Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Pelicans NBA 2k14 Ratings

Quote Originally Posted by Pelican Tech View Post
    Davis should be at least 82 or 83..
    He will be on the roster I release. I recommend it. And it's not biased.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! Bee-Fense's Avatar
    I feel sorry for anyone that uses 2k ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by Bee-Fense View Post
    I feel sorry for anyone that uses 2k ratings.
    This. On Operation Sports forum, they have some guys who put out really good rosters that are real true to the players and the game.

Dudes, it's not about "he should be 82 because he's better than this other player who is 77".

When playing 2K overall means nothing at all. For example Dirk could have a 77 overall rating and still be much more effective than a random 85 dude because for sure he's gonna have a 99 medium shot along with a 90+ fadeaway.

When the game is out don't look at the overalls, look at the individual ratings to check if they are fair or not. Some ratings do nothing at all gameplay wise such as offensive or defensive awareness and still have quite the impact on the overall.

Quote Originally Posted by supermati View Post
    Dudes, it's not about "he should be 82 because he's better than this other player who is 77".

When playing 2K overall means nothing at all. For example Dirk could have a 77 overall rating and still be much more effective than a random 85 dude because for sure he's gonna have a 99 medium shot along with a 90+ fadeaway.

When the game is out don't look at the overalls, look at the individual ratings to check if they are fair or not. Some ratings do nothing at all gameplay wise such as offensive or defensive awareness and still have quite the impact on the overall.
    Unfortunately this is true. Shannon Brown, Gerald Green, and Jr Smith have been the second coming of Kobe in the game for as long as I can remember.

You're right but 2k also continues to get these wrong. A good example is Gordon Hayward, a terrific perimeter, and one of the Jazz's best players (if not best), has been ignored year after year. They especially disregard his athleticism. This is just one example. Hopefully next-gen kills it.

Thought this might be of interest to you guys.

Thought this might be of interest to you guys.
    What is the secret code you have to enter to get Bynum to play?
    Quote Originally Posted by zakzak View Post
    that dumb Gentry killing Asik morale seriously man he is been good when you compare last season then suddenly he sits whole damn first half barely gets minutes what an idiot we need muscle wee need rebound he took of asik jones,ajinca they got no place on this team play Diallo at least he is decent.
    .......if healthy

@Jabberwalker

Quote Originally Posted by Jabberwalker View Post
    What is the secret code you have to enter to get Bynum to play?

Thanks for the video. I watched it until I couldn't stand seeing the player take anymore contested jumpers and layups. And broadcast camera is difficult to watch once you get used to 2k.

How is this game for Xbox360 and is it the best nba game with the new pelicans roster
    This team aint wining nothing with this coach, we can make all the excuses we want. Unfortunately excuses don't win games.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackaveli View Post
    How is this game for Xbox360 and is it the best nba game with the new pelicans roster
    On PS4 it's breathtaking. Jrue is amazing in the game.

Awareness has a huge impact on gameplay. If you play the game a lot like I do then you notice it rookies defending off ball tend to get turned around a lot. Or u give up a lot of inside passes. On offense players cutting to the basket or generally knowing what to do with the ball. It affects all of those things

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

After the roster update (and pre injury) Anthony Davis was bumped up to 85 overall (91 offensive rebound and 97 shot blocking). Also Ryan Anderson 3 point shot is now a 90
    Saints, Pelicans, Tigers, Braves, and PS3 (NinthWardJay is the PSN)

When AD comes back, Im about to tear it up online with the Pelicans.

Thread Information