Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Pelicans NBA 2k14 Ratings

Pelicans NBA 2k14 Ratings

for those that game

The fact that ryan anderson is 67 and anthony davis went down in rating kills my how stupid 2k is.

I'm actually pleased with this. Pretty spot on except Davis and Ryno

IMO Davis -83
    Ryno -76
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

I always expect the ratings to increase overtime.

I remember Kyrie Irving had a 83 overall last year in the beginning. Same with Paul George.

As somebody who's played 2k and who's owned and still has every copy of 2k since Allen Iversom was on the cover in 2002 and 2003, this is pathetic. Anthony Davis was a 79 in the last 2k so how hasn't he changed? And Anderson being a 67 is a straight joke OMG. Jrue Holiday was an 88 to start last game off. He was an all star and stood out big time, dude can ball, but no let's rank him worse than we had him to start the last season off............ Can't wait for the game to come out but this is bad news man. I also bet they do nothing to improve Anthony Davis mid range jumpshop, which was nearly impossible to make in 2k13. This sucks.

Ryan Anderson may have a case for defamation suit against 2k.

But seriously, that is a criminal under-rating.

I adjusted AD to an 82 on my Pelicans roster, and it feels about right. How he hasn't gone up since last year is baffling.

Jason Smith and Anderson have been getting snubbed for years now. The Enforcer should come with his own truck stick, and Anderson is the best big man three point shooter in the league.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar
    LOL at that Anderson rating. Geeeeeeeez.

Wow... good thing I'm not buying it this year. I bet kenneth faired has a great jumpshot.
    I bet damian lillard is higher than gordon. The anderson/davis thing is fkn ridiculous. But, it might have given the team a 6 overall rank or something if they gave them true ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Writhe View Post
    Wow... good thing I'm not buying it this year. I bet kenneth faired has a great jumpshot.
    I bet damian lillard is higher than gordon. The anderson/davis thing is fkn ridiculous. But, it might have given the team a 6 overall rank or something if they gave them true ranks.
    Yeah after adding Jrue and tyreke and basically acquiring everyone on the roster now minus withey and Pierre Jackson our defense is ranked number 6. That's fine by my standards because playing with guys like Jrue Gordon and tyreke in 2k along with the rest of our offense is already fun to play with regardless of rank, but still.

I think the ratings are respectable for the most part except for Anderson. Definitely one of the most underrated players in the game. He should be 73+ cause he is way better than Aminu. I'd argument Davis should be higher as well but I think it's lower cause he didn't get to show his full potential with the limited minutes coach gave him.

Either way, this team will be so much fun to play with on 2k!
    Follow me on Twitter: @WeAreSX2

Anderson led the team in scoring and won most improved player and made multiple appearances in the 3pt competition. What the **** does a guy have to do?

Looking at all the ratings, a lot of bigs seem to be rated pretty low, especially compared to guards. I'm guessing the rating system, even for bigs, is heavily weighted towards speed, ball handling, etc.

For Davis, he's showing as a B Inside, F Outside, C+ Per D, B- Post D, D+ Hndl, B+ Reb, B IQ.

Anderson is probably only a 67 because of what he's rated for D, ball handling, rebounding, speed, and athleticism.

Some others: Nerlens Noel 72, Anthony Bennett 76, Larry Sanders 79, Andrew Bynum 86, Kyrie Irving 88, Blake Griffin 84, Marc Gasol 81, DeMarcus Cousins 80, J.R. Smith 84 (how?), Pau Gasol 80, Chris Bosh 82, Dirk 83, Faried 80 (F Outside, C+ Inside), Roy Hibbert 80, Paul George 87, Drummond 72, Greg Monroe 80, Brandon Jennings 83, Asik 70, Harden 88, Howard 90, Aldridge 84, Lillard 84.

I was reading that 2k is still using last year's base roster so that's why the ratings are basically the same. Take that for what it's worth. But for anyone who is interested, I put out a roster very true to our team on 2k share every year. It covers true ratings, accessories, shoes, jump shots, dunk packages, etc. It feels like you're playing with the real team! When I get the game, I will put a thread out in the video game forum about it for anyone who is interested!

It's funny because Ronnie 2K posted that Davis' rating is an 80 yet the vid shows him at 79 (as he was last year and never increased despite his unexpected offensive output).

i won't comment too much until i play with them. anthony morrow was a 60 something last year & i would torch people with him.

Formerly "Rocket Man" groundpatty's Avatar
    Jason Smith's rating was really low last year too, but they finally got his mid-range jumper down. Anderson is probably still deadly behind the arc. I pay less attention to the rankings and more if the game plays into that player's real-life strengths.

So oden is a better player than anderson since he's got a 71 rating? What a joke..i'll have to modify a good many ratings there
    Goodness me, why on earth should gordon be rated higher than lillard? Did you see the two of them play (gordon every once in a while, granted) last year?
    Last edited by Kurgan; 09-25-2013 at 10:50 AM.

Marcus Camby 71
    Asik 70

lol

Quote Originally Posted by iNolaNightmare View Post
    I was reading that 2k is still using last year's base roster so that's why the ratings are basically the same. Take that for what it's worth. But for anyone who is interested, I put out a roster very true to our team on 2k share every year. It covers true ratings, accessories, shoes, jump shots, dunk packages, etc. It feels like you're playing with the real team! When I get the game, I will put a thread out in the video game forum about it for anyone who is interested!
    It kind of defeats the purpose of putting out a new game if you're going to use the same roster stats. I'd probably be passing this year if it wasn't for being the Pelicans first time in 2k. The only other time I passed was last year's 2k12, which was just too similar to 2k11 (which introduced Jordan, so I actually didn't mind the only other improvement being a few small gameplay tweaks).

I think the lack of competition is starting to affect the quality of the games, which is something I expect more from Madden than 2K. Hopefully with NBA Live finally getting back into the game, we'll start to see some real improvements year to year.

I actually liked what they did with My Team, taking a note from Madden Ultimate Team, but there's still so much room for improvement that when I read the differences this year I couldn't help but be disappointed. The changes are modest improvements at best. I think after 2k11 or so I became spoiled. At that point they were still pushing the envelope for a basketball game, but unfortunately nothing noteworthy has happened with the series since then.
    Last edited by SeaLegs; 09-25-2013 at 11:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by groundpatty View Post
    Anderson is probably still deadly behind the arc.
    I really don't have an issue with Anderson's rating. He is a killer from the arc, but doesn't create, distribute, or defend at anything approaching a high level. Like you said, it all has to do with how his skills are defined in the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jester View Post
    I really don't have an issue with Anderson's rating. He is a killer from the arc, but doesn't create, distribute, or defend at anything approaching a high level. Like you said, it all has to do with how his skills are defined in the game.
    His offensive rebounding is too low in the game, is the only real gripe. He's like 75 if you bump it up to even 85. He was an elite offensive rebounder every year except this last, and even this last year he was still pretty good, but they make his O and D rebounding 80/79 respectively, and that kills his rating.

Quote Originally Posted by Kumar View Post
    Marcus Camby 71
    Asik 70

lol
    "camby's still in the NBA?"
    "yes"
    "give him the same rating as last year"
    -2k developers every year for the past 5 years

Not trying to defend 2k, but this is the new system they've placed in:
    http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=InJVJhj1Ixc

Like I said earlier, right now, because the game has not hit shelves, they are using last years roster base before releasing a new roster update. It's presumed that an update will come out on release day, but even if the things don't get addressed that were griping about, the system that is shown in the above video should cover that.

Davis should be at least 82 or 83..

Thread Information