Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: Lebron James: The PeliKING?

Quote Originally Posted by soggymoss View Post
    There would be pretty much no way to sign him as a FA without moving Jrue or AD... We could go the same route Houston did with CP3 though, and have him opt in to his 36 million, and tell Cleveland he only wants to be traded to us...

We could then send Cleveland Hill,Moore,Ajinca and a couple picks for him... Re-sign Boogie and Rondo, and fill the rest with min contracts, and we would only have roughly 135 million in contracts (including Niko), which would only throw us approximately 10 million into LT territory..

That would instantly make us the favorites (at least IMO), and Cleveland could use Moore and our picks to be able to shed some of their bad contracts while they rebuild
    Why would Cleveland want Hill though? They are (way) over the tax, and are paying the repeater penalty...they're going to do that for Hill, lol? What made the CP3 trade work for the Clippers was all the non-guaranteed contracts Houston had (or could get).

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    Why would Cleveland want Hill though? They are (way) over the tax, and are paying the repeater penalty...they're going to do that for Hill, lol? What made the CP3 trade work for the Clippers was all the non-guaranteed contracts Houston had (or could get).
    It would have to include Hill to make salaries work, unless a 3rd team gets involved and takes on Hill.. That's why I said we would have to include a pick or 2, where they could then ship off Hill and a pick to shed salary, or even use Moore in a deal to shed some salary to get themselves under the tax level

Would much rather sign Lebron in a sign and trade, and keep Moore. Lebron would have to agree to paycut, which I honestly think he will, another championship is worth more to him than $10M because the value of his legacy will rise. And if he choose to go to LA, cost of living and high taxes would cut even further into that $10M.

Hill, Ajinca, Liggins and 1st would keep Cavs out of Luxury tax and allow us to pay Lebron $24.7M

Don't laugh folks, it may not seem as crazy of an idea as many of you may think.

Who would have thought 4 months ago our president would be meeting in person with N. Korea president about
    ending their nuclear weapons program? Anything is possible.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post
    Would much rather sign Lebron in a sign and trade, and keep Moore. Lebron would have to agree to paycut, which I honestly think he will, another championship is worth more to him than $10M because the value of his legacy will rise. And if he choose to go to LA, cost of living and high taxes would cut even further into that $10M.

Hill, Ajinca, Liggins and 1st would keep Cavs out of Luxury tax and allow us to pay Lebron $24.7M
    Have to question your math, adding Moore to these guys equals 28.7M. Even that and picks would be a tough sell.

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post
    Don't laugh folks, it may not seem as crazy of an idea as many of you may think.

Who would have thought 4 months ago our president would be meeting in person with N. Korea president about
    Exactly next he might do something against the gun laws.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonPelicans View Post

A sign and trade hard caps us. We won't be doing that.

Yeah definitely cant S&T, he would have to opt in to his contract at 36 million, then get traded to us, then we could re-sign him using bird rights (we would get those due to him still.being under the same contract)

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Nail View Post
    Have to question your math, adding Moore to these guys equals 28.7M. Even that and picks would be a tough sell.
    It's because you can accept 125% back in a trade, thus the $24.7. But I didnt realize it would hard cap us as Mythrol pointed out, so that's not really an option.

If a team wants to trade for Lebron they have to send out 26.5 mil before July 1st and 28.4 mil after July 1st (per Larry Coon). The Cavs don't want to take back little cap space so they don't have to pay the repeater tax and still suck. So we have to trade salary elsewhere. Out of the players we would trade (so not AD, Jrue, or Boogie), we have Niko who is a very solid asset on a good contract, Etwuan on a responsible contract, Ajinca on an expiring which isn't as bad as it has been, and a bunch of other players below $3 million. Then we have the gauntlet that is Solomon Hill's contract. I don't think trading Solomon Hill is impossible. Attaching him, our 2019 1st round pick, and either Frank Jackson/Diallo/Miller could render a net neutral trade. Mirotic could easily traded as well. Those 2 trades would be right around those 2 number (Darius Miller, DeAnder Liggins, or Okafor could all be negotiated to get over that number). Is it possible? Yes. Is it probable? Hell no. But we are in the best position to get Lebron or another star (PG13) in franchise history. Again, I don't think anything crazy happens, but we're more attractive to big names than ever before.
    Welcome to be here

Quote Originally Posted by stormcenter View Post

#Q-anon

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRox View Post
    I highly, highly, highly doubt it. The chances of that happening are about the same as my chances to marry Lupita Nyong'o.
    Basketball.

Look at Rockets with CP3 trade. Clippers had choice - let him walk for nothing or get assets.
    They have chosen assets. Not bad salary.

Here is reminder of Rox package for CP3. Lou W. Beverley. Dekker. Harrell. And first rounder.

If Wizz will call you with the same question about Boogie - will you take Mahinmi? Doubti it.

Hill, Ajinca, Moore, 1st is like Mahinmi, Smith, Oubre and first

Dude has 256 followers. Probably some fake twitter account someone made for fun.

I clicked the link to that guys Twitter just so I could block him and not have to see any more of that nonsense. AD isn't going anywhere and especially not to the Warriors for Iggy, Bell, and what equals worse than early 2nd round picks.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Mythrol View Post
    I clicked the link to that guys Twitter just so I could block him and not have to see any more of that nonsense. AD isn't going anywhere and especially not to the Warriors for Iggy, Bell, and what equals worse than early 2nd round picks.
    They talk it on first take today about the warriors interested in AD for klay and green....I see why the warriors would do it because they don't want to pay green and klay max deals coming up and can save money with curry,AD and KD.......I see it as the warriors know their big 4 is breaking up and trying to sell now while the value is high.........it also tell me that our time is coming if the warriors is thinking like this so we need to hit another star player to be in position to take over....

only team IF im trading AD to is Boston and that is for Tatum, Rozier, and multiple draft picks and that is IF boogie is signed.

Wow, if Dell wants to be remembered, that's a good way to do it. 50 YRS from now they will be talking about the GM that traded Anthony Davis at 26 yrs old but already a multi-yr NBA all-star and MVP candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by lsutigers33 View Post
    only team IF im trading AD to is Boston and that is for Tatum, Rozier, and multiple draft picks and that is IF boogie is signed.
    That's not even an if for me. Frankly if you trade a generational, transcendent talent at the peak of his prime with multiple years left on a relatively cheap contract for anything short of immediate championship contention, you deserve firing and you're lucky you can't be challenged for an honour duel to the death.

How could anyone knock back this delicious deal

Get your Hand off it, Chris

lol.

I would immediately stop following the Pels if they traded Anthony Davis for any package that includes Draymond Green.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reading through some social media and GSW fans genuinely think they get the raw end of the deal if they trade klay and draymond for AD. Klay is really good and Draymond looks good because of who he plays with...AD is a generational superstar at both ends
    '' We are here!!''

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    This is the most interesting Lebron take Ive seen so far, one that makes a lot of sense .... https://theundefeated.com/features/w...-lebron-james/

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I wouldn't mind that. If he doesn't come here. Stay east coast. Stay the hell away from the Lakers. So I don't have to deal with all the bandwagon fans going ape all day. They can get Paul George and be the team we sweep in the 1st round next year.

Thread Information