Pelicans Report

Thread: N.P. To those who wanted Bynum

NBA N.P. To those who wanted Bynum

He is thinking retirement?

deadspin.com/andrew-bynum-contemplates-retirement-1460758832

Bynum was speaking after practice in Philadelphia, where he was sent in 2012 as part of the massive trade that brought Dwight Howard to Los Angeles. Once considered the 76ers' franchise savior, he never played a game. Now in Cleveland on an incentive-laden contract, the big man has struggled in limited action off the bench. The Cavs are keeping his minutes down, and making sure he doesn't play on back-to-back days. It'll take a long time for the seven-footer to get back in game shape, and he's accepted that he'll never be 100 percent again.

"I still feel sharp pains," he said, "like after my dunk [in Milwaukee]. After that I went down from there. Still quite a ways to go. At the moment, it’s tough to enjoy the game because of how limited I am physically. I’m still sort of working through that."

Even if Bynum can overcome the short-term pain and become more than a 15-minutes-off-the-bench guy, there probably aren't many more miles left on him. Bynum suffered knee injuries in four of his final five seasons with the Lakers, though none of them catastrophic. It's a familiar career path for many big men, one that usually has a sad, abrupt outcome.

Also another source

http://articles.philly.com/2013-11-0...land-cavaliers

Cleveland aren't looking very good atm
    WaseMzantsi Afrika

Cleveland has always been the reason going after any good young big like Monroe is a pipe dream. They have just as much need but more tradeable assets.

Quote Originally Posted by BP225 View Post
    Cleveland has always been the reason going after any good young big like Monroe is a pipe dream. They have just as much need but more tradeable assets.
    Varajao (horrible spelling) would be nice on this team I think
    Jrue dat

Thread Information