_G View Post
    Familiarity breeds contempt. But I digress...
    That reminds me of Maximo Park

Was Monty a great head coach? No.

Was he better than what we have now? Absolutely.

Did we fire the wrong man? I don't need to answer that.

Quote Originally Posted by RUFshreve View Post
    Was Monty a great head coach? No.

Was he better than what we have now? Absolutely.

Did we fire the wrong man? I don't need to answer that.
    Was it a good decision to fire him? - yes
    Was the right coach employed ? - no

Banned
    Mods edit Monty to say Gentry

kthx

Monty should've never been fired, he was coming into his own

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Monty should've never been fired, he was coming into his own
    Really?

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    I think majority would have given Monty one more year if they could go back in time.

Quote Originally Posted by PolishFan View Post
    Once again it all leads back to Demps. He can't even get the coaching hire right. He is at the core of this team's shortcomings.
    Last edited by DaFranchise80; 12-24-2016 at 08:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Champ View Post
    I think majority would have given Monty one more year if they could go back in time.
    I wouldn't

Quote Originally Posted by DaFranchise80 View Post
    Once again it all leads back to Demps. He can't even get the coaching hire right. He is at the core of this team's shortcomings.
    Yes it does

I wouldn't. Just because Gentry sucks more doesn't mean Minty didn't suck. We hired the wrong guy.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    The revisionism is strong with a few folk.

I still remember the complains about our stagnant offense. The fact that despite Monty being a defensive coach, our defense was never a strength. The only thing Monty did really well was plays out of timeouts and he got he most of our players, sure. But that has a finite limit.

Monty had reached his apex and he wasn't good enough to reach the next level. It's not like we didn't give him five whole seasons. We did what LSU should've done with Les Miles three or four years ago. You don't always fire a coach because you think he's awful or the worst coach in the NBA or whatever nonsense superlatives that makes it easier to advocate firing someone.

Sometimes it's because you don't see any way up from a certain point but to change pilots.

Maybe Gentry is all wrong. But I am almost convinced that Dell Demps is a large problem in and of himself. Keeping Gentry should be solely the province of whomever we hire as GM next.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I wouldn't. Just because Gentry sucks more doesn't mean Minty didn't suck. We hired the wrong guy.
    You still hellbent on Tom Thibadeau?

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The revisionism is strong with a few folk.

I still remember the complains about our stagnant offense. The fact that despite Monty being a defensive coach, our defense was never a strength. The only thing Monty did really well was plays out of timeouts and he got he most of our players, sure. But that has a finite limit.

Monty had reached his apex and he wasn't good enough to reach the next level. It's not like we didn't give him five whole seasons. We did what LSU should've done with Les Miles three or four years ago. You don't always fire a coach because you think he's awful or the worst coach in the NBA or whatever nonsense superlatives that makes it easier to advocate firing someone.

Sometimes it's because you don't see any way up from a certain point but to change pilots.

Maybe Gentry is all wrong. But I am almost convinced that Dell Demps is a large problem in and of himself. Keeping Gentry should be solely the province of whomever we hire as GM next.
    THIS!!!

You still hellbent on Tom Thibadeau?
    I'm hell bent on anyone but the option we picked. This guy is a walking disaster.

I'm hell bent on anyone but the option we picked. This guy is a walking disaster.
    Well he did not kill Q-Pon. Monty did according to an informer on this forum.

I have my issues with Gentry. Frankly, some of them are the same things Thibs is struggling with like in-game adjustments. And I was a really big Thibs proponent. Still am.

With that said, he is being dealt a bad hand with injuries and turnover harming the ability to start season's out with chemistry and cohesion. A roster that even when healthy is a mix of mis-matched parts and has major talent deficiencies.

And I do have to give him credit for bringing along Buddy and putting him in a position where he is succeeding and not falling into some of the traps many coaches do with rookies.

Well he did not kill Q-Pon. Monty did according to an informer on this forum.
    Can you point me to this ignorant person that stated this and provide a quote that confirms it?

If I could turn back time, if I could find a way.

Bring back Monty . Although Devin Booker does not want to play for him after this season. We might benefit from Minty being at PHX. Fire Griffin if he can pull this off.

Thread Information